Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785005 times)

Offline clubsport

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3620 on: 23 January 2016, 15:54 »
Wheels off, car on axle stands.

Cleaned wheels, wax and seal

Clayed the whole car, polished, wax @ sealed.

Looked amazing inside under fluorescent lights.

Not much different outside in the dull grey afternoon.

At least I know it is well protected from the elements now.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3621 on: 23 January 2016, 16:21 »
Massive improvement. Nice pics as well :smiley:
Looks great with the new mats, very smart. If I can russle up a few £££s some red edged mats, the footrest and some red footwell leds will be going in.

Thanks.  It really finishes off the footwell nicely, looks oem, and better grip for the foot.  Think that the footwell all sorted now with the LEDs, mats and footrest - gets more attention than the rest of the car.......actually that's not true.  :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #3622 on: 23 January 2016, 18:31 »
I love those mats Rebecca. Tempted to get myself a set of those!
I think I read elsewhere that you had to send them a photo of the correct R logo or something ?
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3623 on: 23 January 2016, 19:26 »
I love those mats Rebecca. Tempted to get myself a set of those!
I think I read elsewhere that you had to send them a photo of the correct R logo or something ?

Thanks Joe, I'm really, really pleased with them. Was going to keep them for spring summer but still got them in from my little photoshoot, lol.  Much softer underfoot than the oem ones, especially with the heel pad.

When I ordered mine I stated I wanted the new Golf R Logo (in Electric Blue) in the relevant box, then when I received the confirmation email, I replied attaching a couple of pics of logos off the internet.  But you could just send this pic of the logo off one of my mats.  They have the template:

Why not just send them this pic:

And here's exactly what I ordered for the R

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #3624 on: 23 January 2016, 19:52 »
Thanks Rebecca! You've done all the hard work for me lol. They do look great, it's really something VW should provide as standard, like the foot rest too.

Looks like they don't deliver to Ireland but I can get around that with Parcel Motel.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3625 on: 23 January 2016, 20:04 »
Thanks Rebecca! You've done all the hard work for me lol. They do look great, it's really something VW should provide as standard, like the foot rest too.

Looks like they don't deliver to Ireland but I can get around that with Parcel Motel.

Happy to oblige.  :laugh:

Joe, what is Parcel Motel?.......sounds intriguing!
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #3626 on: 23 January 2016, 20:39 »
Went in the R to test drive a Fiesta ST to replace the Polo, ended up ordering and M2 to replace the Polo and keep the R as my daily

Had was forced on the M2 and thanks to my old VW salesmen he put me in touch with their BMW dealers and deal done, with R values struggling i thought i'd keep it as ideal daily and put my hands a bit deeper in the piggy bank

The MQB platform is a tough act to beat and I still needed a VW in my life

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
« Reply #3627 on: 23 January 2016, 20:42 »
Went in the R to test drive a Fiesta ST to replace the Polo, ended up ordering and M2 to replace the Polo and keep the R as my daily

Had was forced on the M2 and thanks to my old VW salesmen he put me in touch with their BMW dealers and deal done, with R values struggling i thought i'd keep it as ideal daily and put my hands a bit deeper in the piggy bank

The MQB platform is a tough act to beat and I still needed a VW in my life

I have enquired about the M2.Did they give you any idea about delivery dates?.I have heard all sorts ranging from this Summer to next year!. :angry:
Current: Golf GTD MK7  3 door manual carbon grey.

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #3628 on: 23 January 2016, 21:00 »
hopefully end of 16 but worth the wait even if its early 17

i think some customer loyalty has helped as group

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #3629 on: 23 January 2016, 21:00 »

Happy to oblige.  :laugh:

Joe, what is Parcel Motel?.......sounds intriguing!

It's a courier service, it's very handy because you can use a UK address, provided by parcel motel, if buying something online  (basically parcel motel's depot in Belfast). 

Then when the parcel lands in Belfast, Parcel Motel deliver it down to me.
It's good value in cases like this and especially in cases where it's free UK delivery and extortionate delivery to everywhere else!