Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785042 times)

Offline wigit

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1590 on: 13 January 2015, 17:06 »
the Blue GT did undergo the revisions just kept same wheels, interior and bodykit, has new lights and interior

done 30k and proper workhorse, toying with swapping it for a Polo GTI but will probably keep it until new platform

Offline kenny.c

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1591 on: 13 January 2015, 17:09 »
The lights are still the optional original xenon units .... all other Polos now have full LED option...

Ken
GTI - PP

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1592 on: 13 January 2015, 17:27 »
Just talking about the led lights are they better having full led or or the bi xenons on the gtd/gti?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline kenny.c

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1593 on: 13 January 2015, 20:08 »
The only experience I have of full LED headlights was in a new Seat Leon.....I didnt think they offered any more light output or better beam pattern. Only difference is they are at full output almost instantly, where as the xenons on our GTI take 5 seconds or so to achieve full output.

So no real difference....maybe consume less energy..?? Maybe more reliable....but its to early with the LED tech to know for certain.

I know some top end Audi A7 cars get "full active" LED's.....something about each LED can be actively moved.....god knows...??

Ken
GTI - PP

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
« Reply #1594 on: 13 January 2015, 20:53 »
Quote from: kenny.c
I know some top end Audi A7 cars get "full active" LED's.....something about each LED can be actively moved.....god knows...??

Ken
Check this out:  :shocked:

CES 2015 BMW Audi Laser Headlights: http://youtu.be/-WvK5WC4ns0

Offline kenny.c

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1595 on: 13 January 2015, 21:50 »
Very smart.......even more so with the word laser in it.

Ken
GTI - PP

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #1596 on: 13 January 2015, 22:21 »
The only experience I have of full LED headlights was in a new Seat Leon.....I didnt think they offered any more light output or better beam pattern. Only difference is they are at full output almost instantly, where as the xenons on our GTI take 5 seconds or so to achieve full output.

So no real difference....maybe consume less energy..?? Maybe more reliable....but its to early with the LED tech to know for certain.

Ken

My brother in law has a Leon FR with Led headlights and they do seem very bright when looking head on at them but from behind the wheel they don't throw light any further than a standard light. Also, a big problem is just emerging in this winter weather. Led's don't get hot like  halogen or xenon so ice won't clear when you switch on and he has had to stop a couple of times to clear them as they are bobbins when covered in frost.
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1597 on: 17 January 2015, 18:47 »
tucked it away on the drive to make room for R number two

will post some pics when it has been detailed as after 18 miles needs a wash, have to admit night blue on the more door and 18s looks a great

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1598 on: 18 January 2015, 10:39 »
Congrats to Mrs Wigit!
Post some pics up anyway as a dirty R pic is better than no R pics!
It's a rare colour so will be interesting to see it.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
« Reply #1599 on: 18 January 2015, 10:57 »
tucked it away on the drive to make room for R number two

will post some pics when it has been detailed as after 18 miles needs a wash, have to admit night blue on the more door and 18s looks a great
Congrats also and hoorah for another NB :) I bet it looks great on the R, and when the sun comes out - bling bling bling.  :cool: