Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785039 times)

Offline clubsport

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3480 on: 28 December 2015, 13:14 »
Only had it a few days, time to see what we have!

Up on axle stands, clean underside and suspension. While wheels are off the car, clean and wax inside and out. Polish and wax red brake calipers.

Also I repainted the disc brake bells in heat resistance silver paint, to tidy it up a little.

Having had the car a matter of days and covered 300 miles, the car is great in itself, I just haven't jelled with it yet. Not sure if it is just too big for me?

Offline Mk7-GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #3481 on: 28 December 2015, 15:54 »
I haven't even ordered my car yet and my dealer told me that as long as I order the first week or two of January I will have the car for 1st of March.

I'm torn between the estate and 5 door.

He can guarantee it in 8 weeks?
Not sure if you've ordered a new VW before but your order sits with the factory for a few weeks, waiting on a build slot.
You are then given a guaranteed build week which is 4 weeks in the future.
It can be built in a couple of days
It then has to wait on a train, wait on a ferry, wait on clearance, wait on it being transported to the dealer and then finally wait on it being PDI'd. VW say to give that 4 weeks although 2-3 weeks seems to be the norm although folk have reported it being quicker.

So 4 weeks build date, 2 weeks delivery only gives your dealer 2 weeks for it to be in the system before hand and thats you ordering on the 1st of January. Some folk are in the system for months before a build date is confirmed.

Unless he has cars already in the system that he can change the sepc with I'd doubt very much he could get a fresh order to you in that time frame. If he can that's some service.
The estate might be even longer as I'm sure they do that in batches as the tooling has to be changed.

Yeah I have ordered new from them before and the car I have at the moment I ordered the 2nd week of Jan 13 and had the car in the dealers the middle of Feb.

He has a load of cars in the system and he even has several in the dealership with the spec and colour that I want.

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
« Reply #3482 on: 28 December 2015, 22:15 »
I looked at my R sat behind my Jag and it made me sad.....I must drive it tomorrow!
2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.

Offline chris1h

• Here all the time
  • MK6 GTI BLACK 3 DOOR
« Reply #3483 on: 28 December 2015, 22:19 »
I looked at my R sat behind my Jag and it made me sad.....I must drive it tomorrow!

alright for some! dreaming of a R over here!  :nerd:
MK6 GTI - 2011 - PEARL BLACK - 3 DOOR  - 18" MONZA SHADOWS  -  RNS510/DAB  -  ACC  - SUNROOF  -  WINTER PACK  - DYNAUDIO  -  VIENNA LEATHER  - PARKING SENSORS  - BLUETOOTH

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
« Reply #3484 on: 28 December 2015, 23:12 »

I just read my sentence again and I sound like an absolute douchebag saying that lmao sorry buddy
2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.

Offline chris1h

• Here all the time
  • MK6 GTI BLACK 3 DOOR
« Reply #3485 on: 29 December 2015, 00:13 »

I just read my sentence again and I sound like an absolute douchebag saying that lmao sorry buddy

hahaha!  :grin: :grin: :grin:
MK6 GTI - 2011 - PEARL BLACK - 3 DOOR  - 18" MONZA SHADOWS  -  RNS510/DAB  -  ACC  - SUNROOF  -  WINTER PACK  - DYNAUDIO  -  VIENNA LEATHER  - PARKING SENSORS  - BLUETOOTH

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #3486 on: 30 December 2015, 12:37 »
Yeah I have ordered new from them before and the car I have at the moment I ordered the 2nd week of Jan 13 and had the car in the dealers the middle of Feb.

Wow 5 weeks from being ordered to delivered? Is he making them out his back yard  :grin: 

Seriously though that must be some sort of record considering VW insist your confirmed build week is for 4 weeks in advance.
That leaves 1 week for it being on their system, built, on the train, ferried, transported and PDI'd
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Gtiless

• Here all the time
« Reply #3487 on: 30 December 2015, 13:09 »

Wow 5 weeks from being ordered to delivered? Is he making them out his back yard  :grin: 

Seriously though that must be some sort of record considering VW insist your confirmed build week is for 4 weeks in advance.
That leaves 1 week for it being on their system, built, on the train, ferried, transported and PDI'd

Must not be as many orders going in at the moment for some reason?! :whistle:

Offline Mk7-GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #3488 on: 30 December 2015, 13:32 »

It was 3 years ago now so things could be different now.

How does it work with dealers? He said that they have loads to pick from with various spec and colour. I'm leaning towards limestone grey or Oryx white, both of which they have in their dealers at the minute.

If I take one from what they have due to come before March at what point is it too late to change spec?
« Last Edit: 30 December 2015, 13:44 by Mk7-GTD »

Offline Gtiless

• Here all the time
« Reply #3489 on: 30 December 2015, 13:43 »

Must not be as many orders going in at the moment for some reason?! :whistle:

Edit, I have just realised this is 2013 you are refering to.