Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785026 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2640 on: 29 July 2015, 22:22 »
I am having my car detailed tomorrow! About time too.

Well you said it   :tongue:  :kiss:

Just how bad is it?  Come on, be honest.  The rain may have naturally cleansed the exterior, but the interior's got to be pretty grimy by now.  Hope you've been flicking your fag ash out of the window all this time.

Interior is immaculate. No fag ash, not even in the ash tray! Exterior is pretty clean with all the rain we have had. It still beads: amazing. Only the front wheels look grimy. So not too bad. Even the VW guys were surprised how clean it looked when I told them it had not been washed/cleaned since that auspicious date of Friday 13th March when I collected it!

You've never mentioned that date before.  All your car woes can be attributed to this and not to shoddy, lazy German workmanship.  They are off the hook.  :laugh:

Well not for the Italian guy who collected his Carbon Grey GTI today! He had a few build quality issues.

Damn it!  I was pinning all the poor build issues on that fateful calendar date.  What was wrong with the Carbon Grey (lovely colour) GTI?
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #2641 on: 29 July 2015, 22:32 »
I've just won a Golf R for the week from GTI World. In addition, my own car gets a full valet and a full tank of petrol. First time ive won anything  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well done mate. I watched the the draw online. When do you get it for a week?

Thanks P3asa. Spoke to Dean today. Just to sort out a date yet but possibly see if I can collect it on 16th for that week. Will try and take a few days of work and make the most of it  :evil: :evil:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2642 on: 29 July 2015, 22:36 »
I've just won a Golf R for the week from GTI World. In addition, my own car gets a full valet and a full tank of petrol. First time ive won anything  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks P3asa. Spoke to Dean today. Just to sort out a date yet but possibly see if I can collect it on 16th for that week. Will try and take a few days of work and make the most of it  :evil: :evil:

Congrats.  Could this spell the end of your GTI?  :whistle:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2643 on: 29 July 2015, 22:38 »

That will prove fatal !!  :whistle:
 May I be the first to welcome you to the R converts club !!  :lipsrsealed:

Haha!  How many on here have switched from a Mk7 GTI/D to an R?  I've lost count!
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #2644 on: 29 July 2015, 22:41 »

Ha Ha I think after a week driving about in it I'll be sorely tempted Booth and I'm sure Dean will be trying his best to try and get me to exchange.  :grin:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2645 on: 29 July 2015, 22:43 »

Ha Ha I think after a week driving about in it I'll be sorely tempted Booth and I'm sure Dean will be trying his best to try and get me to exchange.  :grin:

Yep, you, or rather your GTI, is doomed  :evil:

What's the spec on this R?
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #2646 on: 29 July 2015, 22:49 »

Yep, you, or rather your GTI, is doomed  :evil:

What's the spec on this R?

I'm not sure Booth but I was told it was loaded with options. So far all I know is that it's s 15 plate, lapis blue, 5 door with Cadiz. I'll post a few pics up when I get it.

On a slightly different note I read today that they are talking about the mk8 coming out in 2019 and that there will be a facelift to the GTI next year. I'm not sure if they will also be giving the R a small revision.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2647 on: 29 July 2015, 22:52 »
I'm not sure Booth but I was told it was loaded with options. So far all I know is that it's s 15 plate, lapis blue, 5 door with Cadiz. I'll post a few pics up when I get it.

On a slightly different note I read today that they are talking about the mk8 coming out in 2019 and that there will be a facelift to the GTI next year. I'm not sure if they will also be giving the R a small revision.

Look forward to the pics.

Well if mine takes much longer, not only will I have got the BW22 MiB II changes but might get the 2016 facelift as well  :laugh:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2648 on: 29 July 2015, 22:58 »
I am having my car detailed tomorrow! About time too.

Well you said it   :tongue:  :kiss:

Just how bad is it?  Come on, be honest.  The rain may have naturally cleansed the exterior, but the interior's got to be pretty grimy by now.  Hope you've been flicking your fag ash out of the window all this time.

Interior is immaculate. No fag ash, not even in the ash tray! Exterior is pretty clean with all the rain we have had. It still beads: amazing. Only the front wheels look grimy. So not too bad. Even the VW guys were surprised how clean it looked when I told them it had not been washed/cleaned since that auspicious date of Friday 13th March when I collected it!

You've never mentioned that date before.  All your car woes can be attributed to this and not to shoddy, lazy German workmanship.  They are off the hook.  :laugh:

Well not for the Italian guy who collected his Carbon Grey GTI today! He had a few build quality issues.

Damn it!  I was pinning all the poor build issues on that fateful calendar date.  What was wrong with the Carbon Grey (lovely colour) GTI?

The usual. Just how a Golf should be!  :rolleyes:

Bonnet and front wings not lining up. Unequal gaps between bonnet and front wings. Front grille not central or square in fit. Badly hanging doors. Window seals not properly fitted or fitting. Some window seals looked a bit crappy. Bonnet rubber stops needed adjusting as bonnet looked a bit tilted .... and that was after a quick look! Even the White R was a bit crappy.

I did not look at the inside. I am sure I would find a few faults.

Anyway, I am sure both cars drove well, at least for now.
« Last Edit: 29 July 2015, 23:04 by am1w »
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2649 on: 29 July 2015, 23:51 »

The usual. Just how a Golf should be!  :rolleyes:

Bonnet and front wings not lining up. Unequal gaps between bonnet and front wings. Front grille not central or square in fit. Badly hanging doors. Window seals not properly fitted or fitting. Some window seals looked a bit crappy. Bonnet rubber stops needed adjusting as bonnet looked a bit tilted .... and that was after a quick look! Even the White R was a bit crappy.

I did not look at the inside. I am sure I would find a few faults.

Anyway, I am sure both cars drove well, at least for now.

Not much wrong then!

You know that hope you instilled in me earlier this evening?  It's fast fading.....!!!
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual