Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785025 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2990 on: 22 September 2015, 14:51 »
.....Hoped that it's on a boat or has even made it to the UK. 

In the meantime, I have a new boyfriend!  :laugh:

In the absence of a Golf to drive, being very cheeky, here's some pics of a limited edition Amarok Dark Label, we took delivery of on Friday.  Alcantara interior and DSG.  It's unbelievably quiet and refined inside (for a pick-up).  Any nicely familiar.  Thought I would hate it, but it's an awesome brute!   I love it!  Might also have to give it a bit of a detail  :whistle: :grin:

Wow!

And wow! fancy that, it's black! Wonder who had the influence there then?  :laugh:

Detailing that would take weeks on end! Some people have far too much time on their hands! :afro:

Still, nice machine and your front garden will look like the Mafia have moved in once your Rrrrrrr lands.  :laugh:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2991 on: 22 September 2015, 15:38 »
Wow!

And wow! fancy that, it's black! Wonder who had the influence there then?  :laugh:

Detailing that would take weeks on end! Some people have far too much time on their hands! :afro:

Still, nice machine and your front garden will look like the Mafia have moved in once your Rrrrrrr lands.  :laugh:

I detect more than a hint of facetiousness in your post Mr Ex??  :tongue:

I had nothing to do with the colour choice FYI.  He had decided on a pick-up as a replacement for an outgoing Vauxhall van, and had tested a Mitshubishi Warrior which is one of his business fleet vehicles, but wasn't keen on it.  I suggested he look at VW.  He did and was very taken with the Amarok, to the point where he'd test driven a used one and bought it before he told me.  The DBP Limited Edition model was the only one they had at the van centre, so, not being the type to procrastinate and having minimal interest in vehicles, that's the one he got!  I was  surprised he went for black as all his other vans have been white or silver.  More worryingly and out of character is his recent hint that I might like to wash/wax it. This, from a man whose idea of washing a car is pointing a hose at it and scrubbing it with a dirty broom.  And I have stood and watched this sorry spectacle in muted horror!

I would never force my car preferences on anyone.  Borne out by the fact he's been driving Vauxhalls for last 20-odd years.  Likewise, I would not expect him to press his car choices on me, except from one of the first cars I had - a used Corsa, bought on his recommendation, but that was swiftly replaced by my subsequent choice of a Pug GTI, and then my foray into Golfland....

Does that answer your question.  :kiss:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2992 on: 22 September 2015, 16:06 »
Got the registration number for it.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2993 on: 22 September 2015, 16:19 »
Well that's me told!  :grin:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2994 on: 22 September 2015, 16:27 »
Well that's me told!  :grin:

Yes!   :tongue: :kiss: :laugh: :grin:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #2995 on: 22 September 2015, 18:49 »
Got a new start/stop button under warranty.

I'd cleaned the interior and (for the first time) rubbed a different direction over the button and the inner sections of the N just came off.

Looks like there is a new design for the button now as the sections that came off have small links to the side of the letters now.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #2996 on: 22 September 2015, 18:58 »
Got a new start/stop button under warranty.

I'd cleaned the interior and (for the first time) rubbed a different direction over the button and the inner sections of the N just came off.

Looks like there is a new design for the button now as the sections that came off have small links to the side of the letters now.

Yeah I had the one in my GTI replaced within a year. The design on the replacement was the same but I believe they did eventually redesign it as you describe. The one in my R is the new style.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2997 on: 23 September 2015, 22:55 »
Had another EPC light. I think I have found a common theme. Hammer the car (warm), then start a calm return journey and the EPC light comes on.

I came home from work today, and my parents are over for a visit (they now live 350 miles away). It's the first time my dad has seen my R. So I show it off a bit and give it a bit of welly. We get to Silverlink for a bit of shopping and the drive home is more sedate. The EPC light comes on.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2998 on: 26 September 2015, 09:30 »
Got my car booked into Pulman Sunderland for Tuesday (EPC stuff) and I have a week off next week as I quit my job before getting the nod for a new job (a little brave/daft).

Picking up the wife's new Audi A1 1.6TDI Sport today. I did press the salesman yesterday about emissions concerns, asked if they could throw in a free gas mask as Audi seem to be doing nothing to placate nervy would-be customers.  :grin:

Looks like the salesman has clawed some of his discount back by manipulating the GFV downwards and the APR upwards (will they get a bigger cut from the finance company?). Typical APR is 6.5% on the website and the GFV on the model we're getting before any positive impact of out £1300 options is £9595. My quote (with an impeccable credit history and prior VW Audi finance history) is 7.6%, and personal GFV is £9060. Seems more than a bit sneaky to me. I haven't officially left my old job yet, taking accrued holidays in lieu of notice, so APR isn't affected by my quitting.

Not a bother, i'll be settling up on Monday within the 14 day cooling off period, so only £1.73 per day interest incurred.

So the R is probably going to get a month's break as I run in the A1 prior to the missus taking her test at the end of October.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #2999 on: 26 September 2015, 13:09 »
Good luck with the A1 pick up. Mind every new Audi should come with half a tank of fuel as per the brochure details.
All the best in your new job / quest / venture  :smiley:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14