Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785009 times)

Offline KyleB

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2860 on: 28 August 2015, 00:04 »
I hope they've washed it better than Lookers had when I collected my new car it was swirl central!

Offline valvebounce

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2861 on: 29 August 2015, 09:32 »
Fitted a DTUK tuning box, first mod I've done to a gti in 9 years of mk5/mk7 ownership! Never imagined I would do so but just too tempting after reading the experiences on the forum. Will endeavour to post some feedback.

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
« Reply #2862 on: 29 August 2015, 16:21 »

I did this 😀
2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.

Offline Optimus prime

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2863 on: 29 August 2015, 17:21 »
All wheels off, hubs cleaned and painted black as 2 were showing heavy signs of surface rust.  Everything cleaned and facing hubs coated with a thin layer of copper grease to aid wheel removal in the future for fitting winters.  2 wheels no problem to remove other 2 stuck fast and needed gentle persuasion  :whistle:  Amazed that the wheels nuts were all at the correct torque at the beginning very rare with these dam air wheel guns around :angry:

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #2864 on: 29 August 2015, 17:21 »
After several downpour weekends and 2000 odd miles without a proper wash, the weather held for long enough to give the car a deep clean inside & out, five paint-chips filled and some wax

Just under 10k miles since February :)

« Last Edit: 29 August 2015, 17:33 by phope »
Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2865 on: 29 August 2015, 21:23 »
Having only been able to read this thread for some time (lots of great tips mind) I can finally take a more active interest! Collected my GTI today and went for a nice day out! So far driven it as only a granny would but did manage an average of 36.7 mpg! Love it so far but as someone who is not into all the computerised bits and bobs, I'm struggling a bit with all the gadgets. Will consider a few accessories to begin with, mud flaps and wind deflectors. Has anyone fitted the wind deflectors? Do they reduce buffeting?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline TwoSheds

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2866 on: 30 August 2015, 09:02 »
I have to ask this even though no experience of wind deflectors .

With Climatronic air conditioning, cabin air filters etc and driving in London why would you want your windows down ?

Is just a 'fresh' air thing ( sorry about that ) ?

By the way I've found even after a couple of years I'm still discovering clever little design features of the technology on the Mk7.

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
« Reply #2867 on: 30 August 2015, 10:45 »
Current: MK7 Golf R (Limestone Grey) DSG, 19 Prets, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, High Beam Assist, Apple Connect, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf R (Tornado Red) DSG, Winter Pack, Keyless, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf GTD (Pure White)

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
« Reply #2868 on: 30 August 2015, 10:46 »
After several downpour weekends and 2000 odd miles without a proper wash, the weather held for long enough to give the car a deep clean inside & out, five paint-chips filled and some wax

Just under 10k miles since February :)

Hard to beat Tornado Red, superb :cool:

Usually when I wash my car it rains again within an hour :angry:
Current: MK7 Golf R (Limestone Grey) DSG, 19 Prets, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, High Beam Assist, Apple Connect, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf R (Tornado Red) DSG, Winter Pack, Keyless, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf GTD (Pure White)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2869 on: 30 August 2015, 10:53 »
Morning Two Sheds... The climatronic is great, had similar on my old car too. Great most of the time but sometimes it's just better getting the windows down and having your lungs filled with some lovely aviation fuel! Seriously though, I'm right on the outskirts and we go out 'Trusting' (visiting NT properties) regularly and love some fresh air but I find you get more buffeting in the Golf (because it's a 3 door perhaps?) than I did with all four windows open on my old car.

Today I will be filling my car with all the old c**p I took out of my old one. And taking it for another run in the country. Probably Chartwell today.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.