Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785013 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2040 on: 13 April 2015, 15:51 »
And going back off topic:
Congrats MH! Somehow that compensation claim just kind of sums you up (in a hotukdeals and moneysavingexpert kind of way)!! Good news!

Yes, one hell of a result....eventually. They tried to cite a medical emergency (which is excusable under the regs for that flight), but that emergency caused a delay 4 flights before mine on the same aircraft. The flight before ours going out from Newcastle to Cancun was coming in from Florida. It hadn't even left Florida by the time we were due to board, and TUI hadn't considered laying on a different plane knowing ours was going to be 10 hours late.

MSE were instrumental in helping many people out when trying to chase these claims - TUI, Thomas Cook etc were trying to wriggle out of their responsibilities. Perhaps now they'll give a toss about the consequences of a delay and so take preventative measures rather than delay the customers without fear of recourse.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #2041 on: 13 April 2015, 15:53 »
Oh and back on topic, i ordered one!!  :lipsrsealed:

I think a little more information might be required...

+ 1 changing the R.....?

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2042 on: 13 April 2015, 16:26 »
Oh and back on topic, i ordered one!!  :lipsrsealed:

Another GTI?
« Last Edit: 13 April 2015, 16:28 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #2043 on: 13 April 2015, 16:32 »
Oh and back on topic, i ordered one!!  :-X

I think a little more information might be required...

+ 1 changing the R.....?

The R has already gone mate, driving a Touareg R line atm but i just couldn't get a GTI out of my head, long story but i've just ordered another one, Reflex silver with a few bells n whistles, not losing a penny on the Touareg and we're going to get my wife a nearly new Polo or similar so happy days!! Going to get a roof box for bigger holidays away with the nipper though.

I never really fell in love with the R the way i have with GTI, technically brilliant but lacking a little soul imo although thats not the only reason it's gone, the Touareg is an awesome bit of kit and goes like stink in a straight line, is perfect for the weeks away full of stuff but for the 2-3 weeks a year we go away in this country i'd rather have a car thats ideal 90% of the time and needs a box on the roof the other 10%.

And so the wait begins!!!! :D
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2044 on: 13 April 2015, 17:11 »
Happy days indeed Mr Moderator.
Seen a 7GTI in silver and it looks absolutely mega glistening in the sun.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2045 on: 13 April 2015, 17:33 »
Had a wander around my local dealership this morning, hoping to see a Polo GTI and compare it with a Mini Cooper. They don't have a GTI, but the Bluemotion GT (1.4ACT) impressed (apart from the seats, not a fan of the upholstery design). Saw a few new GTIs and GTDs, as well as a lone R DBP in Prets. All were on Bridgestone rubber.  :undecided: Does not bode well for mine.

Had a look at the Mini Cooper - the interior was definitely designed to please a toddler, Fisher Price had a hand in it i'm sure.  :sick:

And then the postie dropped me off a cheque for £873, relating to a 2011 holiday delay to Cancun i've been battling TUI for 2 years over (2 x E600 compensation as per EU longhaul flight delay regulations). Best day in a long time.

Be careful what you say about Bridgestone tyres as you might be accused of moaning! :laugh:

Congratulations regarding the windfall. It nice when surprises like this come about. Now if your R comes with Bridgetones, you can use part of this money to buy the desirable Michelin Tyres.

Hope the job interview goes well.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2046 on: 13 April 2015, 18:00 »
Had a wander around my local dealership this morning, hoping to see a Polo GTI and compare it with a Mini Cooper. They don't have a GTI, but the Bluemotion GT (1.4ACT) impressed (apart from the seats, not a fan of the upholstery design). Saw a few new GTIs and GTDs, as well as a lone R DBP in Prets. All were on Bridgestone rubber.  :undecided: Does not bode well for mine.

Had a look at the Mini Cooper - the interior was definitely designed to please a toddler, Fisher Price had a hand in it i'm sure.  :sick:

And then the postie dropped me off a cheque for £873, relating to a 2011 holiday delay to Cancun i've been battling TUI for 2 years over (2 x E600 compensation as per EU longhaul flight delay regulations). Best day in a long time.

Be careful what you say about Bridgestone tyres as you might be accused of moaning! :laugh:

Congratulations regarding the windfall. It nice when surprises like this come about. Now if your R comes with Bridgetones, you can use part of this money to buy the desirable Michelin Tyres.

It's not an accusation, it's fact!  :grin: Yes I might have to appropriate my half of the money to Michelin PSS, the missus is going to get some driving lessons with her half. Anyone want 19" Flintstones for £80 a pop?
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2047 on: 13 April 2015, 18:36 »

It's not an accusation, it's fact!  :grin: Yes I might have to appropriate my half of the money to Michelin PSS, the missus is going to get some driving lessons with her half. Anyone want 19" Flintstones for £80 a pop?

You are preaching to the converted. I agree with you. However, only eulogising all aspects of the R is deemed acceptable by some on this forum.

But first try it with the Bridgestones, that is if it comes with these. You might find that the 4WD masks the negative handling and road holding characteristics, though the noise component might tip the balance towards the Michelin.

On the BMW forum, the guys there have been shedding the Bridgestones like confetti and replacing them with Michelins. It is doubly bad when you have RF Bridgestones. Funny thing is I did not mind them; but they were not very good in the wet.

I did drive a BMW 330d M Sport with non-RF Michelins and it was a revelation. Completely transformed the car. Very, very good tyres I must admit.
« Last Edit: 13 April 2015, 20:54 by am1w »

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2048 on: 13 April 2015, 18:39 »
I'm certain you won't get bridgestones on the 19's Matt. It'll be pzeros or Dunlop's.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline C3PO

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2049 on: 13 April 2015, 20:34 »
I'm certain you won't get bridgestones on the 19's Matt. It'll be pzeros or Dunlop's.

Hope he doesn't, however, mine came on 19's with Bridgestone potenza's which I have to say so far (1500 miles worth) they seem ok, but it could just be the fact it's 4 wheel drive. :cool:
Mk6 GTI, 18" monza shadows, Leather, Bluetooth Phone - gone

Mark 7 R, 19" wheels, lapiz blue, 5 door, leather, reversing camera - gone

2018 Audi S5 Sportback, pano roof, LED Headlights  B&O sound system - gone

Current 2020 Golf GTI TCR, pure grey, pano roof , 90% tints and Akrapovic exhaust.