Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785053 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3220 on: 30 October 2015, 12:42 »
I know a bloke who traded his 18 month old S4 for one  :huh: He's only a small fella, so we reckon the S4 was too much car for him to clean. It is often referred to as "Little Tykes, my first S car", or "My little Audi"

He's named it Betty Boost. Betty Booster seat more like.  :grin:

Not being sexist or anything but isn't an A1 more of a girl's car really? There definitely are cars which look odd with blokes driving them and the A1 is one of them (along with the "new" VW Beetle and the "new" Mini)

They only make the things so that the other half/daughter of the Q7 driver can also have some expensive bling. An important marketing technique for Audi but its exactly what they are doing, expensive small cars exist for this sector alone.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3221 on: 30 October 2015, 13:04 »
Not being sexist or anything but isn't an A1 more of a girl's car really? There definitely are cars which look odd with blokes driving them and the A1 is one of them (along with the "new" VW Beetle and the "new" Mini)

They only make the things so that the other half/daughter of the Q7 driver can also have some expensive bling. An important marketing technique for Audi but its exactly what they are doing, expensive small cars exist for this sector alone.

Sexist or not, it's true I think. Although, speaking as a girl, none of those cars you mention would get a second look from me.  Blokes do look stupid driving those kind of cars. I even think the Scirocco is on the girly side.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #3222 on: 30 October 2015, 13:17 »
Yeah I think we know where your car feelings are ;-)

But I'd say you were the exception and not the rule!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3223 on: 30 October 2015, 14:07 »
Yeah I think we know where your car feelings are ;-)

But I'd say you were the exception and not the rule!

And yours. :tongue:  What are you trying to say, lol.

I'm not averse to smaller cars, but I'd have a Polo GTI or even a Fiesta ST over a Mini, S1, or Beetle, any day of the week.
« Last Edit: 30 October 2015, 14:09 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #3224 on: 30 October 2015, 14:44 »
I'd quite like a go in the Fiesta I saw today at the garage I took my car for an MOT to. It was an M Sport built 4WD rally car with a Millington N/A engine, producing around 350 horse power. It will be getting used in anger on Anglesey this weekend.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #3225 on: 30 October 2015, 15:42 »
I'm not averse to smaller cars, but I'd have a Polo GTI or even a Fiesta ST over a Mini, S1, or Beetle, any day of the week.

^+1. I know this has moved off topic, but I really like the Polo GTI. Had a very brief drive in one the other day. Not ideal conditions, as it was raining hard, but it was fun. Has got me thinking............

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3226 on: 30 October 2015, 16:50 »

^+1. I know this has moved off topic, but I really like the Polo GTI. Had a very brief drive in one the other day. Not ideal conditions, as it was raining hard, but it was fun. Has got me thinking............

I'm not sure if I'd have one over an S1 as I'm a bit of an S1 fan, but those new Polo GTI's are proper great fun old skool hot hatch style. Big torquey engine in a lightish shell and a proper gearbox too.
A much more practical size than a Golf too with modern space issues with congested roads and even more congested parking - and much closer to the original GTI's in size.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3227 on: 30 October 2015, 18:19 »
I know a bloke who traded his 18 month old S4 for one  :huh: He's only a small fella, so we reckon the S4 was too much car for him to clean. It is often referred to as "Little Tykes, my first S car", or "My little Audi"

He's named it Betty Boost. Betty Booster seat more like.  :grin:

I'd say the Q7 is more of a woman's car, a typical Chelsea tractor for the school run for those with quite a bit of money. A1 is a fair bit less girly than a Fiat 500 or Mini, not as gender neutral as a Clio or Fiesta perhaps. Although not quite up there with higher end Golf 7 levels of refinement, the A1 is more refined than most of its peers, not everyone driving a car of that size wants a bare bones £8k car.

I might be biased now we've got an A1 in the household, but I don't feel especially conscious driving it.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Bungleaio

• Here all the time
« Reply #3228 on: 30 October 2015, 19:02 »
I don't care about what other people perceive, I've had a couple of BMW minis'  and one of them was a convertible. I loved both of them.

Life's too short to worry about what other people think, just buy what makes you happy.
Abarth 595 Turismo + Classic Mini + Triumph Street Triple RS
Did have 3door DBP GTI PP

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #3229 on: 30 October 2015, 19:40 »
We bought a Fiat 500 as a 2nd car a couple of months ago and couldn't care less what anyone else thinks. We didn't buy it for them !!  It fits the bill for what we want and I love nipping about in it much to the embarrassment of my 14 year old daughter when I turn up in it to pick her up  :laugh:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA