Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785021 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2740 on: 09 August 2015, 14:54 »
I never leave my car on the driveway, it always goes into the garage, that way when they drive around at night looking for a car, they don't see it.

With my neighbour's recent antics (just the one, everyone else in neighbouring houses is great) I might start parking mine outside their house, just in case.  :evil:

In other news, I have stripped out my Blackvue 650 Dashcam set -  it is going back for a refund!
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2741 on: 09 August 2015, 15:04 »
I do spend most of my Friday nights in the cabin,it just a nice place to relax after a busy week, plus I can watch a movie with the volume turned up to 11 & not p1ss the neighbours off, here a couple of pics of the man cave.

A fellow Lego fan I see - the VW camper van lurking there under the telly. I have a similar "mancave, but mine is in a spare bedroom. I also have a decent sized telly, my Pioneer surround set-up, the main powerhouse computer, a sofa and lots of Star Wars UCS Lego models on shelves.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2742 on: 09 August 2015, 15:09 »
I do spend most of my Friday nights in the cabin,it just a nice place to relax after a busy week, plus I can watch a movie with the volume turned up to 11 & not p1ss the neighbours off, here a couple of pics of the man cave.

Shed!  Scratch that, even the word 'cabin' doesn't do it justice!  Very nice chill out space, and how nice of you to allow your kids into it.  I wouldn't, lol.

It's nearly good enough to park my car in  :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #2743 on: 09 August 2015, 15:11 »
Begs the question - what did you do to have to sleep in the shed?   :laugh:

Lol.  :grin:  I had just enough manners to stop myself asking that very personal question.  Although 'cabin' suggests it is so much more than a mere shed.  :laugh:

@Gazmondo - I think I'd do the same as regards the R400, still it's a sad thing when you have to alter your lifestyle because of some thieving little scroats!!

If I were you (if money permits) once the car has been thoroughly checked over mechanically etc, give it a really good detail yourself or perhaps more preferable - get a professional detailer to give it the works to eradicate any trace of the evil doers, so it will feel like a 'fresh' car for you and the family again.  :smiley:

As for the r400, in the last couple of week I have been going of the idea of having one ,a lot of people are saying the price will 45k base which is way above my pay grade.

Also watching the latest track battle between the RS3 & golf R has made me think how good the R is anyway& adding more power doesn't necessary make it any faster on the twisty bits.

Then there is the name which a certain member on the golf r forum likes to call himself has slightly tarnished the name, & has put me off .
Mk7 golf R DBP
MK7 golf gti pp red (sold)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2744 on: 09 August 2015, 15:12 »
A fellow Lego fan I see - the VW camper van lurking there under the telly. I have a similar "mancave, but mine is in a spare bedroom. I also have a decent sized telly, my Pioneer surround set-up, the main powerhouse computer, a sofa and lots of Star Wars UCS Lego models on shelves.

Shall we start calling you 'Sheldon' MH?  :kiss:

Question is, do you have a 'spot' on the couch?
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline mike.

• I live here
« Reply #2745 on: 09 August 2015, 15:16 »
In other news, I have stripped out my Blackvue 650 Dashcam set -  it is going back for a refund!

What sort of problems did you have?  looking into some sort of dual cam myself.

EDIT -- Just saw your post a few back, not good..
« Last Edit: 09 August 2015, 15:28 by mike. »
Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2746 on: 09 August 2015, 15:19 »
As for the r400, in the last couple of week I have been going of the idea of having one ,a lot of people are saying the price will 45k base which is way above my pay grade.

Also watching the latest track battle between the RS3 & golf R has made me think how good the R is anyway& adding more power doesn't necessary make it any faster on the twisty bits.

Then there is the name which a certain member on the golf r forum likes to call himself has slightly tarnished the name, & has put me off .

I've never been tempted by the R400, as I need practicality as much as performance, as my car also doubles up as the family car, (our other vehicle is a an/truck)., plus I know my limits!  And as you rightly say, in real world terms you are never likely to make the most of that extra power.  Different story if you track it of course.

As for the the R400's namesake on vwroc, I rather like him, although he's become a bit boring of late.  Needs to up his game.  :laugh:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2747 on: 09 August 2015, 15:40 »

Yes, my spot in the living room that is in the optimum setting for the TV (having the squarest view) and being in the centre of the surround sound field. And I have a Lego Death Star just like Sheldon.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2748 on: 09 August 2015, 15:44 »

Yes, my spot in the living room that is in the optimum setting for the TV (having the squarest view) and being in the centre of the surround sound field. And I have a Lego Death Star just like Sheldon.

I knew you wouldn't disappoint.  I also have a 'spot' which no one else must sit in.  But I am redeemed as I have no Lego Death Star  :cry: :laugh:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2749 on: 09 August 2015, 15:46 »

What sort of problems did you have?  looking into some sort of dual cam myself.

EDIT -- Just saw your post a few back, not good..

Yep, as per previous post - garbled sound recording, a permanent high pitched hum from the microphone that greatly annoys and the voice annoucements are an indecipherable mumble - seems that parking mode is too much for the system to avoid it cooking. Tempted to get 2 Nextbase 402G. Hide the wiring from the front one as before, have the rear one plugging in to the rear cigarette lighter. They're £120 a pop at Costco right now including a case and an SD card (I forget which size). If anything goes wrong with it then Costco are very good at taking stuff back. Not as discrete as the blackvue 650 though.