Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785028 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3080 on: 01 October 2015, 05:02 »
Congratulations at last Madamoiselle B! :pop: finally the bubbly can be officially opened!!
The car looks  :cool:  :cool: (as expected) and finally you can see what all the plaudits the R has had lavished upon it are really like. Such a polished performer.

If you'd had got a proper gearbox you'd not be risking life and limb prodding at the various settings as your left hand would be too busy!  :whistle:

I'd love to see a pic or two of the Amarok and the Golf side by side. Or maybe the Golf would fit underneath the big brute?!!
Have you managed to get your detailing gear on the pickup yet? It'd probably take about a week solid to clean all that metal!
I'm very much looking forward (along with everyone else) to seeing the R once you've got your woolly mitts and chemicals on it.

Congrats to MXResonance too. The GTI looks even better than your last pics, and those tints really finish it off. This will be an interesting project to see where you go with the mods.

Thankfully you've both had a nice sunny week to pick the cars up too.  :smiley:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3081 on: 01 October 2015, 07:42 »
Congratulations at last Madamoiselle B! :pop: finally the bubbly can be officially opened!!
The car looks  :cool:  :cool: (as expected) and finally you can see what all the plaudits the R has had lavished upon it are really like. Such a polished performer.

If you'd had got a proper gearbox you'd not be risking life and limb prodding at the various settings as your left hand would be too busy!  :whistle:

I'd love to see a pic or two of the Amarok and the Golf side by side. Or maybe the Golf would fit underneath the big brute?!!
Have you managed to get your detailing gear on the pickup yet? It'd probably take about a week solid to clean all that metal!
I'm very much looking forward (along with everyone else) to seeing the R once you've got your woolly mitts and chemicals on it.

Congrats to MXResonance too. The GTI looks even better than your last pics, and those tints really finish it off. This will be an interesting project to see where you go with the mods.

Thankfully you've both had a nice sunny week to pick the cars up too.  :smiley:

Thank you Mr Ex.  :smiley:

In the short time I have driven it, I do now see what all the fuss was about.  I was expecting it to be an anti-climax after waiting most of the year, but I'm delighted to say, it isn't!  Can't quite believe just how different it is to the Mk6.  I will post up my thoughts as I get to know it better.  Today I'll really be putting it through it's paces with the 'SCHOOL RUN', haha!  Watch out mums and dads!!

And me thinks the man protesteth too much about DSG, and secretly covets it. :whistle: :tongue: :kiss:

I will try to get a pic of it with the Amarok.  You asked if I'd have a chance to detail the Brute yet.  The answer is in one or two of my R pics. It's that filthy minging object in the background.  :embarrassed:  No, I think that will be handed to some Eastern Europeans to work their gritty magic on. :laugh:  I only have time enough to lavish on one object of desire!

MX's new GTI looks superb doesn't it  :cool:  And somehow I think it's really lovely that we have a Pure White 7GTI and a Deep Black 7R arrived together on the forum on the same day.  A Golf family outing!  Or maybe that's just me being sentimental.  :whistle:  :grin:

Is it too early for Champagne this morning?  Course not.  Pass the scrambled eggs. :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #3082 on: 01 October 2015, 08:09 »
Lovely looking car Rebecca. Well worth the long, tortuous wait.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3083 on: 01 October 2015, 09:07 »
Lovely looking car Rebecca. Well worth the long, tortuous wait.

Thanks Simon.  It is definitely worth the wait.  Driving it is addictive!  Can see my annual mileage creeping up just a tad.  :whistle:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #3084 on: 01 October 2015, 11:54 »
Congrats Booth!  Car looks stunning, those prets certainly go well with DBP!  Lovely motor!!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3085 on: 01 October 2015, 13:30 »
Congrats Booth!  Car looks stunning, those prets certainly go well with DBP!  Lovely motor!!

Thanks Matchboy. :smiley:

Today I am finding I need to make many completely (un)necessary work site visits, just to get into the R.  :whistle: :evil:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #3086 on: 01 October 2015, 13:50 »

Today I am finding I need to make many completely (un)necessary work site visits, just to get into the R.  :whistle: :evil:

Ha ha!  I predict a weekend of being on the road for you!  Get those 1,000 miles under your belt asap and start nailing it and enjoy!  :evil:
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3087 on: 01 October 2015, 14:09 »

Ha ha!  I predict a weekend of being on the road for you!  Get those 1,000 miles under your belt asap and start nailing it and enjoy!  :evil:

I will be on the road this weekend but only because I organised a birthday treat overnight trip to Legoland in Windsor for my daughter.  Sod's Law it clashes with my first weekend with the R.  :angry:  So I'll be on the M25 and boring motorway on Sat then again on Sun!  Not how I would've planned it but needs must.  Detailing will have to wait too!

Still, there's always tommorow.  :laugh:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #3088 on: 01 October 2015, 14:38 »

I will be on the road this weekend but only because I organised a birthday treat overnight trip to Legoland in Windsor for my daughter.  Sod's Law it clashes with my first weekend with the R.  :angry:  So I'll be on the M25 and boring motorway on Sat then again on Sun!  Not how I would've planned it but needs must.  Detailing will have to wait too!

Ah, the M25 - the killer of driving fun, especially with those fixed speed cameras  :angry:  Make sure you take up a couple of spots in the car park  :laugh: - all those kids next to your brand new R - you're a braver person than me taking it there  :grin:
Audi RS5 2018

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3089 on: 01 October 2015, 16:29 »

Ah, the M25 - the killer of driving fun, especially with those fixed speed cameras  :angry:  Make sure you take up a couple of spots in the car park  :laugh: - all those kids next to your brand new R - you're a braver person than me taking it there  :grin:

The very thought makes me shudder!  :cry:  All those snotty nose brats leaning up against my car (and I include my own child in that, lol).   I will arrive at the Lego hotel (if only it really was made entirely from Lego I might be interested) very early and find some forsaken corner of the car park and hide my R there.  There are certain criteria though that must be met.  Must be an end space, devoid of tree coverage etc.....  :laugh:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual