Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785025 times)

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3330 on: 18 November 2015, 20:22 »
Where abouts in Norfolk did you travel to watts? I live around Norwich and spend most of my life driving around norfolk
2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #3331 on: 18 November 2015, 21:11 »
Where abouts in Norfolk did you travel to watts? I live around Norwich and spend most of my life driving around norfolk

I'm in Dersingham, next to Sandringham. My mum's side of the family are from around Snettisham and my dad was brought up in Hunstanton. Still got lots of family round here.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #3332 on: 18 November 2015, 21:27 »

+1; also live near Norwich but I've not seen your R on my travels yet. If I do, I'll flash my lights and give you a wave  :smiley:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3333 on: 18 November 2015, 22:58 »
Got these for it.  Ordered last Friday so very quick delivery form the US. S2T B3 Polished Black Anodised paddle shifters. They are really excellent quality, feel nice and weighty in the hand and much nicer in the flesh - the S2T website photos do not do them justice. Hopefully get time to fit them this weekend.

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3334 on: 19 November 2015, 06:08 »
They look good quality Ms B  :cool:

Not as sexy as a golf ball gear knob though!  :lipsrsealed:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3335 on: 19 November 2015, 09:10 »
They look good quality Ms B  :cool:

Not as sexy as a golf ball gear knob though!  :lipsrsealed:

The words 'golf ball gear knob' and 'sexy' do not belong in the same sentence.  :tongue:

The glossy black paddles are pretty foxy though!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3336 on: 21 November 2015, 13:19 »
Fitted the S2T paddles - B3's in polished black. 

An absolute doddle to fit, took only 5 mins.  Extremely pleased with them, look like they belong and how it should've come out of the factory.  Feel lovely to use, very tactile and the extended length gives a feeling of greater control.  Quality is excellent.  Pricy but well worth the money.  :cool:

Before

After

Installation guide here http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=276214.msg2524619#msg2524619
« Last Edit: 21 November 2015, 14:40 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3337 on: 21 November 2015, 13:37 »

An absolute doddle to fit, took only 5 mins.  Extremely pleased with them, look like they belong and how it should've come out of the factory.  Feel lovely to use, very tactile and the extended length gives a feeling of greater control.  Quality is excellent.  Pricy but well worth the money.  :cool:

That's more like it.  :cool:
Wonder why they don't come out of the factory like that when the DSG is marketed as a performance aid rather than an OAP necessity?
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3338 on: 21 November 2015, 14:42 »

That's more like it.  :cool:
Wonder why they don't come out of the factory like that when the DSG is marketed as a performance aid rather than an OAP necessity?

:grin:  You know DSG is coming your way soon.  Worth it just for the sexy paddles.  :drool:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3339 on: 21 November 2015, 16:35 »
My filthy R sits neglected while the wife's A1 gets 1/2 a day's graft lavished on it.

Swapped the 16" wheels on it with the recently acquired set of new 15" winter wheels with Michelin Alpin tyres.

Had to wrap the VW centre caps with a gun metal vinyl that looks exactly like the Audi centre caps. Audi don't do 15" winter wheels apparently,  even for the A1, and the 16"ers have a bigger diameter centre cap  :angry:. Ended up being far cheaper, the little bit of wrap I needed cost £1.88 delivered through Ebay.

Before putting the wheels on, they got a front and back coating of C2V3, then I washed the A1 all round and gave it another coat of C2V3. Had to pull everything out of the shed and rearrange to accommodate the A1's 16" wheels.

I then looked at my car and decided that I couldn't be arsed to wash mine, I needed to let my hands warm up again (2.5C up here today - by far the coldest it's been since last Winter).

I couldn't even be bothered to take a pic of the shiny A1.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.