Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785022 times)

Offline NeilH

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2800 on: 16 August 2015, 17:11 »
Hi,

I played with VCDS today, managed to get the traffic sign recognition working on my MIBII Discover Nav so I'm happy with that. Changed a lot of the other well know stuff regarding lighting, wiping, indicating on so on. Weather was decent so the missus and I  went for a drive over the West Pennine moors so all in all a good day.

Got a few bits a and bobs left to do.

I'm amazed at just how much there is the the car that you could play with using VCDS - I never realised finding the entires would be quite so difficult. It just makes me want to play with everything but I'd imagine you could really cock things up so I'd better behave...

Big thanks to all the folk out there that have worked on the coding and shared it!

Neil.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2801 on: 16 August 2015, 17:14 »
What did you do to enable traffic sign recognition and do you have lane assist camera?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline NeilH

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2802 on: 16 August 2015, 18:42 »
Hi,

I do have the lane assist camera, that appears to essential for the traffic sign recognition. Then I just enabled as listed by ollybroad on BRISKODA.net.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/299493-how-to-enable-traffic-sign-recognition/

Option now appears in the config menu and it recognises the 20MPH signs locally that aren't in the nav data.

Cheers, Neil.

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #2803 on: 17 August 2015, 09:27 »
Nice review and thanks for posting up the photos.
The Civic is the complete antidote for those that would never choose an "overpriced and boring" VW group hot hatch. Or even an M135i for that matter as they're about as subtle as it gets too.
As MH says, the Japs seem to do either bland pensioner-mobiles or batsh!t mad and nothing in between.
This will be perfect for those lamenting the RS's, Evos and Scoobys of old.

From your review it obviously drives a lot more refined than it looks which I guess is the only way you can get all that power down without it getting messy.
As per Lee P's comments about getting the power down in the stage 1 GTI, if they gave it a characteristic slug of boost at xxx rpm's then no matter what diff was in it, the torque would just give the drivetrain and suspension an impossible task in a user friendly standard road car.
I'm sure the tuners will have fun with the new CTR.

Id be interested to see how tunable it is tbh, is it like VAG where there is a lot to be gained from the standard hardware or will it be like ford and vauxhall where stage 1 only ever adds about 30 bhp max...
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline RobS23GTI

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2804 on: 17 August 2015, 18:03 »
Having a real wobble and am contemplating an Audi S1 - there are a few out there in Vegas yellow which I particularly like.
Anyone got any thoughts on the car or test drive experience?
Current - Mk7 Golf GTI w/performance pack
Previous - VW Golf Mk6 GTD, Ford Fiesta ST, BMW M135i, VW Golf MK5 GTI

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #2805 on: 17 August 2015, 20:14 »
Having a real wobble and am contemplating an Audi S1 - there are a few out there in Vegas yellow which I particularly like.

Girls car  :grin: :grin:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2806 on: 17 August 2015, 21:08 »

By the time you spec an S1 up to a decent level (even the flat bottomed steering wheel is extra) you might've well have bought an S3.

The A1/Polo/Ibiza chassis isn't as competent as the MQB based A3/Golf/Leon's. Unless you're desperate for a tiny car it wouldn't be high on my list.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #2807 on: 17 August 2015, 21:22 »
Didn't know the s1 wasn't mqb. I liked it up until then. The new polo is tho isn't it?

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #2808 on: 17 August 2015, 21:27 »
Was a first for me today, i came home from walking the dog to find my car with blood on it, so i gave it a good wash and all ... there was blood spots from bonet over the screen and roof, must of been a sick bird flying over
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #2809 on: 17 August 2015, 21:34 »
Was a first for me today, i came home from walking the dog to find my car with blood on it, so i gave it a good wash and all ... there was blood spots from bonet over the screen and roof, must of been a sick bird flying over

He says putting the shovel back in the garage and burning his clothes on the bbq... :whistle: