Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785059 times)

Offline JDJ23

• Just got here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2910 on: 10 September 2015, 02:52 »
Took this photo a couple days ago after the car got the springs installed  :cool: It also has wheel spacers on all four corners, APR Stage I and a couple of accessories (monster mats, GTI key fob,  911 oil cap, LED license plate light). I guess this is in fact a good way to introduce myself  :grin: :grin:

Got the car nine months ago, it has 7400km (around 4500mi). The turbo is from the third revision, hasn't been replaced yet (hopefully never). Measured 272whp and 393wtq on a dyno run, just with the stage I and 87AKI fuel - 91RON.

Greetings from Colombia,
Juan
VW GTI MkVII 2015 - VW Tiguan 2.0T 6MT 2013

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2911 on: 10 September 2015, 08:44 »
Welcome Juan! That's a very nicely modified car there. Tasteful and discreet.
More pictures wouldn't go amiss  :cool:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #2912 on: 10 September 2015, 10:30 »
Dusted it off after not driving it to take it to the Porsche Experience at Silverstone tonight, I think this will do nothing for my Cayman itch

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #2913 on: 10 September 2015, 11:13 »
Took this photo a couple days ago after the car got the springs installed  :cool: It also has wheel spacers on all four corners, APR Stage I and a couple of accessories (monster mats, GTI key fob,  911 oil cap, LED license plate light). I guess this is in fact a good way to introduce myself  :grin: :grin:

Got the car nine months ago, it has 7400km (around 4500mi). The turbo is from the third revision, hasn't been replaced yet (hopefully never). Measured 272whp and 393wtq on a dyno run, just with the stage I and 87AKI fuel - 91RON.

Greetings from Colombia,
Juan

That's absolutely gorgeous! What colour is that?
MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2914 on: 10 September 2015, 12:55 »

Greetings from Colombia,
Juan

Juan, your car looks utterly stunning. :cool: Some very nice mods too. Look forward to seeing much more of this car. 

And great to have someone from further afield!  Welcome to the forum.  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2915 on: 10 September 2015, 19:47 »
Normal drive to work, normal drive home most of the way - apart from seeing off an S1 that tried to undertake me halfway home. Get to the Tyne tunnel and through it, get my usual ACC sensor limited view warning (parts are ready for replacement, I have had a message today from Pulman).

Pay through the toll and the ACC message goes away for all of a few seconds. At that point i'm driving quite sedately up a sliproad to Howdon's Aldi and the ACC warning comes on, along with the EPC light.

With the EPC light going on, the car was running smoothly but at seemingly half the output and very linear delivery, like a naturally aspirated engine in the lower rev range. Get to Aldi and park up. I'm sitting there for a few seconds at idle and I get a prominent message to tell me that stop-start has failed. I switch the car off and buy a few bits and upon starting the car again all the warnings are gone. The car drives home the 3 miles remaining, with normal response.

Anyone else had the EPC fault lately? I saw a thread that was over a year old.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #2916 on: 10 September 2015, 19:53 »
I had the epc fault and limp mode when shark were developing the map on my guinea pig ass however that was to do with turbo spool or something, surely they can't be related, are you standard still MH?
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline kenny.c

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2917 on: 10 September 2015, 19:58 »
Your not running a DTUK box are you monkeyhanger...?? I get this when it is turned up to much - usually a "boost sensor implausible signal" fault. Very random though....it will run fine for weeks....then blam...EPC light.

Ken
GTI - PP

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2918 on: 10 September 2015, 21:00 »
Your not running a DTUK box are you monkeyhanger...?? I get this when it is turned up to much - usually a "boost sensor implausible signal" fault. Very random though....it will run fine for weeks....then blam...EPC light.

Ken

Kennyc: Nope, although it transformed my GTD, I have resisted DTUKing my R as I want the missus to be able to drive it when she passes her test (the premiums for an unmodified R are surprisingly reasonable for a new driver of 38 years of age) so we can divvy the miles between 2 cars and keep down my higher than average mileage. Id caned the car for 5 miles 10 miles into my 20 mile journey, but had been taking it easy for 5 miles before the EPC light came on. The car drove like an unturboed 2.0FSI (125-150ps) while the EPC light was on.

My mpg for the total journey was looking quite reasonable despite the early caning.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #2919 on: 10 September 2015, 21:22 »
Did it rev past 2k?
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG