Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785061 times)

Offline kenny.c

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2790 on: 15 August 2015, 14:28 »
I totally agree on your overview......I had a drive in one a couple of days ago. I was suprised that the engine was so liner in its power delivery, I was expecting something abit more manic.

I didnt think the Civic was that great out of the corners compaired to the PP GTI.

Cannot say it would tempt me out of my GTI with the DTUK tuning box and pedal box fitted.

Ken
GTI - PP

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2791 on: 15 August 2015, 14:47 »
That really is one dreadful looking car. It's like they had loads of ideas for customising a standard car but then couldn't decide which ones to use so just went with them all! Not my cup of tea but I'm sure there'll be enough takers to make it worthwhile. The Golf may be a bit reserved but in my eyes is a better looking car by miles.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Moro

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2792 on: 15 August 2015, 15:11 »
Whilst I am sure it is a very competent car and has some appeal, I am in my late 50's and would look plainly ridiculous driving around in a Civic Type R...not to mention what all my friends would say about it  :laugh:
GTi Reflex Silver 5 door DSG: Sat Nav Pro; Dynaudio; Panoramic Roof; ACC; Keyless; Winter Pack; Reversing Camera

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #2793 on: 15 August 2015, 20:24 »
Wow....subtle it ain't!
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
« Reply #2794 on: 16 August 2015, 08:27 »
Random question, does it come in any other colour? If so are the seats still red?
2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #2795 on: 16 August 2015, 08:46 »
Whilst I am sure it is a very competent car and has some appeal, I am in my late 50's and would look plainly ridiculous driving around in a Civic Type R...not to mention what all my friends would say about it  :laugh:

Why does your car look like a monster truck at the back Moro?
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #2796 on: 16 August 2015, 09:05 »
Random question, does it come in any other colour? If so are the seats still red?

Yeah, a nice grey, black, and blue. Then there is a cream white which I wouldn't look at twice. But the seats stay red, in fact if you go on the configurator the only real options are sticking more red bits on it!
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
« Reply #2797 on: 16 August 2015, 09:13 »
I don't really like red....lol

I'm torn with new civic, I'm a fan of Honda as a company and they do fast car very well. My main issue is the amount of power through the front wheels. I had 307bhp in my PP GTI and that drove me crazy in the wet, trying to use first and second in any measure of fun.

Would be interesting to drive one in the winter. I do love the AWD on the R
2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #2798 on: 16 August 2015, 09:50 »
Well like I said I couldn't get it to spin but it had really good rubber and a hot day. No bridgestones here it seems.
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2799 on: 16 August 2015, 11:50 »
Nice review and thanks for posting up the photos.
The Civic is the complete antidote for those that would never choose an "overpriced and boring" VW group hot hatch. Or even an M135i for that matter as they're about as subtle as it gets too.
As MH says, the Japs seem to do either bland pensioner-mobiles or batsh!t mad and nothing in between.
This will be perfect for those lamenting the RS's, Evos and Scoobys of old.

From your review it obviously drives a lot more refined than it looks which I guess is the only way you can get all that power down without it getting messy.
As per Lee P's comments about getting the power down in the stage 1 GTI, if they gave it a characteristic slug of boost at xxx rpm's then no matter what diff was in it, the torque would just give the drivetrain and suspension an impossible task in a user friendly standard road car.
I'm sure the tuners will have fun with the new CTR.

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner