Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785036 times)

Offline KyleB

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2440 on: 20 June 2015, 19:04 »
Don't suppose you've got a link Eccie?

Ive just modified my post :smiley:

Cheers, may order some of those. They easy enough to fit?

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #2441 on: 20 June 2015, 19:13 »
Gave my 7 its first wash after 3 weeks of ownership. Somehow forgot to clean the windscreen! Oh well a job for tomorrow.
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #2442 on: 20 June 2015, 19:37 »

Ive just modified my post :smiley:

Cheers, may order some of those. They easy enough to fit?

Very easy, 2 minute job

Offline hastd2

• Here all the time
  • Gti the Ultimate Hot Hatch...
« Reply #2443 on: 20 June 2015, 20:38 »

Just ordered a set...looks very easy to fit... :wink:
Build Week 11.04.16 - 2016 Mk7 Golf R, Lapiz Blue 5 door manual, 12 months R/Tax, 2 yrs free service, full tank of fuel, sure guard, and private plate transfer

2015 Mk7 Gti 5 DR, Carbon Steel Grey, Performance Pack, Keyless Entry, Vienna Leather, and Sat Nav.

2013 Mk7 Gti 5 DR, Pure White, Performance Pack, Keyless Entry, Vienna Leather, and Sat Nav.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #2444 on: 20 June 2015, 22:20 »
re the rear door sill trims, sorry guys got myself confused. It was the rear door waring lights I got from Aliexpress for £8 (for my upcoming mod), the stainless sill trims was from eBay and were £16.Sorry for the confusion.

They didn't do ones with a white stripe, so going to get some pin stripe vinyl to make the line white rather than red.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #2445 on: 21 June 2015, 09:16 »

Just ordered a set...looks very easy to fit... :wink:

+1 Thanks for the link  :smug:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Diehammer

• Here all the time
« Reply #2446 on: 21 June 2015, 11:35 »
Washed the car with my new pressure washer, dried with microfibre towels then applied a coat of cv2v3
Golf GTD MK7 5 door Manual, Carbon Grey, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera.

Ordered 26/02/15  Build Week Confirmed 24/04/15 (BW21) Stage 5a 19/05/15 Stage 5b 21/05/15 Stage 5c 29/05/15 Stage 6 02/06/15 Stage 7 04/06/15 Pick Up 06/06/15

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2447 on: 22 June 2015, 22:08 »
Gave my R its 4th tank of petrol today.

After  Shell V-Power then Esso (sluggish but ok on the mpg for cruising), then Shell V-power again, I thought i'd give Tesco momentum 99 a go as there's big Tesco right by work.

The car surprisingly feels livelier than with the other 2 fuels - I could see myself making a habit of filling up at Tesco.

The A1 was surprisingly empty today driving home at about 4:45pm, so I took advantage and put my foot down once or twice, taking it up to a cheeky ton and then dropping back down to 80 when catching up with the traffic ahead.

The car was a little thirstier (29mpg vs 32mpg) than it had been last week, but understandable with the heavier right foot on tonight's journey and quite cool on the ambient temp.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #2448 on: 23 June 2015, 14:28 »
So I took the wheels off and gave them a deep clean and a little polish, before coating them in some Carpro CQUK I had spare.

I also managed to pick up a spare wheel, 2nd hand

I've put my winter wheels on for a couple of days while the CQUK cures, I also wanted to check I'd have enough clearance with the big brakes

I also took the opportunity to clean and polish the callipers - hopefully they'll stay bright red longer and be easier to keep clean

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2449 on: 23 June 2015, 18:28 »
Tried a slightly different commute today - slightly slower the whole way, but no inevitable snarl-up for 5 mins towards the end when approaching the A19 and it's a mile shorter - 34mpg for a 20 mile journey in the R with 17C ambient temp.

Had a few of the operators at work asking about the car today while doing the rounds.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.