Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2784990 times)

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1730 on: 16 February 2015, 19:10 »
Got it back from the dealers after being repaired - 2 new wheels, track rod, whishbone and ACC alignment.

Interesting the ACC alignment was over £300 +VAT alone!!!

Total cost was just under £2k + VAT - insurance job apart from the £400 excess
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1731 on: 16 February 2015, 19:40 »
Finally fitted the VWR R600 intake, the Revo intake sounds like Darth Vader is in the glovebox, whereas the R600 sounds like he is under the bonnet and suits those who like to be more discreet

Offline Stuartr1024768

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1732 on: 18 February 2015, 17:50 »
Finished work early so rotated all 4 wheels around to get some more traction at the front.

Pro's: Now have 6mm on the fronts and way less wheel spin / tramping  :grin:
         Did not take too long with a trolley jack or two  !
         After 8 months and 16k miles my Hub's are completely rust free !
Con's:
         No amount of swapping them around changes the fact they are Bridgestones !
         Got the p£ss taken out of me by the neighbours kids (wot you doing that for ?)
         The news of someone trying to eek out Bridgestones will upset Monkeyhanger !
         Did I mention they are Bridgestones !  :whistle:
5 door GTD, Manual, Pure White, Flaps ! & DTUK Box

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
« Reply #1733 on: 19 February 2015, 11:54 »
Ha ha Stuart, at least they are not taking the p*ss for driving a GTD and not a GTI (as has happened to me with some of the cheeky locals!)

Today I'm fitting these goodies, I'll report back later, weather permitting!

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1734 on: 19 February 2015, 12:33 »
FFrank: You're in for some fun there! Enjoy the box.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1735 on: 19 February 2015, 17:57 »
I rang up VW UK today, for my fortnightly hope that my R build has moved forward, and it hasn't still BW16.

I say "still", but something has happened that might explain my being bumped back 12 weeks from my original date when I specced Pretorias.

I asked how long is considered reasonable for an R wait these days, and I was met with the answer of "30 weeks right now, but you're way under that with your 19 week projected wait + delivery".

"Hang on a minute....19 weeks to BW16 from Sept 24th order accepted?" was my reply.

"No, your order was accepted on Dec 4th".

Seems then that for my R, VW reset the clock when I added Pretorias, making me start my count all over again.

I'm sure (ish) that with me retaining the same tracker number, my dealership aren't pulling a fast one by leaving my order alone for extra stock to sell and ordering a fresh one for me.

On the assumption that my "new" order hasn't been treated with any favouritism, new R orders are perhaps anticipated to be fulfilled within 23/24 weeks now that the majority of cheap lease Rs have largely been built?

Offline Stuartr1024768

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1736 on: 19 February 2015, 19:32 »
Good choice ffrank the box really makes the car what it should be for me ! What are those boots ? Don't recognise the tread pattern ?
5 door GTD, Manual, Pure White, Flaps ! & DTUK Box

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #1737 on: 19 February 2015, 20:00 »
Don't recognise the tread pattern ?

I'll guess Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta as I had them on wifes car. Not a bad a choice  :laugh:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1738 on: 19 February 2015, 20:04 »
Don't recognise the tread pattern ?

I'll guess Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta as I had them on wifes car. Not a bad a choice  :laugh:

I thought that as soon as I saw them, but didn't bother replying as I didn't have clue how to spell it correctly.  :grin:

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #1739 on: 19 February 2015, 20:11 »
Coolest treads in the game imo, no good in snow but looks great lol had them on my first fr
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG