Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785025 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3390 on: 07 December 2015, 11:38 »
plucked up the courage to use park assist for the first time. two cars with a space in between and no one about. it worked perfectly :smiley: i know it's sad but I sat there for a moment laughing at how weird it was not touching the steering wheel. I had the same feeling in my previous gti mk7 when the adaptive cruise started doing its stuff

I also specced this as a) it was dirt cheap and b) I'm crap at parallel parking and paranoid about striking the alloys on the kerb, and this tech has got me into parking spots first time that I probably wouldn't have tried without it. It makes me look good  :grin:
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
« Reply #3391 on: 07 December 2015, 15:26 »
Stared at my MPG stats and shuddered....110miles into the tank (half way) and I'm averaging 24mpg. Ouch!
2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #3392 on: 07 December 2015, 15:37 »
Just today got 20,000 miles on the car and on the Bridgestone's.

Trouble is, I've still got 4mm left on them all round. Being a bit of a cheapskate, don't really want to change them until they are down to about 2.5mm, so might be ragging them over the next month or so.

New tyres for January ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline caprigreen

• Here all the time
« Reply #3393 on: 07 December 2015, 22:19 »
Just today got 20,000 miles on the car and on the Bridgestone's.

Trouble is, I've still got 4mm left on them all round. Being a bit of a cheapskate, don't really want to change them until they are down to about 2.5mm, so might be ragging them over the next month or so.

New tyres for January ?

I take it you have rotated your tyres ? Mine are 4mm after 9k on the front and I have never experienced tramping so shows my driving style
64 plate VW Golf GTI PP Pure white
1991 VW Golf GTI 8v Silver, 30k miles

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #3394 on: 07 December 2015, 22:22 »
Yes, rotated at 12k miles

Offline caprigreen

• Here all the time
« Reply #3395 on: 07 December 2015, 22:38 »
Think I will do the same , job for the morning
64 plate VW Golf GTI PP Pure white
1991 VW Golf GTI 8v Silver, 30k miles

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3396 on: 07 December 2015, 22:48 »
Stared at my MPG stats and shuddered....110miles into the tank (half way) and I'm averaging 24mpg. Ouch!

23.4mpg average for me 😱

The Shell garage is my second home!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3397 on: 07 December 2015, 22:51 »
New tyres for January ?

Anything other than Bridgestones, the tyre that just won't die.  :laugh:

ContiSportContact 5Ps
Michelin Pilot Supersports
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #3398 on: 10 December 2015, 22:26 »
R went in for it second service yesterday and replacement gloss fins on the rear window, there is a recall on some cars for this but mine were fine, no dramas as car went back stock

Sprinted it today at Curborough in challenging conditions which tested the R and me and proves you can get oversteer in a sensible hatch if you turn the driver aids off

Great day as fasted overall and nice to scalp a new 911 Turbo S who is a regular be a second and he was trying

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #3399 on: 11 December 2015, 11:15 »

Great day as fasted overall and nice to scalp a new 911 Turbo S who is a regular be a second and he was trying

I can pretty much guarantee you that if he was trying you would have lost, and lost horrendously :grin:  I've driven a Turbo S and its the quickest car I've ever been in by a country mile.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....