Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785022 times)

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2010 on: 11 April 2015, 09:58 »
Re-fitted a door seal on the driver's side which was badly fitted. VW quality control is pretty poor IMO.

Checked panel gaps, fit and finish and adjusted the Dynaudio.

I'm sure that could never happen on a mass produced Audi, built to the same procedures with nigh-on the same parts bin, no way at all.  :whistle:

:grin: :grin: :grin:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #2011 on: 11 April 2015, 10:27 »
My neighbour has just gotten rid of their audi as it kept getting wet in the drivers footwell,  after many many visits to Audi trying to get it fixed they have finally given up and got rid of it.

Re-fitted a door seal on the driver's side which was badly fitted. VW quality control is pretty poor IMO.

I'm sure that could never happen on a mass produced Audi, built to the same procedures with nigh-on the same parts bin, no way at all.  :whistle:

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2012 on: 11 April 2015, 10:52 »
They knew it was a lease when they built it!  :whistle: :grin:
I'm sure that could never happen on a mass produced Audi, built to the same procedures with nigh-on the same parts bin, no way at all. :whistle:

You are obviously THE ORACLE in these matters.  :whistle:
« Last Edit: 11 April 2015, 12:07 by am1w »
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2013 on: 11 April 2015, 13:35 »
Rained this morning. Car covered in Pink Cherry Blossoms. Picked them off one by one as once they dry in the sun they cause staining and are a bugger to remove. Besides, Red and Pink clash rather badly.

Moved car to a Cherry-Blossom-Free spot.

Offline Diehammer

• Here all the time
« Reply #2014 on: 11 April 2015, 13:40 »
Rained this morning. Car covered in Pink Cherry Blossoms. Picked them off one by one as once they dry in the sun they cause staining and are a bugger to remove. Besides, Red and Pink clash rather badly.

Chop it down, the one in my front garden will be getting removed soon
Golf GTD MK7 5 door Manual, Carbon Grey, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera.

Ordered 26/02/15  Build Week Confirmed 24/04/15 (BW21) Stage 5a 19/05/15 Stage 5b 21/05/15 Stage 5c 29/05/15 Stage 6 02/06/15 Stage 7 04/06/15 Pick Up 06/06/15

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2015 on: 11 April 2015, 13:43 »
Be careful chopping trees down. If the tree is healthy you're not allowed to just chop them down any more and if someone tells the council you'll be fined etc etc
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2016 on: 11 April 2015, 16:23 »

Chop it down, the one in my front garden will be getting removed soon

I love trees but they are a right PITA for cars, blossom, sap, not to mention the dreaded bird sh!t. That's why we've never planted any trees in our front garden, got loads in the back to make up for it.

Is the tree in your garden Asker?  If you live it a conservation area then you will most likely have to replace a chopped tree down like for like so defeats the object unless replacement is planted in a different location.  And don't forget it's now bird nesting season.  If it's a tree on the street then it probably belongs to the council or highway authority. 

The tree probably has more rights than you do  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 11 April 2015, 16:35 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2017 on: 11 April 2015, 17:42 »
Is the tree in your garden Asker?  If you live it a conservation area then you will most likely have to replace a chopped tree down like for like so defeats the object unless replacement is planted in a different location.  And don't forget it's now bird nesting season.  If it's a tree on the street then it probably belongs to the council or highway authority. 

Park on street in a Conservation Area. Street is lined on both sides with Cherry Blossom Trees. They look very pretty when in full bloom.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2018 on: 11 April 2015, 17:54 »

Park on street in a Conservation Area. Street is lined on both sides with Cherry Blossom Trees. They look very pretty when in full bloom.

I bet they do look very pretty.  Lovely having trees on the street scene, most of the time  :smiley:

You'll just have to vie for a non tree parking spot whenever you can, but then blossom can blow anywhere.  The blossom phase doesn't last long anyway.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Diehammer

• Here all the time
« Reply #2019 on: 11 April 2015, 22:47 »
My tree is in my front garden in a new build estate so i have no conservation areas to worry about  :grin:
Golf GTD MK7 5 door Manual, Carbon Grey, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera.

Ordered 26/02/15  Build Week Confirmed 24/04/15 (BW21) Stage 5a 19/05/15 Stage 5b 21/05/15 Stage 5c 29/05/15 Stage 6 02/06/15 Stage 7 04/06/15 Pick Up 06/06/15