Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785022 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1920 on: 29 March 2015, 13:06 »
Just been asked to take over as the moderator of that section and trying to get a nice little 'best of' detailing products list going. 
Congrats on your promotion Fraulein B!

Thanks M. Ex.

Bit of a surprise.  Happy to do my bit to help out on the forum  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1921 on: 29 March 2015, 13:14 »
Congratulations on your promotion. The Molly Maid for the GTI Forum. :grin:
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1922 on: 29 March 2015, 13:18 »
Congratulations on your promotion. The Molly Maid for the GTI Forum. :grin:

Thanks Asker.  You and your repertoire of rhyming monikers  :rolleyes:  :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1923 on: 29 March 2015, 13:21 »
Just been asked to take over as the moderator of that section and trying to get a nice little 'best of' detailing products list going. 
Congrats on your promotion Fraulein B!

Thanks M. Ex.

Bit of a surprise.  Happy to do my bit to help out on the forum  :smiley:

It's something to add to your cv!

"I moderate a sleep inducing section of a car forum for the anally retentive members of society, doing my bit for social care in an online community"   :laugh:

And what a great choice of moderator too, your passion and words of wisdom have obviously not fallen on deaf ears (or the typed form thereof).

On the subject of detailing, and keeping on topic: Today I went outside and admired the fine job the wind and rain had done removing the building site dust off my car - until I opened the fuel flap at which point depression set in once again, instantly.
You'd never believe how much crap was in there - how did all that get in there?
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1924 on: 29 March 2015, 14:19 »
"I moderate a sleep inducing section of a car forum for the anally retentive members of society, doing my bit for social care in an online community"   :laugh:

I can't deny it, but at least I'm not alone.  I see you ventured into the land of the anally retentive today to make a valuable (cough, cough) contribution, so that's you one step closer to becoming one of 'us'  :tongue: :kiss: :laugh:

And what a great choice of moderator too, your passion and words of wisdom have obviously not fallen on deaf ears (or the typed form thereof).

Why thank you  :smiley:

On the subject of detailing, and keeping on topic: Today I went outside and admired the fine job the wind and rain had done removing the building site dust off my car - until I opened the fuel flap at which point depression set in once again, instantly.
You'd never believe how much crap was in there - how did all that get in there?

On topic, I did exactly the same but without the building dust!  :sad:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #1925 on: 29 March 2015, 15:33 »
Looking great. I do like the looks of the GTD!
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1926 on: 29 March 2015, 15:41 »
I have never washed or cleaned a car in my life and I never will. Just cannot understand this self-car-cleaning mania which IMO is tantamount to self-flagellation.

I pay a professional to spruce my car once every 2-3 months (under my supervision and allied with a whip), just as I employ a cleaner every 2-3 days for my home. My leisure time (which is 100% of my waking hours) is far too valuable to indulge in such mundane and mind numbing exercises.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1927 on: 29 March 2015, 16:18 »
I have never washed or cleaned a car in my life and I never will. Just cannot understand this self-car-cleaning mania which IMO is tantamount to self-flagellation.

I pay a professional to spruce my car once every 2-3 months (under my supervision and allied with a whip), just as I employ a cleaner every 2-3 days for my home. My leisure time (which is 100% of my waking hours) is far too valuable to indulge in such mundane and mind numbing exercises.

Similarly I cannot understand how people can spend a not insignificant amount of money on a car, and a not insignificant amount of their leisure time on a car forum umming and ahhing over this option and that option, or sobbing over a kerbed alloy, only to pass it through a swirl inducing machine (car wash) or hand it to a man in a car park wielding a gritty rag  :tongue:   Present company excepted of course   :wink:

Won't be seeing you in the detailing section anytime soon then?  :laugh:

Anyway I've done nothing to my mk7 today because I haven't got one  :whistle:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1928 on: 29 March 2015, 16:23 »
Similarly I cannot understand how people can spend a not insignificant amount of money on a car, and a not insignificant amount of their leisure time on a car forum umming and ahhing over this option and that option, or sobbing over a kerbed alloy, only to pass it through a swirl inducing machine (car wash) or hand it to a man in a car park wielding a gritty rag  :tongue:   Present company excepted of course   :wink:
Won't be seeing you in the detailing section anytime soon then?  :laugh:
Anyway I've done nothing to my mk7 today because I haven't got one  :whistle:

Never use a car wash or the £10 hand job. Get a detailer to spruce-up my car.
And just because you are a Mod on the Detailing Forum, I will visit it as I love you.  :kiss:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1929 on: 29 March 2015, 16:35 »
Never use a car wash or the £10 hand job. Get a detailer to spruce-up my car.
And just because you are a Mod on the Detailing Forum, I will visit it as I love you.  :kiss:

I said present company excepted  :rolleyes:

You will be welcomed with open arms, my love  :smiley: :kiss:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual