Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785019 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2400 on: 16 June 2015, 12:41 »
Sootchucker - they look great.  Are they available in chrome?  I've got Lockwood ones on my mk6 which I love, and will be looking for something similar for the R.  Must admit I've not really browsed the bay yet!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2401 on: 16 June 2015, 16:31 »
Sill protectors look good Mr N, I wanted as set for mine back along but they don't do 3 door yet  :sad:

I think they only come in black plastic at the moment Ms B

... And today I put 53 litres of fuel in my 50 litre tank. Goes to show when it said 0 miles it wasn't bullsh!tting! First time I've run it that low, I'm not proud of myself. I think monkeyhanger's part ex fuel challenge got to me!  :grin:
The car feels twice as heavy now!

And also today I spotted my first GTE on the road. Just pulling into Sainsburys as I was pulling out. "Hi"  :cool:
In tungsten grey if I'm not mistaken. The DRL's certainly catch the eye.
I think the trim should be in green not blue as it's supposed to be the green option (ignoring the fact the power station must consume fuel to produce electricity?) and the blue stripe should be on the R as it used to be the VW Motorsport colour.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #2402 on: 16 June 2015, 16:32 »
Yeah, black only I'm afraid Rebecca.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline isleaiw

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2403 on: 16 June 2015, 16:43 »

And also today I spotted my first GTE on the road. Just pulling into Sainsburys as I was pulling out. "Hi"  :cool:
In tungsten grey if I'm not mistaken. The DRL's certainly catch the eye.
I think the trim should be in green not blue as it's supposed to be the green option (ignoring the fact the power station must consume fuel to produce electricity?) and the blue stripe should be on the R as it used to be the VW Motorsport colour.

Maybe the blue echoes the use of blue in "Bluemotion" to indicate the environmentally friendly model...?

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2404 on: 16 June 2015, 17:42 »
Yeah, black only I'm afraid Rebecca.

Thanks Sootchucker and Mr Ex. 

Lockwood do either plain silver with etched stripe.

http://www.lockwoodinternational.co.uk/golf-mk7-2013on-with-stripe-etch-4-door-upper-and-lower-sill-protectors-part-no-k63-more-details-i9967.html

or GTI etched ones

http://www.lockwoodinternational.co.uk/golf-mk7-gti-2013on-4-door-upper-and-lower-sill-protectors-part-no-k38-more-details-i10397.html

No R specific ones as yet  :sad:  Might have to go with the plain silver or maybe those black ones like yours Sootchucker.  Course it'd be handy to have a car to attach them to  :grin:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #2405 on: 16 June 2015, 22:25 »
Inspected the car for damage....came back from a hospital appointment to find some asshole had parked like this next to me, so no room to get the door opened :rolleyes:

Contorted myself via the passenger side to get in - thankfully no damage or dents from the X5 driver

« Last Edit: 16 June 2015, 22:27 by phope »
Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #2406 on: 16 June 2015, 22:48 »
Inspected the car for damage....came back from a hospital appointment to find some asshole had parked like this next to me, so no room to get the door opened :rolleyes:

Contorted myself via the passenger side to get in - thankfully no damage or dents from the X5 driver

What a Knob, somebody will give his door a good kick one day, if he keeps parking like that

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #2407 on: 16 June 2015, 22:49 »
There is nothing worse than coming back from from the shops to see a car parked millimetres from your door.Thats why I was surprised to see a gti parked on a building site today.

Mk7 golf R DBP
MK7 golf gti pp red (sold)

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #2408 on: 16 June 2015, 23:05 »
So I picked up my car yesterday, It took me, 1 bus and 3 trains, some 4.5 hours to finally get the keys - I had a fantastic drive home, playing with all the settings and trying to figure everything out.

So today I set about giving it a bloody good clean and polish, very pleased with the outcome

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2409 on: 16 June 2015, 23:09 »
^^
That looks awesome.  Not a fan of sun roof usually but looks fantastic with pure white.  Nice reflections too  :cool:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual