Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785058 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2330 on: 04 June 2015, 00:14 »
IronX is one of the most horrible pungent smells (apart from me after eating haggis)

I'm using Dodo Juice Ferrous Dueller just now (can you tell I like Dodo Juice stuff :D )

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dodo-Juice-Ferrous-Dueller-Remover/dp/B00FGX3Y3G

I love DoDo Juice stuff too  :smiley:

Will be using Iron-X on the missus new qashqai when it hopefully turns up in a few weeks. Not looking forward to the attack on my senses  :grin: :grin:

Just make sure you bin any cloths used with the Iron X, (in an outside bin, not in your kitchen bin).  Your missus will not be happy if they end up in the washing machine, and neither will you if your clothes come out stinking of it  :whistle:
« Last Edit: 04 June 2015, 00:16 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #2331 on: 04 June 2015, 00:15 »
I've been using maxolen tar remover but I can't find it sold anywhere now and when I did think I had found a seller I bought two bottles only for it not to turn up. Had to open a claim with PayPal which I fortunately won so got my money back. Disappointed as I really liked the product

It's annoying when you've found stuff you really like and then it's discontinued or you can't get hold of it.  I do like trying different things but if I really like something and it does a good job, I tend to stick with it for a good while, until something else takes my fancy.  Won't be trying any other tar remover any time soon though as still got two thirds of a 5 litre can of Tardis left!

Yip really annoying Booth as I rated the product highly and it smelled pretty good which is always a bonus.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #2332 on: 04 June 2015, 00:19 »
IronX is one of the most horrible pungent smells (apart from me after eating haggis)

I'm using Dodo Juice Ferrous Dueller just now (can you tell I like Dodo Juice stuff :D )

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dodo-Juice-Ferrous-Dueller-Remover/dp/B00FGX3Y3G

I love DoDo Juice stuff too  :smiley:

Will be using Iron-X on the missus new qashqai when it hopefully turns up in a few weeks. Not looking forward to the attack on my senses  :grin: :grin:

Just make sure you bin any cloths used with the Iron X, (in an outside bin, not in your kitchen bin).  Your missus will not be happy if they end up in the washing machine, and neither will you if your clothes come out stinking of it  :whistle:

:grin: :grin: yeah I've caused problems in the past with the washing machine and my car chemicals. I wasn't very popular for a few weeks

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2333 on: 04 June 2015, 00:26 »
:grin: :grin: yeah I've caused problems in the past with the washing machine and my car chemicals. I wasn't very popular for a few weeks

:grin:  Haha, me too, though fortunately not iron remover.  Had quite a few clothes come out smelling of DoDo Juice wax, but saddo that I am, I rather like it  :embarrassed:  Smells better than fabric freshener :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2334 on: 04 June 2015, 08:09 »
I gave the R a quick mid-week wash last night and noticed that the top/rear part of the wing, where it meets up with the windscreen pillar is quite flexible. It can easily be pushed in a few mm and then comes back out under tension with no pressure applied, to rest against the rubber surround of the tiny window by the wing mirror. I can’t say I noticed that on the GTD when cleaning it. It almost seems as though it’s missing some fixing or packing behind it to keep it rigid. Can anyone tell me if this is normal, to save me trying it out at the used forecourt of the local dealership? Might pay it a visit anyway, if only to get the sump plug and oil filter for my 1500 mile oil change.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2335 on: 04 June 2015, 10:02 »
I gave the R a quick mid-week wash last night and noticed that the top/rear part of the wing, where it meets up with the windscreen pillar is quite flexible. It can easily be pushed in a few mm and then comes back out under tension with no pressure applied, to rest against the rubber surround of the tiny window by the wing mirror. I can’t say I noticed that on the GTD when cleaning it. It almost seems as though it’s missing some fixing or packing behind it to keep it rigid. Can anyone tell me if this is normal, to save me trying it out at the used forecourt of the local dealership? Might pay it a visit anyway, if only to get the sump plug and oil filter for my 1500 mile oil change.

That's normal. Part of the flimsy build. At least you have perfectly aligned front doors.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #2336 on: 04 June 2015, 11:00 »
I've been using maxolen tar remover but I can't find it sold anywhere now and when I did think I had found a seller I bought two bottles only for it not to turn up.

Craig you can buy Maxolen straight from them

http://www.maxolenuk.com/ the tar remover is there.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2337 on: 04 June 2015, 11:04 »
Am1w: Well I'm nipping out from work at lunchtime to have a prod at a few used cars' wings and get my oil filter and sump plug. Yes, my doors seem perfectly straight (must've drafted in some Audi craftsmen to build mine  :whistle:) - were you studying my pictures for alignment comparison?
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #2338 on: 04 June 2015, 11:08 »
Matt what is the actual positioning that you think is flexible? I've not noticed anything obvious like this on mine and I've recently gave it a deep clean, wax etc.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #2339 on: 04 June 2015, 11:53 »
I've been using maxolen tar remover but I can't find it sold anywhere now and when I did think I had found a seller I bought two bottles only for it not to turn up.

Craig you can buy Maxolen straight from them

http://www.maxolenuk.com/ the tar remover is there.

That's where I tried buying it P3asa and ended up with nothing. I even went to try and find their premises in Paisley and there was no sign of them.