Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2784999 times)

Offline Anygreg

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1810 on: 05 March 2015, 17:30 »
claimed on my insurance for theft.  lol

does that count??

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #1811 on: 05 March 2015, 17:32 »
claimed on my insurance for theft.  lol

does that count??

Doh.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1812 on: 05 March 2015, 17:53 »
I wax over sealant. oo er.

You and me both.  Living dangerously eh  :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1813 on: 05 March 2015, 18:43 »
drove the R for the first time this week and walked across the car park and thought it is really a tough act tomorrow, will after see tomorrow when i am at Geneva if anything tempts me  :cool:

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #1814 on: 05 March 2015, 21:01 »
Booth, can you apply the dodo juice wax by hand?

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1815 on: 05 March 2015, 22:40 »
Booth, can you apply the dodo juice wax by hand?

Yep, it's only suitable for applying by hand.  As it's a hard wax it'd be virtually impossible to apply with a DA.  I only rarely apply wax with a DA and on the odd occasion I have it's usually liquid wax (i.e, chemical guys butter wet wax) or at a push a paste wax but still buff off by hand.  Though you get a nice thin and even application by machine, it takes possibly longer than by hand so not really worth it imo.  It's just as easy to do manually and there's something very nice and tactile about lovingly waxing by hand  :laugh:.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1816 on: 05 March 2015, 22:43 »
drove the R for the first time this week and walked across the car park and thought it is really a tough act tomorrow, will after see tomorrow when i am at Geneva if anything tempts me  :cool:

Any pics from the show would be most welcome.  Have fun  :smiley:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Mr Savage

• I live here
« Reply #1817 on: 05 March 2015, 23:53 »
The only car punching into the R's territory at Geneva is the Focus RS but then you have to live with a manual gearbox and the guinea pig for their brand new all wheel drive system which has the strangest set-up in the world. A clutch at the front and a twin clutch at the back. Will be interesting to see how well it drives.

The Audi RS3 will easily be close to 50k after options are spec'd. Still arguably good value for money but 50k can get you a lot...
Current - MK7 Golf GTI - Tornado Red, 5 Door, DSG, Performance Pack, Dynamic Chasis Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Discover Navigation, Dynaudio.

On Order - MK7 Golf R - Pearlescent Black, 3 Door, DSG, Vienna Leather, Discover Nav Pro, Rear View Camera, High Beam Assist, Keyless Entry, Dynaudio (Tech Pack)

All gone.

Now;

MK7 Golf R - Lapiz Blue, 5 Door, DSG, Carbon Nappa, Discover Nav Pro.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1818 on: 06 March 2015, 00:21 »
The only car punching into the R's territory at Geneva is the Focus RS but then you have to live with a manual gearbox and the guinea pig for their brand new all wheel drive system which has the strangest set-up in the world. A clutch at the front and a twin clutch at the back. Will be interesting to see how well it drives.

The Audi RS3 will easily be close to 50k after options are spec'd. Still arguably good value for money but 50k can get you a lot...

Yes, the RS is an interesting prospect...

But the RS3??  Not one for overly showy cars, but for a car nudging £50k territory (for a well specced one), the RS3 looks just don't cut it, not even in a stealth, under the radar, way.  Needs to be more special. 

I'll stick with the R.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline virtual camper

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1819 on: 06 March 2015, 22:31 »
what have I done to my mk 7 today?
Driven it for the first time!

Not even done 50 miles yet!

But I have loaded the radio station logos up.