Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2784994 times)

Offline kenny.c

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3500 on: 31 December 2015, 13:14 »
Putting the car back to standard ready to sell it back to the dealers.

So yes we are leaving the world of MK7 GTI ownership......nothing really wrong with the GTI it does everything very well. The wife has never really liked driving it and would rather drive our Mazda 3 than the Golf and without offending anyone...I find it a bit boring to drive myself.

We both like doing trackdays and never really connected with the Golf on the track.....
We are moving onto a very low mileage Mini GP2 which we both find far more involving to drive, yes it makes more noise and its only got 2 seats, but we really want a toy as we have another more practical car available.

Thanks everyone and have a great new year.
Ken

PS...DTUK tuning / pedal box / wheels in the for sale section

« Last Edit: 31 December 2015, 15:36 by kenny.c »
GTI - PP

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
« Reply #3501 on: 31 December 2015, 16:16 »
Bought a load of cleaning products and towels etc................oh and another set of wheels :grin: :laugh:
Current: MK7 Golf R (Limestone Grey) DSG, 19 Prets, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, High Beam Assist, Apple Connect, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf R (Tornado Red) DSG, Winter Pack, Keyless, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf GTD (Pure White)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #3502 on: 02 January 2016, 20:46 »
Just got home from a family visit oop north to Middlesbrough. 530 mile round trip. GTI went brilliantly. Pushed it a bit on the way up as traffic was good and weather excellent, averaged 39.5mpg. Covered in bird poo parked outside my sister's house, the dirty feathered feckers... Steady run back today as the weather was awful, loads of spray and at times heavy traffic but averaged 42.7mpg. Very pleased with the economy and the ride. Bit of a buzz developed from the dash but my co-pilot found it to be the passenger side air vent which seems to have gone after a thump! What a great car!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #3503 on: 02 January 2016, 21:23 »
Just got home from a family visit oop north to Middlesbrough. 530 mile round trip. GTI went brilliantly. Pushed it a bit on the way up as traffic was good and weather excellent, averaged 39.5mpg. Covered in bird poo parked outside my sister's house, the dirty feathered feckers... Steady run back today as the weather was awful, loads of spray and at times heavy traffic but averaged 42.7mpg. Very pleased with the economy and the ride. Bit of a buzz developed from the dash but my co-pilot found it to be the passenger side air vent which seems to have gone after a thump! What a great car!
Excellent fuel efficiency for a 2.0 turbo petrol car.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3504 on: 02 January 2016, 21:39 »

Depends purely on the cruising speed. If you're willing to religiously do 60mph on an uncluttered motorway, i'd expect 42-44mpg on a GTI, 35-38mpg on an R and 62-65mpg on a GTD. As someone who looks to cruise at 75-80 on a motorway for a long journey, expectations fall to about 56 in the GTD and 30 in the R in the Winter.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #3505 on: 02 January 2016, 22:05 »

Depends purely on the cruising speed. If you're willing to religiously do 60mph on an uncluttered motorway, i'd expect 42-44mpg on a GTI, 35-38mpg on an R and 62-65mpg on a GTD. As someone who looks to cruise at 75-80 on a motorway for a long journey, expectations fall to about 56 in the GTD and 30 in the R in the Winter.

Yup, today avg 60-70 most of the time, on the way up 80-90 mostly (maybe a tad more now and then :wink:).
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #3506 on: 02 January 2016, 22:25 »
I find I'm driving slower and slower these days.
Especially on motorways for some reason.
Old age creeping up on me I suppose  :cry:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Bungleaio

• Here all the time
« Reply #3507 on: 03 January 2016, 10:32 »

Thats excellent, I've only seen 35mpg so far but it's only got 3500 miles on it and the DSG isn't helping.
Abarth 595 Turismo + Classic Mini + Triumph Street Triple RS
Did have 3door DBP GTI PP

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
« Reply #3508 on: 03 January 2016, 16:23 »
Fitted new wheels in the wind and rain, soon as I'd finnished the clouds cleared and there was blue skies :angry:
Wanted to wash it but had to go shopping instead :cry:

Current: MK7 Golf R (Limestone Grey) DSG, 19 Prets, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, High Beam Assist, Apple Connect, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf R (Tornado Red) DSG, Winter Pack, Keyless, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf GTD (Pure White)

Offline mk7gti

• I live here
« Reply #3509 on: 03 January 2016, 16:45 »
Another set you must be feeling flush :grin:

MK7 GTI - Deep Pearl Black - Standard Spec - Ordered 10/12/2015.

MK7 GTI - White - Standard Spec - Service Pack - Collected 11/09/2013.