Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785072 times)

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1980 on: 08 April 2015, 18:16 »
I turned the DRLs down.
You mean 'up'?  :wink:

Erm, well they were at 100 they are now at 50, do you mind if i consider that to be down  :laugh:

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #1981 on: 08 April 2015, 18:17 »
I've been running with the DRLs on at 100% with dipped beam for around 6 months and can't say I've noticed them being dazzling.
Certainly nobody has flashed me.  The DRLs really gets lost when the dipped lights are on.

Another worthwhile VCDS tweak is the fog lights on with full beam. It fair lights up the road.

Well i have a R so don't have fogs, what model do you have ?

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #1982 on: 08 April 2015, 19:32 »
Erm, well they were at 100 they are now at 50, do you mind if i consider that to be down  :laugh:
Lol yes - deff down in that case - the same route i went actually!

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #1983 on: 08 April 2015, 20:40 »
Another worthwhile VCDS tweak is the fog lights on with full beam. It fair lights up the road.

Yeah that is a great mod too.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #1984 on: 08 April 2015, 22:05 »

Sorry didn't realise. Mine is the GTD as in my sig  :whistle:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #1985 on: 09 April 2015, 09:28 »

Sorry didn't realise. Mine is the GTD as in my sig  :whistle:

Thanks,  i can't see signatures,  it must be turned off in my profile. 

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1986 on: 09 April 2015, 12:43 »
Tootled off to my friendly VW Service Centre this morning to get the following looked at:

(1) Tyre Pressures which were at 2.7 bar all round. They need to be at 2.5 bar all round. I had specifically asked them to check this pre-delivery, but they had not.

Tyre pressures now 2.5 bar all round and the ride has improved and is now satisfactory.

(2) Turn down to minimum Soundaktor or better still disconnect it. Have to book the car in for this and they will do it while I wait. They will not disconnect it but will turn it down to a minimum.

I will wait and see how much the Soundaktor annoys me or excites me in the next couple of weeks and decide what to do about it.

(3) Adjust latch on front passenger door so that door moves inwards around 0.5 mm (max) inwards. They say they cannot touch this but I will have to take it to their body shop. We checked a couple of GTIs and a GTD and they were exactly like mine. So it seems VW make them a bit wonky.

I might just not bother or do it myself. It is not a glaring fault, but does trigger off my OCD.
« Last Edit: 09 April 2015, 12:58 by am1w »
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1987 on: 09 April 2015, 13:44 »
(1) Tyre Pressures which were at 2.7 bar all round. They need to be at 2.5 bar all round. I had specifically asked them to check this pre-delivery, but they had not.

Imo, they rarely get tyre pressure right at dealerships.  How hard is it to read the sticker inside the fuel flap  :rolleyes:   Always one of the first things to check when car is in your possession.

(3) Adjust latch on front passenger door so that door moves inwards around 0.5 mm (max) inwards. They say they cannot touch this but I will have to take it to their body shop. We checked a couple of GTIs and a GTD and they were exactly like mine. So it seems VW make them a bit wonky.

Oh dear.  If mine's like that it's going to annoy me  :undecided:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1988 on: 09 April 2015, 13:50 »
Oh dear.  If mine's like that it's going to annoy me  :undecided:

It is a bit annoying but I felt much better as mine was not the only car with this fault. In fact, some were really quite a bit worse.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1989 on: 09 April 2015, 13:52 »
It is a bit annoying but I felt much better as mine was not the only car with this fault. In fact, some were really quite a bit worse.

So you're happier knowing everyone else has a wonky car  :tongue:

Is it more an aesthetic thing?  Or has it any detrimental effect on the door closure, seals etc?
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11