Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785053 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2780 on: 14 August 2015, 10:07 »
Yes but if you spec up an alltrak to gtd spec its about 35k. The base price is already more than a basic gtd and you get a lot less spec.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2781 on: 14 August 2015, 15:31 »
Saw a Tornado Red GTD estate at Silverlink Benfield today, and a grey R-line Tiguan - is it the R-line you're getting Chris?
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2782 on: 14 August 2015, 15:35 »
My ACC sensor had a limited view warning again today - first time it has happened since the second "fix", but it has only been driven to work 3 times this week - I was away to Dublin with work for Weds/Thurs.

Back onto Pulman.....

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #2783 on: 14 August 2015, 15:58 »

That grille is like something from the 70's. I think it will age rather quick. Shame as the rest of the car looks great.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2784 on: 14 August 2015, 17:21 »
Saw a Tornado Red GTD estate at Silverlink Benfield today, and a grey R-line Tiguan - is it the R-line you're getting Chris?
no getting mine from pulman at durham

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2785 on: 14 August 2015, 17:30 »
no getting mine from pulman at durham

Chris: I didn't mean that was yours in there, just that you were getting an R line? If so then it might be worth a look in for a nosey if Pulman didn't have any in to see in the flesh when you ordered yours.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2786 on: 14 August 2015, 20:19 »
Sorry Matt I didn't read your post properly. Yeah it's an r line I've ordered.

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #2787 on: 15 August 2015, 11:54 »
Test driving the chav mobile today, will post morepics and review later!

2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2788 on: 15 August 2015, 12:17 »
Test driving the chav mobile today, will post morepics and review later!

Looks a bit busy. The Japanese seem to do 2 types of look - the "pensioner style" bland-wagon, or go completely mad with a look that seems as though they've coated an ordinary car with glue and ram-raided Halfords with it.

That engine looks lost under that bonnet. Reminds me of the 3.0TDI lump I saw in a Q5 getting a tuning box fitted at DTUK,

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #2789 on: 15 August 2015, 13:31 »
Ok well test drive over and I'm back home. Have to say I was very impressed, it seems a very capable and fast car. Obviously it's not wet so how it handles traction on a normal day has yet to be established but it has sport contact 6's that are recommended to be changed ever 5k said the dealer lol.

Straight line speed was good, not as fast as mine and I think stage 1 gtis wouldn't have to worry much but for a standard car it was good.

Brakes, excellent. Big ass brembos, much better than mine anyway.

Seats, great bucket seats, looked like a div trying to get out though but I could work on that I suppose.

Tech level is also good but a bit last gen if you know what I mean. Lovely garmin though inside and it has a brake and throttle sensor on the dash that I thought was pretty cool.

Sound, the biggy and possibly the biggest let down. Inside it's quite loud. The engine noise is very noticeable and you can hear the air intake which isn't a bad thing but where is the exhaust note? Non existent! Got back and revved it up whilst stood outside and it's beautiful. Nice and deep and burbly but inside the car you hear nothing so either it's good sound insulation or just quite while gunning it which is a shame. He did say miltek took a demo off him last week so that will soon sort itself but still disappointing given how it looks.

Comfort wise quite liveable really. Now harder than a Gti in normal mode but a bit harder than sport mode when in R mode but not an issue surprisingly.

That engine is well and truly wedge in there tbh mh, no room to play and the intake is in a weird position too if you ask me, also the intercooler is half the size of ours so no doubt tuning will be more expensive but we shall soon see no doubt.

Would I buy one? Probably not. I don't think it's any better than my Gti so why would I bother. Great car but greater competition in this instance.

Pics below, feel free to quiz me on anything else if anyone has any other questions.

2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG