Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785052 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3210 on: 26 October 2015, 20:00 »
I did a couple of VCDS tweaks for someone with an Audi S1 so in return he took me out for a drive.
That was like sh!t off a shovel. I was literally pinned to the seat as he accelerated.
Has anyone thats drove an R also drove an S1 and able to compare the 2?

I have driven a used one at Newcastle Audi, but couldn't give it everything from a standstill as the salesoman was in the car with me. I did give it some in-gear acceleration and the lass looked like she was going to throw up so it was a short burst. That S1 is quick, but it feels quicker than it is as it's not as polished as the R and you don't have to push it as hard to get the best out of it - you really have to keep the R above 4k revs for it to show its "Mr Hyde" side. In much the same way as my 170TDI Scirocco felt noticeably quicker than my GTD.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #3211 on: 27 October 2015, 12:10 »
I've got the S1 and it does feel a lot quicker than the GTI I had with the DTUK box. The kerb weight isn't that much less than the GTI , but it's a bit more of a lairy car.
Bit underwhelmed by interior / build quality though, not as good as the GTI

Thanks. I did expect it to be a lot quicker than the GTI. I was just interested in how it performed compared to the R. Thanks for the feedback @MH

Not the best videos but I did find a few comparisons on Youtube
S1 v R
S1 v GTI pp
« Last Edit: 27 October 2015, 12:17 by p3asa »
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline GTI_Ant

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3212 on: 27 October 2015, 21:02 »
The S1 is heavier than the GTI pp.  It weighs 1315Kg unladen without driver & luggage (Audi exclude this).  The GTi pp weighs 1382Kg including an allowance of 75Kg for driver and luggage so 1307Kg without.  Exactly the same bhp (230) so difference is all down to traction off the line.
GTi Clubsport DCC winter pack rear camera
Previous:
7.5R 3dr DSG DPB Prets Dynaudio
MK7 GTI PP Tungsten Silver Manual Nav Dynaudio Winter Pack Park Assist

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3213 on: 29 October 2015, 20:47 »
Yesterday - fitted Bosch Aerotwin 864S wipers to replace the substandard OEM ones. 

Today - ticked over the first 1,000 miles, every one of them (even those sat in static traffic, lol) enjoyable.  Bring on the next thousand!  :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
« Reply #3214 on: 29 October 2015, 21:01 »
Just had the 2500mile service indicator come up on the MFD
2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #3215 on: 30 October 2015, 00:08 »
Yesterday - fitted Bosch Aerotwin 864S wipers to replace the substandard OEM ones. 

Today - ticked over the first 1,000 miles, every one of them (even those sat in static traffic, lol) enjoyable.  Bring on the next thousand!  :laugh:

When you hit 2k it'll be even more exciting  :smiley:, I've noticed the MPG improving in the last week or so, I'm averaging 29 on the current tank (about 2000 miles on it now). It  could be down to the honeymoon period being over too I guess!
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3216 on: 30 October 2015, 08:14 »

When you hit 2k it'll be even more exciting  :smiley:, I've noticed the MPG improving in the last week or so, I'm averaging 29 on the current tank (about 2000 miles on it now). It  could be down to the honeymoon period being over too I guess!

Good to hear Joe.  :smiley: It's starting to loosen up nicely and becoming more agile if you know what I mean.  I just love driving it!

Long term MPG actually dipped a bit from 25 to 24.6 LOL, though I've seen much better average from a tank, but been stuck a lot in city traffic lately.  If it's anything like my old GTI mpg didn't start improving till well over 2K miles as you say. Tbh if I get average 27mpg that's ok and anything better I'll consider a bonus.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #3217 on: 30 October 2015, 08:30 »
I did a couple of VCDS tweaks for someone with an Audi S1 so in return he took me out for a drive.
That was like sh!t off a shovel. I was literally pinned to the seat as he accelerated.

I know a bloke who traded his 18 month old S4 for one  :huh: He's only a small fella, so we reckon the S4 was too much car for him to clean. It is often referred to as "Little Tykes, my first S car", or "My little Audi"

He's named it Betty Boost. Betty Booster seat more like.  :grin:
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3218 on: 30 October 2015, 08:36 »

I know a bloke who traded his 18 month old S4 for one  :huh: He's only a small fella, so we reckon the S4 was too much car for him to clean. It is often referred to as "Little Tykes, my first S car", or "My little Audi"

He's named it Betty Boost. Betty Booster seat more like.  :grin:

:grin:

Rapid or not A1/S1 look ridiculously small.  Stick with a Golf.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Greerso

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3219 on: 30 October 2015, 11:38 »
Replaced the cornering lights with a couple of Osram Cool Blue Hyper+  :cool:

Certainly a lot easier than replacing the bulbs in a Leon #skinnedknuckles