Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785029 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3300 on: 15 November 2015, 15:08 »
Finally got around to fitting the Lockwood door sill protectors. At first I was disappointed there weren’t any available with the R logo.  But now they are on I think they look better without a logo and the etched stripe is nicely in keeping with the existing sill strip. Very easy to fit.

Passenger side front and rear

Driver side front and rear

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3301 on: 15 November 2015, 15:51 »
Shiny!
Looking good Madamoiselle Boothette, the car looks like it's had a nice bath too.
The polished ones set of perfectly against the black paint.
I've got black plastic ones on mine which contrast with the white paint however they're a lot thicker than the metal ones and some of the white paint rubs off against the plastic trim so in retrospect the polished ones are better full stop!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #3302 on: 15 November 2015, 18:30 »
Prepared my car for winter.

Fitted winter wheels & tyres
Swapped the carpet mats for rubber ones
Made sure my de-icer and ice scraper etc. were in the boot
Cleaned and sealed my Austins and stored them in my garage

The temps look like they are dropping next weekend with hail showers forecast next weekend so I'll be doing all of the above towards Thursday  :wink:

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #3303 on: 15 November 2015, 18:32 »
Finally got around to fitting the Lockwood door sill protectors. At first I was disappointed there weren’t any available with the R logo.  But now they are on I think they look better without a logo and the etched stripe is nicely in keeping with the existing sill strip. Very easy to fit.

Passenger side front and rear

Driver side front and rear

Plenty of 'bling' there Mrs Booth

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3304 on: 15 November 2015, 18:51 »
Shiny!
Looking good Madamoiselle Boothette, the car looks like it's had a nice bath too.
The polished ones set of perfectly against the black paint.
I've got black plastic ones on mine which contrast with the white paint however they're a lot thicker than the metal ones and some of the white paint rubs off against the plastic trim so in retrospect the polished ones are better full stop!

Thanks Mr Ex.  I thought about using black ones but just didn't think they would look quite right.  These are the same kind I used on the Mk6 GTI.  The quality and finish is superb, I think the silver looks nice and clean and I wouldn't want them any thicker.  But best of all they do the job and protect from all those pesky bits of gravel from the driveway.  Next time - block paving!!!

And yes!  The R did have a nice bath too.

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3305 on: 15 November 2015, 18:53 »

Plenty of 'bling' there Mrs Booth

They are quite blingy against black but as you only see them when the doors are open it's not in your face. Doors shut and the cars still looks pretty stealthy.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #3306 on: 15 November 2015, 19:29 »
That is one stunning looking car!
The Pretoria's are so much nicer looking than the Cadiz.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #3307 on: 15 November 2015, 19:36 »
It's been chucking it down here for the past two weekends so my car is in desperate need of a wash!

Offline J400uk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3308 on: 15 November 2015, 20:24 »
Hit the 10,000 mile mark today! Not much to report on except it seems nicely run in and a bit smoother than it was when new. Strong performance and consistently averaging 50mpg. Exactly why I got it really :)
2015 Golf GTD 2.0 TDI 184 PS 6-speed DSG 5 Door Tornado Red

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3309 on: 15 November 2015, 21:29 »
 :sad:
It's been chucking it down here for the past two weekends so my car is in desperate need of a wash!

Frustrating isn't it!  Mine had gone a couple of weeks without a wash due to weather and other commitments and it was really filthy. Had to wash the side panels and boot twice to get the dirt off.  Wanted to wax it today but ran out of time.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual