Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785077 times)

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1740 on: 19 February 2015, 20:26 »
Good choice ffrank the box really makes the car what it should be for me ! What are those boots ? Don't recognise the tread pattern ?
They are Vredestein Sessanta's (as per above replies :)), pretty unique tyres in that they are fitted asymmetrically as below:

Personally I love them, £70-75 a corner, wet and dry grip is excellent and they are (as I have found out in the GTD today) virtually silent.

Had my first service today, all went well and very nicely looked after at VW Swansea.

New rear spoilers now on order, dash vibration hopefully fixed (2 rubbing cables), front tyres fitted - VW charged £10 a corner - very reasonable, and car not washed as requested. Although they did seem to put some kind of anti rain coating on the windscreen!? Perhaps it's a bulletin due to the terrible wipers :)

Journey home confirmed my hopes based on past experience, the Sessanta's are brilliant tyres. The car is very very hushed now (they will get nosier with wear of course, but I had trouble detecting any road noise from the front), and the feel to them is great. Lots of standing water on the roads and the Vred's really didn't care, looking forward to some drier drives now too.

Got home and fitted the DTUK  :evil:

It was strange timing to be adding the DTUK, as the new tyres have made the car more refined and nicer to drive, which I'm sure nulled some of the DTUK's sensations. But, first impressions (on a quick drive to Tescos in, at times, torrential rain) the car feels very very smooth through the gears and the pull in 2nd was very noticeable.

Looking forward to some more thorough driving over the next few days.

Also, I stuck the DTUK on 3+1 as I thought this was what you were always using Matt - just seen it was actually 3+2 (I was probably thinking of your earlier copy of the software), so that's going to be another level too. I'm not sure what bhp 3+1 comes in at?

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1741 on: 19 February 2015, 21:47 »
Did a sprint today at Curborough in less than ideal conditions today, has to be said with traction control off the R is very controllable and will oversteer :)

« Last Edit: 19 February 2015, 22:43 by wigit »

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
« Reply #1742 on: 20 February 2015, 00:32 »
Great pic wigit. I bet that was fun :)

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #1743 on: 20 February 2015, 22:28 »

Hope that link works, don't really know how to embed a video on here

Change my indicators to flash alternatively :grin:

Well... i think it looks cool anyway, and so did Shark who are gonna send it to vwr to put on their pace ca'R'
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1744 on: 20 February 2015, 22:46 »
Great pic wigit. I bet that was fun :)

Love the pic as so menacing

When the track was fully wet its was 10s ahead of the next car was a lonely place, ironically the super sports were quicker on a full wet track than a greasy drying one, some with more track focused tyres nibbled that lead down, quite nice mugging a few exiges

Car was on a stock VW map, road tyres with esp off, love the pic taken, going to get some e marked track tyres for next time and see a trip to Demon Tweaks

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #1745 on: 22 February 2015, 12:26 »
Had my first service today, all went well and very nicely looked after at VW Swansea.
Can I ask what you paid? I'm being quoted 185.00 locally....

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #1746 on: 23 February 2015, 14:45 »

Well... i think it looks cool anyway, and so did Shark who are gonna send it to vwr to put on their pace ca'R'

Love that!
MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #1747 on: 23 February 2015, 14:49 »

Love that!

Ha glad you like it, obviously I cant see it when im driving but it looks cool as when I lock and unlock the car  :smiley:
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1748 on: 23 February 2015, 15:03 »
Found a crease on the door while washing the car, some A hole must have must have done it yesterday while I was shopping,does anyone know a good body shop in the Hitchin area that might repair it.

[/URL]

M&S Body Repairs in Datchworth (next to Stevenage), and ask for Mark Bullard.  He'll do a brilliant job.  Tell him Mark the accountant sent you  :smiley:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #1749 on: 23 February 2015, 17:39 »
Cheers matchboy I'll give them a call. At first I thought I was done in asda car park, but now I'm pretty sure it was done by the bin men ,maybe out of jealousy or just plain clumsy.
Mk7 golf R DBP
MK7 golf gti pp red (sold)