Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785070 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1490 on: 10 December 2014, 19:54 »
Today I swapped the GTI for a 1.4 Corsa courtesy car while it has a nose job.
Jeez, why do people buy Corsas in such big numbers? The quality is woeful and why anyone would choose one of these in front of a Kia or whatever baffles me. It really makes the VW interiors look top notch and those who sit on here slating SEAT interiors really ought to take a look at what else is out there for the same money. I was shocked how cheap and nasty the Corsa was. The engine feels like a 0.4
It picks up speed ok but feels totally flat.
A soulless car that feels like it's made of rubber.

Got some spare tyres swapped over on to the Seat Sport wheels....fitment for 19" 8J ET45 is perfect.....
Just waiting for new center caps to arrive.

Ken
They look awesome Ken, the mudflaps look good too.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1491 on: 10 December 2014, 21:20 »
Jeez, why do people buy Corsas in such big numbers? The quality is woeful and why anyone would choose one of these in front of a Kia or whatever baffles me. It really makes the VW interiors look top notch and those who sit on here slating SEAT interiors really ought to take a look at what else is out there for the same money. I was shocked how cheap and nasty the Corsa was. The engine feels like a 0.4

Totally agree with your corsa critique.  I had the misfortune to have the 1.2 as a courtesy car year whilst mine was having bodywork done after some twit dented it whilst it was parked up.

My heart sank when I saw it but I was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.  What a godawful car, really, really flat and had to be coaxed to gather any semblance of speed. You were lucky that your 1.4 picked up any speed, obviously that .2 makes all the difference  :grin: Gear changes hit and miss!

Interior was awful with acres of hideous plastic stretching from dash to windscreen.  It also had an endearing little quirk that when the tank was filled up it didn't register on the fuel gauge for about 50 miles and similarly the needle moved very erratically on the way down. 

I couldn't get back in the Gti quick enough.   :sick:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline kevinm

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1492 on: 10 December 2014, 22:24 »
I have just fitted genuine LED door warning lights from the new passat:

Current: His: 2020 M340i   Hers: 2019 GTD

Previous:
2014 GTI PP DSG
GTI ED30 DSG

Offline VWcezGTI7

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1493 on: 11 December 2014, 01:20 »
I have just fitted genuine LED door warning lights from the new passat:

They look awesome! How much did they cost you and were they difficult to fit? Looks so much better than the aftermarket bulb insert some people have used IMO...

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #1494 on: 11 December 2014, 10:22 »

Haha could not agree more. My wife had one on loan for a week recently as her own car was in for crash repairs (don't ask!).

I drove the Corsa briefly and actually thought it was dangerously underpowered. I pulled out of a junction and I could see a car coming in the distance but I thought I had loads of time. Nearly sh1t myself when the Corsa barely moved and the oncoming car was on my tail!

It did have standard heated seats and a heated steering wheel though which I thought was bizarre in such a car  :laugh:
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #1495 on: 11 December 2014, 10:28 »
my ex used to (may still) have a 1.3 cdti Corsa and it scared the crap out of me driving it, besides the evident lack of grunt, i thought the steering was downright dangerous tbh, felt like you could flip the thing if you turned too sharpish! Horrible thing, they may have fixed it on the newer ones but I tell everyone to stay away from them, for the money id rather have a fez-bomb!  :grin:
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline boydeee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1496 on: 11 December 2014, 18:13 »
Well, thanks to Vidman2 and this thread http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=261704.0 I popped on my winter wheels today

During:

After:

Very neat fit on the fronts!

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1497 on: 11 December 2014, 23:04 »
Unfortunately, I don't have a Mk7 as yet. But in my frustration with the inordinate wait, I tried to add the Pano Roof to my order and was told it was no longer possible as it would constitute a major change as the status of my car is more or less decided, whatever that means. I could change the colour or the wheels but nothing as radical as adding a Pano Roof. So I can do nothing to my Mk7. Damn, but I suppose looking on the bright side (though without a sun roof!) it has saved me near £1000.

Perhaps I will ask tomorrow if the Climate Windscreen could be added but without the Advanced Telephone Connection. I am sure it will be another no. Keyless entry perhaps? Worth a try even though I don't need/want it.

Waiting can be hard.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #1498 on: 12 December 2014, 08:00 »
Unfortunately, I don't have a Mk7 as yet. But in my frustration with the inordinate wait, I tried to add the Pano Roof to my order and was told it was no longer possible as it would constitute a major change as the status of my car is more or less decided, whatever that means. I could change the colour or the wheels but nothing as radical as adding a Pano Roof. So I can do nothing to my Mk7. Damn, but I suppose looking on the bright side (though without a sun roof!) it has saved me near £1000.

Perhaps I will ask tomorrow if the Climate Windscreen could be added but without the Advanced Telephone Connection. I am sure it will be another no. Keyless entry perhaps? Worth a try even though I don't need/want it.

Waiting can be hard.

I know your pain chap. Honestly, Keyless is one of my favourite options, having used it for nearly a year I wouldn't want a car without it. It's just brilliant. If you haven't already, the reversing camera is a cheap option at £160 too, nice little novelty.
MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!

Offline corgi

• I live here
« Reply #1499 on: 12 December 2014, 11:18 »
Does the convenience out-weigh the risk? I don't find it difficult pressing a button on my key-fob...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-29786320

On the local news last night West Midlands Police were reporting that a third of all car thefts in the last year were, so-called, "key-less thefts"... and the feeling was that the car would be gone within minutes of you leaving it...

Carbon Grey Metallic, GTD 3 Door Manual, Dynaudio and Advanced Phone Prep
In the Garage: 2010 Jaguar XKR 5.0 Supercharged Convertible replaced 2004 911 (996) Carrera 4S Cabriolet (15/3/15)