Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785031 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1470 on: 04 December 2014, 16:24 »
the 1 series does have looks only a mother could love

Bloody cheek.... :angry: :smiley:

Come on its not that bad looking 

C'mon Martin, admit it, it is that bad!

No, seriously, they look so much better in the flesh.  :grin:
I had a run out in an M135i last week and absolutely loved it.

Did the winter wheel oki koki as the council are starting to throw salt around.....Not ideal wheel size at 19" but I consider them shabby and id rather not have the polished GTI wheels on over the winter.

Also tried out some bargain OEM Seat Sport wheels I got...

Ken

I saw a set of those on ebay, they look like excellent winters.
Are they made by MAM? They look very similar to their RS2 design and and similar to Audi R8 alloys.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #1471 on: 04 December 2014, 16:24 »
Thanks guys!  :smiley:

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #1472 on: 04 December 2014, 16:41 »
the 1 series does have looks only a mother could love

Bloody cheek.... :angry: :smiley:

Come on its not that bad looking 

C'mon Martin, admit it, it is that bad!

No, seriously, they look so much better in the flesh.  :grin:
I had a run out in an M135i last week and absolutely loved it.

^ Those winter alloys above look superb  :cool:

Cheers Andy glad you enjoyed the M135i. Its a bit of beast power wise but not so fun at the moment in the colder weather so I'm poodling around at the moment.

However, having my winter wheels fitted tomorrow so things should improve. At least I can guarantee it won't snow down my way now after spending £1,600 out one these!

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline kenny.c

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1473 on: 04 December 2014, 17:19 »
"I saw a set of those on ebay, they look like excellent winters.
Are they made by MAM? They look very similar to their RS2 design and and similar to Audi R8 alloys."

You are correct...they was on Ebay being sold by a Seat dealership....they never sold so I contacted them directly and did a deal. When I picked these up im sure they had a couple of sets left.

Id have to check what info is on the wheel to confirm who makes them.

Those 19" which are on now are ET45 8.5J and sit just inside the wheel arch.....the Seat wheels are ET45 8J so will be a further 6mm in....so perfect. I should be getting the tyres swapped over during the weekend...cannot wait.

On a side note the Seat wheels are 11.5kgs.....not the lightest.....im unsure how that compares to the 19" Santiago option wheels.

Ken
GTI - PP

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1474 on: 05 December 2014, 17:01 »

Cheers Andy glad you enjoyed the M135i. Its a bit of beast power wise but not so fun at the moment in the colder weather so I'm poodling around at the moment.

However, having my winter wheels fitted tomorrow so things should improve. At least I can guarantee it won't snow down my way now after spending £1,600 out one these!

You know the rules - PHOTOS!

BBS SRs by any chance?

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1475 on: 06 December 2014, 10:14 »
Took the R for a blast down to Kent with the TSWs and Supersports back on and blown away by how these tyres perform in the wet on rural roads

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #1476 on: 06 December 2014, 10:44 »
Well, my alloy footrest turned up from the supplier in China and as a bonus, no import it VAT payable (result).

I was fearing it would look a piece of junk but to be honest, it's really well designed and built and looks very OEM with good quality plastics and metal.

I'll fit it later today and post up some pictures etc to see how well it fit etc.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #1477 on: 06 December 2014, 12:55 »
OK, just fitted it (took all of 5 minutes - just one screw).

Really pleased with the fit and finish and looks very OEM. It's slightly narrower than my original so think it's really designed for a manual car, but to be honest theres not much in it and it still feels very comfortable.

Anyway, to the pictures:

2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #1478 on: 06 December 2014, 14:07 »
Looks the part that mate. Is it literally screw in or did you have take anything off.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #1479 on: 06 December 2014, 14:50 »
Thanks Kyle, dead easy, just the one Torx screw you can see in one of the pictures on the side, then the whole unit slides upwards to release two plastic "claws" that locate the unit into the metal underneath on the floor and that's it. No other parts to take apart, literally took just a few minutes.

Only thing I did to do was slightly trim some plastic from the claws in the new parts as they were a bit tight compared to the original and I didn't want to snap them off when thumping the new unit down into position with my fist, and worked like a treat.