Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785022 times)

Offline KyleB

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1760 on: 25 February 2015, 18:33 »
10 miles is taking the piss a bit. What was their excuse?

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #1761 on: 25 February 2015, 19:10 »
As for the stone chip, probably not much I can do .The wife picked the car up which had been conveniently parked facing forward next to a lot of cars,she only noticed it when she got home.If I did Complain the dealer will just say I happen on the way home. As for the 10 mile joyride , the dealer will probably cover himself by saying it was making sure previous warranty work that I had done was all working ok.
Mk7 golf R DBP
MK7 golf gti pp red (sold)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #1762 on: 25 February 2015, 19:20 »
As for the stone chip, probably not much I can do .The wife picked the car up which had been conveniently parked facing forward next to a lot of cars,she only noticed it when she got home.If I did Complain the dealer will just say I happen on the way home. As for the 10 mile joyride , the dealer will probably cover himself by saying it was making sure previous warranty work that I had done was all working ok.

I understand your reasoning but by not saying anything just gives them carte blanche to continue the same treatment with others. I hate garages for things like this.
I'm now giving a garage 30 odd miles away the chance to treat my car properly as the ones round about me have all caused some damage in the past.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1763 on: 25 February 2015, 19:34 »

You may get the brush-off, but time is of the essence to persuade the dealership to acknowledge your complaint made. If you don't ask they definitely won't sort it, you just won't use them again and they will carry on regardless.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #1764 on: 25 February 2015, 20:10 »

I can appreciate they need to do a road test when completing warranty work...but 10 miles? A bit excessive. Fair point on the stone chip but it'd be worth registering a complaint.

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #1765 on: 25 February 2015, 20:31 »
I think I will complain now,if nothing else it might stop someone else having it done.i think I would've more annoyed if I wasn't picking up the R in a couple of months,bitter sweet is they will be having the car back with the stone chip they caused.
Mk7 golf R DBP

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1766 on: 25 February 2015, 21:36 »
I think I will complain now,if nothing else it might stop someone else having it done.i think I would've more annoyed if I wasn't picking up the R in a couple of months,bitter sweet is they will be having the car back with the stone chip they caused.

10 mile road test - no way that's warranted.  Must have been going a fair speed too for a stone chip to make such a big impact.

I would definitely register a complaint, you've got nothing to lose.  Can see why you wouldn't bother as you're close to chopping it in, but it's the principle of the matter.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Gazza

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1767 on: 25 February 2015, 21:49 »
Well today I got my 15 plate reg confirmed and the phone number for the 7 day insurance..... :grin:

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #1768 on: 25 February 2015, 21:58 »
You must tell the dealership when dropping off the car that under no circumstances is it to be driven by them... if it needs a 'test drive' then you will do it with the mechanic as passenger.
« Last Edit: 26 February 2015, 15:51 by Mark V GTD »

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #1769 on: 25 February 2015, 22:19 »

10 mile road test - no way that's warranted.  Must have been going a fair speed too for a stone chip to make such a big impact.

I would definitely register a complaint, you've got nothing to lose.  Can see why you wouldn't bother as you're close to chopping it in, but it's the principle of the matter.

I think they must love driving my car,when it was in for a new dsg,Catalytic converter, engine mount,etc,they had the car for a 3day test drive.The next time a car get serviced with them I'll make sure it has no petrol in it. Hopefully by complaining they might treat my next car with a bit of respect.
Mk7 golf R DBP