Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785009 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2890 on: 03 September 2015, 18:07 »
Joe where did you get the led lights and cabling from if you don't mind me asking?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #2891 on: 03 September 2015, 18:17 »
Joe where did you get the led lights and cabling from if you don't mind me asking?

The LED light units are VW OEM units. The ones in the doors are fitted to the current Passat. So got those in the dealers. Fellow member on here (Kevinm) made up the required wiring looms. He'd done this in his own GTI before. I think SootChucker on here has done it too, following Kevin's instructions!
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #2892 on: 03 September 2015, 20:02 »
Couple of pics of the door card light and rear footwell light.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2893 on: 03 September 2015, 20:18 »
Like the look of both those mods Joe, especially the rear footwell LED's.  Very nice mods. :cool:  VCDS tweaks sound good. Still debating whether to finally bite the bullet and buy VCDS myself  :whistle:

Yes, coming from a white car, stone chips are going to seem very noticeable and they appear in some odd places sometimes.  Like you I've limited success doing them myself, so now I just tend to leave them.  Sometimes running a polisher over them smooths of the edges and minimises them a little.

Glad you're enjoying the car.  I'm looking forward now to getting mine now.  It should be an even bigger step up from a Mk6 GTI.  But got to suffer an Audi A3 hire car (coming tommorow) between now and then.  :sad:  Still the R will feel all the better after driving that.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline MXResonance

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2894 on: 03 September 2015, 20:25 »

The LED light units are VW OEM units. The ones in the doors are fitted to the current Passat. So got those in the dealers. Fellow member on here (Kevinm) made up the required wiring looms. He'd done this in his own GTI before. I think SootChucker on here has done it too, following Kevin's instructions!

Is there any chance you can do a how to guide for the forum?

Thanks

Golf Mk7 GTI - DSG, Performance Pack, 5 Door, Pure White, 18" Austin, Discover Navigation, Keyless Entry, Factory Window Tints, Winter Pack - Collected 30/09/2015

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #2895 on: 03 September 2015, 20:36 »

Is there any chance you can do a how to guide for the forum?

Thanks

I'm nowhere near qualified to do a how-to but here's Kevin's thread where he has a good write up on it: http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=269686.30

Offline Bungleaio

• Here all the time
« Reply #2896 on: 03 September 2015, 21:49 »
Forgive me as I haven't got my car yet but by looking at this it appears that the ti/gtd/r doesn't have have puddle lights as standard?
Abarth 595 Turismo + Classic Mini + Triumph Street Triple RS
Did have 3door DBP GTI PP

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #2897 on: 03 September 2015, 22:06 »
Forgive me as I haven't got my car yet but by looking at this it appears that the ti/gtd/r doesn't have have puddle lights as standard?

On the door cards, no. No Golf has them. Cheap reflectors only. There are puddle lights in the door mirrors but these ones I've fitted are far more effective IMO.

Offline Bungleaio

• Here all the time
« Reply #2898 on: 03 September 2015, 22:37 »
Cheers mate, I see a mod coming up....There's my plans of keeping it standard out the window.
Abarth 595 Turismo + Classic Mini + Triumph Street Triple RS
Did have 3door DBP GTI PP

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2899 on: 05 September 2015, 14:55 »
Cleared a space for it on the driveway.....

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=275452.new#new
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11