Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785029 times)

Offline wigit

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2670 on: 31 July 2015, 17:25 »
Looks great in that shot, mean and moody Pootle!  :cool:

After seeing what this chassis is like (bearing in mind it has GTI bits) on a circuit I would never by a Polo GTI or A1 on the grounds i actually like to have an idea which way the front wheels are pointing

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2671 on: 31 July 2015, 17:56 »
Looks great in that shot, mean and moody Pootle!  :cool:

After seeing what this chassis is like (bearing in mind it has GTI bits) on a circuit I would never by a Polo GTI or A1 on the grounds i actually like to have an idea which way the front wheels are pointing

That bad, eh!?

I recall you thought the Polo R would not be well balanced proposition, but quite surprising to hear that a GTI variant (and A1) would so poor on this chassis! 

Safe to say the R creamed it then  :grin:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Mr Savage

• I live here
« Reply #2672 on: 31 July 2015, 22:41 »
My Golf R has arrived at the dealer already and will now be sat waiting for me for 4 weeks.

Good news!  That's going to drag by  :grin:

Remind me, how far back did you order?  Cadiz wheels?

Thank you! Yes Cadiz Wheels which I will be swapping for HLT Ultraleggera's :)
Current - MK7 Golf GTI - Tornado Red, 5 Door, DSG, Performance Pack, Dynamic Chasis Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Discover Navigation, Dynaudio.

On Order - MK7 Golf R - Pearlescent Black, 3 Door, DSG, Vienna Leather, Discover Nav Pro, Rear View Camera, High Beam Assist, Keyless Entry, Dynaudio (Tech Pack)

All gone.

Now;

MK7 Golf R - Lapiz Blue, 5 Door, DSG, Carbon Nappa, Discover Nav Pro.

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #2673 on: 01 August 2015, 12:42 »
having to come into work today, quite bored, so what else is there to do but.... clean the car :smiley:

the beginning:

the middle:

and the end:

2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #2674 on: 01 August 2015, 14:33 »
having to come into work today, quite bored, so what else is there to do but.... clean the car :smiley:

the beginning:

the middle:

and the end:

And on cue, here comes the rain

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2675 on: 01 August 2015, 16:14 »

the beginning:

Graham, I'm going to pretend that's not a sponge in the foreground of the above pic.  :rolleyes:

Have you learned nothing in your limited time in the detailing section??! :laugh:  Pick it up, take it to the nearest bin, drop it in, then go buy yourself a lambswool mitt from WoWo.  :wink:
« Last Edit: 01 August 2015, 16:16 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #2676 on: 01 August 2015, 16:27 »

the beginning:

Graham, I'm going to pretend that's not a sponge in the foreground of the above pic.  :rolleyes:

Have you learned nothing in your limited time in the detailing section??! :laugh:  Pick it up, take it to the nearest bin, drop it in, then go buy yourself a lambswool mitt from WoWo.  :wink:

Busted !!!  :grin: :grin: :grin:       (Good spot Booth11 :wink:)
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #2677 on: 01 August 2015, 16:38 »
Lol do not judge me too harshly booth! It was free with a bucket and shampoo from halfords for being on O2 I never actually used it just the bucket!

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2678 on: 01 August 2015, 17:22 »
Lol do not judge me too harshly booth! It was free with a bucket and shampoo from halfords for being on O2 I never actually used it just the bucket!

Ah, I'll take your word for it, and won't judge too much :wink:   But you do know that if you did use it, you will have undone all the work of your newly acquired Meguiars DA drill attachment and even though it was a bargain buy, it will still be money wasted.  :tongue:

Anyway, such was my dismay at clocking the sponge, I forgot to say your car looks fantastic  :cool: And I'm rather envious that I don't have a job that permits me to skive off and wash my car, on someone else's time and money  :evil:  Ignore if you are self employed.  :grin:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2679 on: 01 August 2015, 17:56 »
I still can't believe you've not had a bollocking for having just one bucket...  :whistle:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner