Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785057 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3000 on: 26 September 2015, 17:32 »
Good luck with the A1 pick up. Mind every new Audi should come with half a tank of fuel as per the brochure details.
All the best in your new job / quest / venture  :smiley:

p3asa: Almost 2/3 of a tank and a big bunch of flowers for the missus. Brought it home, gave it a proper G-Techniq W1 wash and then a coat of C2V3 all round - feels Teflon coated now.

So It's a Floret Silver metallic 1.6TDI Sport with Comfort pack (high beam assist, auto wipers/lights, cruise, autodimming rear view mirror, rear parking sensors) + front parking sensors + Hill Hold.

Only tiny gripe is that they left some clear plastic film panels on the car, in front of where the rear wheel arch flares out - the edge of that film will be a grit trap and it'll yellow over time - I need to get them to remove it next week from both sides.

Have a few pics with the Missus behind the wheel with a big grin on her face. That grin will soon be wiped off as I just drove her into Newcastle and dropped her off at the match (not expecting much from a game against Chelsea).

The 16 mile round trip was a little slow and congested and the car managed 56mpg on its first proper journey. First impressions are it is the most comfortable car of its size I have driven. The manual 5 speed box is very smooth, the tyre roar and wind noise is a lot higher than that of my R, but that's not unexpected on a car of this size.

Was surprised to see a lack of spare tyre - a bottle of gunk, a compressor and the battery where I was expecting the spare wheel to be. Need to ensure I always yank the handbrake on when I park up. The radio presets were a little fiddly to set up, but the MMI is easier to navigate once they're in there than VW's touch screen.

A nice touch was plastic covers to the cut out parts of the carpet floor near the seat runners - as someone who has their seat back one notch from the furthest point back, I always find the visible cut-outs on the VW to look a little cheap.

Pics:-

« Last Edit: 26 September 2015, 17:51 by monkeyhanger »
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Pinky1959

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3001 on: 26 September 2015, 18:25 »
That's two very nice cars you have there! !  .
When is the new R BEAST arriving ?

Offline Pinky1959

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3002 on: 26 September 2015, 18:31 »
That's two very nice cars you have there! !  .
When is the new R BEAST arriving ?

Sorry Booth I didn't realise this was on another thread.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3003 on: 26 September 2015, 22:27 »
Funky little A1 there MH (or should I say Mrs MH?), fingers crossed it doesn't have annoying electrical issues like your other steed. Congrats anyway and I love the front plate!  :grin:

Fingers crossed the new new job comes off ok, you really really didn't like the one you've just quit did you?!!
Bon chance.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #3004 on: 26 September 2015, 23:05 »
Monkeyhanger - looks like a very happy missus you have there! Nice car too, looks great in silver, can't recall seeing any A1s in silver before.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3005 on: 26 September 2015, 23:11 »
Monkeyhanger - looks like a very happy missus you have there! Nice car too, looks great in silver, can't recall seeing any A1s in silver before.

Nope, they all seem to be in the free colours - solid black or white, around these parts at least.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3006 on: 26 September 2015, 23:19 »
Funky little A1 there MH (or should I say Mrs MH?), fingers crossed it doesn't have annoying electrical issues like your other steed. Congrats anyway and I love the front plate!  :grin:

Fingers crossed the new new job comes off ok, you really really didn't like the one you've just quit did you?!!
Bon chance.

The new job is back in my field of expertise - Pharmaceutical QA. The old job I hated from day 1, but was told it would get better as they were going through the summer holiday period where all the regular workforce were forced to take holiday and work was covered by the absolute bottom of the barrel of agency temps. Being Quality Manager at a place where no-one cares about Quality (they make plastic food trays - the ones you typically see housing ready meals and ready made mash etc) was a frustrating task, and the place was woefully understaffed. I resigned on Monday morning to concentrate on looking for a job and an hour later, the Danes were over (it is a Danish company, owned by a Swedish venture capital company) with their new CEO to sack my boss (the plant manager) due to pure coincidence. They asked me if I wanted to rescind my resignation and stay in light of her dismissal and I declined. An interview i'd had last Friday came through and paid off - I start a week on Monday. Next week i'll be ripping the stairs carpet out, glossing up the woodwork and getting a new carpet fitted - Fun! :sick:

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3007 on: 26 September 2015, 23:33 »
Onwards and upwards MH, and a productive week ahead!
I'm sure you'll have a few ales to get over your hard labour!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #3008 on: 27 September 2015, 00:41 »
Congratulations on the new car MH.
The plastic you are talking about, are you sure that's not the stone guard?
A lot of 3 door cars have these as standard.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6852396-Protective-film-on-rear-doors-and-around-wheel-well-Remove-it

Its not on my wife's 5 door A1 but on my daughters friends 3 door A1.
My boy has it on his 5 door Suzuki Swift and to be honest it doesn't collect that much grit or indeed has yellowed over the last 8 years.
« Last Edit: 27 September 2015, 00:46 by p3asa »
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3009 on: 27 September 2015, 08:59 »
Congratulations on the new car MH.
The plastic you are talking about, are you sure that's not the stone guard?
A lot of 3 door cars have these as standard.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6852396-Protective-film-on-rear-doors-and-around-wheel-well-Remove-it

Its not on my wife's 5 door A1 but on my daughters friends 3 door A1.
My boy has it on his 5 door Suzuki Swift and to be honest it doesn't collect that much grit or indeed has yellowed over the last 8 years.

p3asa: That's the stuff. It's noticeable up close and I can't imagine it looking pristine over time. I'd rather take it off and protect those edges with the fitment of mudguards.