Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785088 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2110 on: 15 April 2015, 09:20 »
Maybe I might try, to burn through that Bridgestone rubber quicker if no one is interested in buying my tyres straight off the new car.  :whistle: Seriously though, 4WD is my main reason for getting the R rather than sticking with a DTUK'd GTD. That and availability of Lapiz blue - there's 6 GTDs within a 5 minute walk of my house and they're all 5 door TR like mine.

Go for it MH!  and if you manage it, I'll do the same to speed up the death of the Tombstones!!

I've seen only one lone R round here and that was white.  There's a dearth of GTI's and R's down this way, but every time I go up north (I come from Halifax W.Yorks) I see loads.  Obviously northerners have better taste than southerners  :wink: OR southerners can afford better cars* :evil: :grin:

* Actually there tends to be more bog standard cars down here, nobody can afford a really good car as they get cleaned out buying a house  :wink:
« Last Edit: 15 April 2015, 09:43 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2111 on: 15 April 2015, 09:52 »
Actually there tends to be more bog standard cars down here, nobody can afford a really good car as they get cleaned out buying a house  :wink:

That is so true, I spent the 2nd half of my childhood down Southampton, and moved back up to the North East as soon as I was able to. All of my School mates from down there drive around in bangers as they have to spend about 60% more than me to own a house comparable to mine.

When I roll up down there in a new VW and have some money for going out, they think i'm rich! Then they say things like "it's grim up North" because they think everyone lives like they're from a Catherine Cookson ITV drama (living in a little stone miners cottage, drinking every night, fighting on the walk home from the pub etc). Horden/Blackhall/Easington is still like that!
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2112 on: 15 April 2015, 10:01 »
Actually there tends to be more bog standard cars down here, nobody can afford a really good car as they get cleaned out buying a house  :wink:

That is so true, I spent the 2nd half of my childhood down Southampton, and moved back up to the North East as soon as I was able to. All of my School mates from down there drive around in bangers as they have to spend about 60% more than me to own a house comparable to mine.

When I roll up down there in a new VW and have some money for going out, they think i'm rich! Then they say things like "it's grim up North" because they think everyone lives like they're from a Catherine Cookson ITV drama (living in a little stone miners cottage, drinking every night, fighting on the walk home from the pub etc). Horden/Blackhall/Easington is still like that!

Yes, damn you wealthy northerners, coming down here with your fancy cars and pockets full of cash, lol.

I've been down south (here and West Country) since 1985, but you know what they say, "you can take the girl out of Yorkshire, but......" 

drinking every night, fighting on the walk home from the pub etc). Horden/Blackhall/Easington is still like that!

That brings a village round here to mind, but I won't say where just in case it's someone's beloved home town  :whistle:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline charv94

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2113 on: 15 April 2015, 11:15 »
I'd still choose the south  :wink:
Mk7 GTI - CSG - Now Gone

M135i 5dr Auto - Mineral Grey

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #2114 on: 15 April 2015, 11:23 »

But only for the weather :smiley:
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline PeterWynne

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2115 on: 15 April 2015, 11:34 »
I was over in Canterbury at the weekend, went to Whitstable - Ramsgate - Dungeness.. Lovely area - noticeably poor customer service in bars / restaurants tho :) wished I was driving my car instead of the Fiat 500 hire car..

In Golf news.. I did my first night driving last night - somehow managed to stay indoors for the last 3 weeks during the hours of darkness.. The surroundings inside the car at night time are lovely - I hadn't noticed the lighting before..
It was raining on my way back - the G1 ClearVision http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/engine-and-exterior/glass-cleaners-sealants/gtechniq-g1-clearvision-smart-glass/prod_881.html I'd put on is amazing.. I was on an unlit road - in heavy rain - doing 60+mph, I could hear the rain - but had no need for windscreen wipers at all - vision was completely clear..

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2116 on: 15 April 2015, 12:03 »
I was over in Canterbury at the weekend, went to Whitstable - Ramsgate - Dungeness.. Lovely area - noticeably poor customer service in bars / restaurants tho :) wished I was driving my car instead of the Fiat 500 hire car..

In Golf news.. I did my first night driving last night - somehow managed to stay indoors for the last 3 weeks during the hours of darkness.. The surroundings inside the car at night time are lovely - I hadn't noticed the lighting before..
It was raining on my way back - the G1 ClearVision http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/engine-and-exterior/glass-cleaners-sealants/gtechniq-g1-clearvision-smart-glass/prod_881.html I'd put on is amazing.. I was on an unlit road - in heavy rain - doing 60+mph, I could hear the rain - but had no need for windscreen wipers at all - vision was completely clear..

Peter, Canterbury area is quite pleasant.  I'm in Whitstsble myself today with my daughter enjoying an ice-cream on the sunny beach.

The Clear Vision sounds good but in the interests of keeping my Bosch wiper blades judder free I never use any products on the windscreen  :wink:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline PeterWynne

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2117 on: 15 April 2015, 12:06 »
Whitstable was lovely last Thursday when we visited - very cold though with the fog - we sat on the beach for about 30 seconds then scarpered for a coffee  :cool:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2118 on: 15 April 2015, 13:27 »

But only for the weather :smiley:

Can't argue with you on the weather. I have a lovely view over the mouth of the Tyne from my house, but it's so windy most of the time. I did get sunburnt last week on a walk through the South Shields riverfront.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #2119 on: 15 April 2015, 13:29 »
Gave her the detailing treatment over the weekend, coated in SiRamik SC15 Surface Coat. Then drove over 700 miles across Monday and Tuesday on a business trip to Norfolk/Norwich and back, smashing through the 16k mile barrier along the way. I love doing big miles in it, so capable and comfortable, averaging an impressive 42mpg (with many full throttle overtaking moves coming back up the A17!)

MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!