Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785022 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1360 on: 29 October 2014, 16:19 »
Received my boot protector and carpet (ebay special) for the lower section of the boot, so that all my work PPE gear and work jacket can be stored here safely without rattling around the Dynaudio sub. Means the top section is nice and free (apart from my bump cap).- Please excuse the Iphone pictures.

Lower section

Upper section

Also received from China (again Ebay), my rubber cover for my key (as I have keyless, the blade never gets flipped out). Should save the key from getting marked up

2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #1361 on: 01 November 2014, 07:59 »
Ok so last night i finally fixed a rattle in my passenger door in an unusual way. The rattle was coming from the shiny black fascia area around the handle, the bit that lights up basically. I noticed that if I pushed against it or the plastic panel it sat in then the rattle stopped.

I had tried fixing it in my usual manner of banging against it with my fist, but strangely this was only making it worse... So I had a brilliant idea. If I put something to the left of my glovebox area, you know the bit that you can pop where you'd expect to find the fuse box, then it would push against the door panel when it was closed and should in theory stop the rattle. Well a quick trip to halfrauds and a couple of adhesive door protectors later and low and behold it works perfectly. However they are ridiculously unsightly and do not blend in as they are clear and look stupid when I open the door, so I did a quick search and decided these would be perfect for the job: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fisual-Adhesive-Isolation-Pads-/150615853668?

Just fyi in case anyone has a rattle in their doors that they cant seem to get rid of, check the above and see if it stops. (may have to learn over while driving, so suggest a rather open road :smiley: )

Picture to go with my ramblings, no more rattle on both side :smiley:
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1362 on: 02 November 2014, 19:20 »
Today I did a swap around of cars with forum member James75 who has a GTD and a colleague of mine who has a face lifted Scirocco 150 TDI on hire for a few days.

An interesting experience, it's the first time I've driven a mk7 GTD having done many miles in a mk6 GTD as a friend of mine had one as a company car for a while.
The GTD felt slower revving but far more torquey than the GTI (obviously) and was doing around 45mpg on a slowish rural drive.
If I had to pick between the two I'd be hard pressed. Swings and roundabouts and on some days I'd prefer one and other days I'd prefer the other I reckon. James said "The GTI just feels like it wants to whizz up to its maximum speed all the time where as the GTD feels more relaxed but builds the speed quickly with its torque" or words to that effect.
As for the Scirocco, it's the first time I've seen a face lifted one in the flesh and I liked it, VW have done a good job but there's no disguising it's an ageing design, yet still turns a hell of a lot of (mostly female) heads. The 150 feels slow compared to the 184, I don't care what road testers say.
So, if I were to put all three together to make one car then the Scirocco has the looks, the GTI has the diff and brakes and the GTD has the grunt - so lets have a 184 TDI with PP diff and brakes, tuning box and a few of the nice electrical upgrades the MQB cars have...  :laugh:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #1363 on: 03 November 2014, 13:52 »
Installed my trinket tray for the main console storage box (under the arm rest). Purchased from Ebay and shipped from HK for £11.60 delivered.

It just lifts out and allow me to store most of my crap underneath (microfibre cloths, torch, pens etc.), but with keys / coins etc. easily accessible.

« Last Edit: 03 November 2014, 13:55 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline dave7268

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1364 on: 03 November 2014, 19:27 »
Like the trinket tray - do you have a link for the seller on ebay for it and also for the boot protector and carpet (ebay special) for the lower section of the boot that you got, please? How's the fit with the boot protector?

:smiley:
7GTI PP DSG - no longer

Offline Justinitus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1365 on: 04 November 2014, 09:29 »

Also received from China (again Ebay), my rubber cover for my key (as I have keyless, the blade never gets flipped out). Should save the key from getting marked up

Do you have the eBay link for the key cover by any chance? Many on eBay but yours is a nice one and I can't seem to find it! Cheers

Jus
Current: 2017 Golf R Estate DSG, Pure White.
Previous: 2014 Golf GTD DSG, Tornado Red.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #1366 on: 04 November 2014, 11:19 »
Ebay links for the items above as a number of people have asked me for them.

Rubber Key Cover
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251675777938?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Trinket Tray for centre console
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191265734577?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Lower Boot liner (with mat)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281275775018?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The upper boot liner on my photo above, is a genuine VW one thrown in for free when I collected the car, but ther'es plenty on ebay very similar for a lot less money than they want.

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #1367 on: 04 November 2014, 12:09 »
Had my Michelin Pilot Alpins fitted as it's just about to start dropping into single digits.. It was 4 degrees on my drive to work this morning!

Also gave it a wash and another coat of CarPro Reload whilst I was at it!

What I can tell you about the winters is that even at 10-12 degrees, all round performance is miles better than the Bridgestone S001's. Ride comfort is better, tyre roar is reduced and overall grip is immense! For the first time, I'm looking forward to it getting cold and seeing how they cope in freezing temps.
MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #1368 on: 04 November 2014, 16:53 »
Ive been sh1tting myself for when the time comes to change tyres as obviously both the GTI and GTD have diamond cut alloy faces, and I have this irrational fear that the tyre company is going to damage them. Looking at your final picture it looks like the tyre company did a good job ?

Any worries or issues about removing the old tyres and fitting the new ones ?

If it's not a too personal question, how much did a set run you please ?

Offline virginVWman

• Here all the time
« Reply #1369 on: 04 November 2014, 18:31 »
Need to change the front tyres ASAP, they are fecked. However, getting an R in March, been looking at tyres with Farmers Autocare -  Firestone 22540Y18 XL SZ90 (92Y) - £88.00 per tyre fitted, just front 2 i need. Cheap tyres but not spending £120 + per tyre for 5 months or am i just being typically Scottish and tight?
Mk VII 3dr GTD in DBP
Fitted DTUK Stage 2 (CRD-T)