Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785058 times)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2160 on: 03 May 2015, 11:39 »
Took the car in for a service the other day and told there is a recall on the rear window spoilers.
I told them mine are rock solid and I don't want them changed to which they said they would get fined by VW if this wasn't carried out!!
Is this true?
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2161 on: 03 May 2015, 11:41 »
I wonder what they'd say if you'd already removed them like some others have. Sounds a bit bs to me.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2162 on: 03 May 2015, 11:47 »

Took the Groom to his wedding!
Awesome!  :cool:
Took the car in for a service the other day and told there is a recall on the rear window spoilers.
I told them mine are rock solid and I don't want them changed to which they said they would get fined by VW if this wasn't carried out!!
Is this true?
I bet that if they were rock solid the dealer would claim they'd replaced them to VW and not bother.
Mine are still solid after a year and a half but I'd be glad to have new ones as mine look a bit swirly now (sorry Mme B)
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2163 on: 03 May 2015, 12:37 »
Mine are solid but lined up very poorly.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #2164 on: 04 May 2015, 08:13 »
Actually noticed mine were starting to come away a bit so this is good news to me
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #2165 on: 04 May 2015, 11:32 »
Mine are solid but lined up very poorly.

What part is poorly lined up?
The top of mine don't lie flush with my rear spoiler but I'm not sure if that is the way its meant to be.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #2166 on: 04 May 2015, 13:57 »

Took the Groom to his wedding!

Used to live (and probably will again) just round the corner from where that photo was taken - there'll be another white GTI in the area!!
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2167 on: 05 May 2015, 22:22 »
Well I laid my hands on a Lapiz R today, but it's only a 1:43 model from the VW GROUP FORUM centre in Berlin, €40 - puzzlingly €10 more than the Red GTI model that looks just as detailed, I guess that's the premium for metallic paint and pano sunroof translated for the model.

The Forum was really disappointing, it's about a quarter of the size it used to be, and despite VW being prominently displayed on the signage, only 1 VW vehicle was present.

Of the paltry 12 vehicles on display (2 of which were motorbikes), the only VW present was the WRC Polo R. The Bugatti Veyron was there, as was a Lamborghini Guillardo, a Bentley Continental, Porsche 911 and the new Audi RS3.  Everything else was very mundane -Seat Exeo, Seat Mii,  Skoda Fabia, Skoda Superb.

The available range of VW group merchandise was poor too. I expected to be able to get hold of everything on the Germans VW site and same for the other marques. Apart from the impressive range of the car models themselves (maybe 150 different models), mugs, key rings etc were in short supply. Not even a GTI mug, let alone thermos stainless mugs (sorry Chris). Bought a plain chrome VW roundel keyring and the wife got an enamelled camper van keyring in addition to my R.

Not a patch on the old place that had an example of every VAG model on display to see. Luckily the nearby Gendarmarkt had plenty of places to sit outside for a drink.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #2168 on: 05 May 2015, 23:06 »
Ordered some black R badge skins to tone down the front and rear

Ordered a tyre rack given i seem to be amassing alloys at the moment

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2169 on: 05 May 2015, 23:38 »
Ordered some black R badge skins to tone down the front and rear

For your Lapiz?  Could be a good look with the black mirrors and lip.  Need to see pics when they're on  :smiley:  Wonder what they'd look like on the night blue, could work?

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11