Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785000 times)

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2280 on: 31 May 2015, 17:36 »
Benmartingolf: Looking very clean, mine is scruffy already with only 50 miles driven since cleaning. The Lapiz is nearly as much of a sh!te magnet as DBP. If it rains though, it should slide straight off as the G-Techniq has made the bodywork feel like it is teflon coated.

Did you end up with the dealer induced swirls like I did,my paint was so bad they even gave some bottles of Diamond bright free of charge.
Mk7 golf R DBP
MK7 golf gti pp red (sold)

Offline benmartingolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2281 on: 31 May 2015, 17:40 »
So what is the green collared MDI lead for? Is that the newest incarnation of Apple connectivity?

When I flipped open the lower central cubby to connect my USB/MDI lead (retained from my Scirocco) and USB stick full of MP3s, I found the standard blue collared old school Apple/MDI lead plugged in, but the green collared lead in it's bag also stuffed in there.

I thought that i'd read somewhere that people were being told that they had to buy the green lead if they needed it.

Mine is a MY2015 (BW19) but I have the usb connection where the MDI lead would normally plug into. Dealer didn't get it!!!

What's the green lead, got a pic of it?  I'll mainly be connecting an iPod (lightning connector).  Currently use the blue collar Apple MDI one in current car, with a 30pin to lightning adapter.

Also I'm sure I read recently that with the MY2016 changes there was to be a USB interface, or is that something different?
Collect 28th May 2015

GTI MK7, Pure White, 5 Door, DSG, Performance Pack, Discover Pro, Dynaudio, Keyless

Offline benmartingolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2282 on: 31 May 2015, 17:43 »
Mine is a MY15 BW19 car and has the USB interface instead of the MDI connections! Dealer put the cables on the seat then when he was showing me the car realised he didn't need them. Weird!!!
Collect 28th May 2015

GTI MK7, Pure White, 5 Door, DSG, Performance Pack, Discover Pro, Dynaudio, Keyless

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2283 on: 31 May 2015, 17:48 »
Mine is a MY15 BW19 car and has the USB interface instead of the MDI connections! Dealer put the cables on the seat then when he was showing me the car realised he didn't need them. Weird!!!

It is weird. I knew your's was a pre BW22 car but sounds like you have the post 22 interface!!  If you get a chance to take a pic of the interface at some point I'd appreciate it.  Did the dealer give you any cables then?
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2284 on: 31 May 2015, 17:51 »
I got 2 cables. One a USB and the other one is the MDI interface. The USB is permanently plugged in for iPhone charging.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline benmartingolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2285 on: 31 May 2015, 18:00 »

It is weird. I knew your's was a pre BW22 car but sounds like you have the post 22 interface!!  If you get a chance to take a pic of the interface at some point I'd appreciate it.  Did the dealer give you any cables then?

I'm heading to the in laws in abit so will take a pic and post it. No he didn't. I had some left over from my Audi. A blue and green Cable. I just had a usb and aux in that compartment.
Collect 28th May 2015

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2286 on: 31 May 2015, 18:13 »
I got 2 cables. One a USB and the other one is the MDI interface. The USB is permanently plugged in for iPhone charging.

Yeah but as your car is what, a few weeks old now, things have moved on in technology terms :tongue: You know I love you  :kiss:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2287 on: 31 May 2015, 18:18 »
I'm heading to the in laws in abit so will take a pic and post it. No he didn't. I had some left over from my Audi. A blue and green Cable. I just had a usb and aux in that compartment.

Thanks Ben, no rush, just if you get chance  :smiley:

Like to be prepared for when I get my car :wink:  Need to start reading up in earnest on the nav functions, album art, radio logos downloads etc etc, so it won't be too much of a learning curve when I finally get it.  Not to mention getting to grips with the e-brake and the hated start-stop function  :sick:  Might have to switch that off   :whistle:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2288 on: 31 May 2015, 18:51 »

Yeah but as your car is what, a few weeks old now, things have moved on in technology terms :tongue: You know I love you  :kiss:

Listen you mouthy, cheeky minx, enough already. My car might be middle-aged in your eyes but it is not scrap yet. You techy gals are something else; but in a good way. Care to give me some well paid lessons, luv?  :kiss:  :laugh:

So long as the car starts when required, the Sat Nav does not throw a fem hissy fit, the ride is not harsh as with 19" Prats, the noise levels for both engine and tyres are low for my eclectic musical merry-go-round, I am satisfied.

Back on topic: Fiddled around again with my keyless immobiliser/anti-hijack thingy-ma-jig, adjusted the Dynaudio, played around with the Sat Nav then took off for a quick drive, an ice-cream and coffee on the river and back home so that I could park the car on my street and not miles away.
« Last Edit: 31 May 2015, 19:07 by am1w »
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2289 on: 31 May 2015, 19:17 »
Listen you mouthy, cheeky minx, enough already. My car might be middle-aged in your eyes but it is not scrap yet. You techy gals are something else; but in a good way. Care to give me some well paid lessons, luv?  :kiss:  :laugh:

So long as the car starts when required, the Sat Nav does not throw a fem hissy fit, the ride is not harsh as with 19" Prats, the noise levels for both engine and tyres are low for my eclectic musical merry-go-round, I am satisfied.

Back on topic: Fiddled around again with my keyless immobiliser/anti-hijack thingy-ma-jig, adjusted sound the Dynaudio, played around with the Sat Nav then took off for a quick drive, an ice-cream and coffee on the river and back home.

Mouthy  :shocked: That's a first!  May surprise you but I've never been called that in my life....until now.

Luv!  Haha, are you moonlighting as a brickie now?  Thought your clandestine job involved matters of the flesh?  Concrete and flesh? Actually I'd rather not know.

Give you lessons? - depends what you mean by 'well paid', I'm all ears!  Actually by the time my car arrives, you'll have been ensconced in yours forever and should be the one giving me lessons (for free of course  :wink:)

Back on topic (again), why do you have to keep messing with your new immobiliser?  Is it temperamental, fiddly to set?
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual