Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2784995 times)

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1950 on: 05 April 2015, 22:06 »
True love will come with time Asker!

I am sure it will Andy, but it will never be like the unmitigated lust I had and still have for my BMW which I still really miss hugely. Unfortunately, it was a bit of a land yacht, but one with superb refinement. Very different cars which fulfil their respective purposes extremely well.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1951 on: 05 April 2015, 22:47 »

I am sure it will Andy, but it will never be like the unmitigated lust I had and still have for my BMW which I still really miss hugely. Unfortunately, it was a bit of a land yacht, but one with superb refinement. Very different cars which fulfil their respective purposes extremely well.

Good to hear the car is going up in your estimation.  If you're still so 'in lust' with the BMW what prompted you to leave it for an R?
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1952 on: 06 April 2015, 12:22 »
Good to hear the car is going up in your estimation. If you're still so 'in lust' with the BMW what prompted you to leave it for an R?

The BMW was too big for me. I like hatchbacks and the best one I felt was the R. Plus, the cheap lease deal was a no brainer. Lust will come for the R with time I am sure.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1953 on: 06 April 2015, 16:57 »
Lust will come for the R with time I am sure.

Doesn't unadulterated lust normally come first?........followed by abject complacency  :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1954 on: 06 April 2015, 17:04 »
Lust will come for the R with time I am sure.

Doesn't unadulterated lust normally come first?........followed by abject complacency :laugh:

For normal people, yes. Fortunately or unfortunately, I don't quite fit that category.  :laugh:

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #1955 on: 06 April 2015, 17:25 »
After 9k miles - got the front and rear wheels swapped over - in the hope I will extend the original tyres life to the end of my ownership in a years time....

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1956 on: 06 April 2015, 18:15 »
Today, I had a go at removing slight puckering/bagginess from the front cloth seats.

(1) Driver's Seat: One seat base bolster along the top ridge was slightly puckered. A damp cloth and a steam iron sorted this.
(2) Passenger Front Seat: One section of the Alcantara on the seat base was a bit baggy. Application of a damp cloth and a bit of steam sorted this.

Now better than when new!

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #1957 on: 07 April 2015, 10:27 »
Now better than when new!

Havent you had the car like about 3 weeks???
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #1958 on: 07 April 2015, 11:01 »
After 9k miles - got the front and rear wheels swapped over - in the hope I will extend the original tyres life to the end of my ownership in a years time....

Ahem - swapped mine over at 7k with only 2mm left on the fronts. Trying to get them to last until I get back to the UK.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #1959 on: 07 April 2015, 12:13 »
I think I am being a bit optimistic - have Contis on mine and they do seem to have worn quickly.... looks like I will be buying four new tyres in six months time (or even less)  :cry: