Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2784997 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2690 on: 03 August 2015, 21:56 »
Was Mick actually in? Emailed and called him over a week ago and he hasn't bothered to ring back.

Chris: Aye he was in (unusual for a Monday as he usually works the weekend), had a quick chat with him before he jokingly said to the service desk lad "will you get his feckin' car fixed this time?".

He did mention that you'd been in touch about a Tiguan recently, but gave the impression you were holding out for news on the new model due out.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2691 on: 03 August 2015, 23:40 »
I was but I won't get as much discount if any on the new model as what I'm getting offered now. Plan is to buy one now and then move into new one in 3 years.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2692 on: 04 August 2015, 06:01 »
I was but I won't get as much discount if any on the new model as what I'm getting offered now. Plan is to buy one now and then move into new one in 3 years.

They've got some quite generous deposit contributions right now, on the Tiguan and across the whole VW range, but is that just a reflection of artificially high RRPs? Increasingly these days there's less of a gap between VW and Audi prices, and the reason to buy VW over Audi usually comes down to personal styling differences, better discounts and a hell of a lot more standard equipment.

I've learnt my lesson with the GTD - never buy a new car before it's launched, it takes a while for the broker discount offerings to kick in!

Is the new Q3 out before the new Tiguan? Might give a clue as to across the board improvements on the platform.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2693 on: 04 August 2015, 08:13 »
The q3 isn't due for replacement as far as I can tell and its about 3 grand more expensive before discount.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2694 on: 04 August 2015, 19:00 »
Rang Pulman at lunchtime to ask about my R. Hoping for them to say they're replacing things that won't be in until tomorrow. At 12:30 they hadn't even touched it. I said to them that if I hadn't heard anything by 4:30pm then I was taking the UP! home again, they said they would hope to take a look today. Never heard anything and went home an hour late anyway (b'stard salesman trying to tell me about colour variation on a product batch when he can't even provide a customer spec for colour - debate lasted an hour, started as I was about to head out the door. Why take a car in on Monday night and then not plan to do any work on it that day? They never touched it until after 3pm last time.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2695 on: 05 August 2015, 18:22 »
Still without my R. Got a call today. Apparently a technician took my car out yesterday afternoon for a test run and decided the front passenger wheel was out of alignment. He must have determined this by feel, because they were saying they can't set it back up as their wheel alignment set-up is bust and waiting on a fitter to repair. They tell me it probably won't get fixed today. I ask if they are going to replace the ACC sensor, they tell me that it isn't the order of doing things.

I ask how the alignment can be out, determined by feel alone - it was aligned last week , did they forget to tighten something up? I certainly haven't been over a bump or pothole. I point out that they will have a logged ACC failure 15 miles up the road from picking mine up post-realignment/recalibration last week. What they "fixed" last week was immediately shown up as a failure, or they did nothing to the car last week and let me drive it home untouched for the fault to replicate itself.

How hard is it to get decent warranty service in the North East? Benfield have either abused my car or caused superficial damage, Pulman just seem to be incapable of reaching a solution (if they have indeed attempted a fix in the first place0 - they seem to take their time to even look at the car. I don't expect to leave them with my car on Monday night and not have them touch it by 3pm the following day.

It's staying with them until they fix it or say they've fixed it. If the fault is still there when I get the car back i'll be giving them a lesson in constructing decision trees and problem solving as well as a stern letter to VWUK. If they still don't/can't fix it then i'll be looking to reject.
« Last Edit: 05 August 2015, 18:31 by monkeyhanger »

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2696 on: 05 August 2015, 20:04 »

If they still don't/can't fix it then i'll be looking to reject.

You can't be serious? Doubt you will get anywhere with that. It is a fixable fault and you just have to be very patient dealing with worse than useless VW.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2697 on: 05 August 2015, 20:34 »

You can't be serious? Doubt you will get anywhere with that. It is a fixable fault and you just have to be very patient dealing with worse than useless VW.

How many times would you allow them to attempt to fix the same fault on a system designed primarily for safety considerations? 3 times should be plenty.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2698 on: 05 August 2015, 20:42 »

Why do you doubt he'll get anywhere? The car is not fit for the purpose it was meant for and after three attempts to fix it it still isn't fixed. Why should we need to be patient? They should be fixings things the first time not 2nd, 3rd or never.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #2699 on: 05 August 2015, 20:50 »
MH I'm guessing if you do reject it you won't be staying with VW for the next one. S3?