Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785052 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3200 on: 25 October 2015, 21:27 »

Thankyou so much for your very kind comment Booth, if I'm honest I was panicking a little about the colour, been thinking lately I should of ordered Lapiz.
But after seeing it in the flesh today I know I made the right choice, a Tornado Red might be th budget colour but in all honestly it's my favourite.
And to add to that the dealer had a used 3 Door Red with Prets sitting right behind mine, I really need Prets, just can't find any :huh:

Cossieian, why do you want the Prets so badly?  Don't get me wrong, I think they are a stunning wheel for the R (I have them myself), but what was the reason you didn't originally spec them - keep costs down, keep the wait time down?

I'll admit I'm really not keen on Cadiz per se, but if there's one colour R they do suit very well, it's Tornado Red.  Why not wait to get the car and see how you feel after a few weeks with them on?
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
« Reply #3201 on: 25 October 2015, 21:33 »

Thankyou so much for your very kind comment Booth, if I'm honest I was panicking a little about the colour, been thinking lately I should of ordered Lapiz.
But after seeing it in the flesh today I know I made the right choice, a Tornado Red might be th budget colour but in all honestly it's my favourite.
And to add to that the dealer had a used 3 Door Red with Prets sitting right behind mine, I really need Prets, just can't find any :huh:

Cossieian, why do you want the Prets so badly?  Don't get me wrong, I think they are a stunning wheel for the R (I have them myself), but what was the reason you didn't originally spec them - keep costs down, keep the wait time down?

I'll admit I'm really not keen on Cadiz per se, but if there's one colour R they do suit very well, it's Tornado Red.  Why not wait to get the car and see how you feel after a few weeks with them on?

Booth I actually really like the Cadiz, but my wife seen the prets on a car a few weeks back and she loves them.
Tbh I didn't even like the prets when I was ordering lol, but now my wife talks about them so much she's talked me round :laugh:
Anyway if I find a set I'll buy them and probably shove them in the garage and never put them on, this is what I always seem to do :wink:
Current: MK7 Golf R (Limestone Grey) DSG, 19 Prets, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, High Beam Assist, Apple Connect, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf R (Tornado Red) DSG, Winter Pack, Keyless, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf GTD (Pure White)

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #3202 on: 25 October 2015, 21:44 »
I used to travel up and down the A9( in my RAF days).Drumochter Pass still haunts me. :shocked:

A favourite fun route for those coming from the south is to head north from Perth to the A93 Bridge of Cally, then through Glenshee, Braemar, quick wave at the Queen at Balmoral, rapidly driving east through Royal Deeside, then taking a diversion on the B974 over the old military road all the way down to the east coast

Rather than take the dull old main road, you can have 80 odd miles of stunning views, immense changes in elevations and the roller coaster ride that is the old military road is a real test of a cars ability :D

Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3203 on: 25 October 2015, 21:45 »

Booth I actually really like the Cadiz, but my wife seen the prets on a car a few weeks back and she loves them.
Tbh I didn't even like the prets when I was ordering lol, but now my wife talks about them so much she's talked me round :laugh:
Anyway if I find a set I'll buy them and probably shove them in the garage and never put them on, this is what I always seem to do :wink:

:grin:

Tbh, I didn't like the Prets that much when I first saw them, but I liked the Cadiz even less (sorry), so that was the decider.  Now I've got them, I just love them, so your wife has very good taste, lol.  I'm not helping am I, haha! 

If I come across a genuine used set, I'll let you know, so you can stow them away in the garage. :wink:  I'd be very wary of replicas, you can't be too sure of the quality.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3204 on: 25 October 2015, 21:56 »
Today I drove the car around the back of the house (the house has 2 "fronts", one is in the street behind ours  yes, a bit weird) to wash the car. Then I was reminded of a few DIY jobs that needed doing before we get some new blinds next week, so the wash was out the window.

I did manage to give it a bit of a vigorous workout this evening though.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #3205 on: 25 October 2015, 23:05 »
I did a couple of VCDS tweaks for someone with an Audi S1 so in return he took me out for a drive.
That was like sh!t off a shovel. I was literally pinned to the seat as he accelerated.
Has anyone thats drove an R also drove an S1 and able to compare the 2?

HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
« Reply #3206 on: 25 October 2015, 23:13 »
I haven't driven one, but have had a play with one in my R. The R (mine has a DTUK box) is a reasonable chunk quicker , but given the power difference it was a lot quicker than I thought it was going to be.
2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #3207 on: 25 October 2015, 23:30 »
Maybe its the weight to BHP ratio but I was impressed. This thing could shift.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
« Reply #3208 on: 26 October 2015, 19:21 »
I used to travel up and down the A9( in my RAF days).Drumochter Pass still haunts me. :shocked:

A favourite fun route for those coming from the south is to head north from Perth to the A93 Bridge of Cally, then through Glenshee, Braemar, quick wave at the Queen at Balmoral, rapidly driving east through Royal Deeside, then taking a diversion on the B974 over the old military road all the way down to the east coast

Rather than take the dull old main road, you can have 80 odd miles of stunning views, immense changes in elevations and the roller coaster ride that is the old military road is a real test of a cars ability :D

Wouldn't fancy it in the Wintertime though. :shocked: Looks fun though.
Current: Golf GTD MK7  3 door manual carbon grey.

Offline RobS23GTI

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3209 on: 26 October 2015, 19:56 »
I've got the S1 and it does feel a lot quicker than the GTI I had with the DTUK box. The kerb weight isn't that much less than the GTI , but it's a bit more of a lairy car.
Bit underwhelmed by interior / build quality though, not as good as the GTI
Current - Mk7 Golf GTI w/performance pack
Previous - VW Golf Mk6 GTD, Ford Fiesta ST, BMW M135i, VW Golf MK5 GTI