Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785023 times)

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1340 on: 23 October 2014, 16:36 »
http://www.midlandsmars.co.uk/alloywheel.php

well thats what cheaper and quicker looks like lol.

How bad is it? Could a mobile bloke just touch it up?
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1341 on: 23 October 2014, 16:52 »

On the home front, partner's treatment hopefully in final phase, and looking ahead to better times  :smiley:

Good news Madamoiselle Boothette, still got everything crossed for you all and better times just around the corner.

You'll soon be able to cure my insomnia with your 7R 'detailing' stories!    :laugh:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1342 on: 23 October 2014, 18:51 »

On the home front, partner's treatment hopefully in final phase, and looking ahead to better times  :smiley:

Good news Madamoiselle Boothette, still got everything crossed for you all and better times just around the corner.

You'll soon be able to cure my insomnia with your 7R 'detailing' stories!    :laugh:

C'mon, you know you love those threads, Herr X.  Best steer clear of the detailing section unless you fancy slipping into a perpetual coma  :grin:

Course I realise detailing is hardly your priority since your GTI rarely makes it out of the garage  :tongue:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1343 on: 23 October 2014, 22:45 »
That section is blocked from access as soon as I log in Prinzessin Booth!
The mere thought of people randomly quoting product names and methods of application just fills me with zzzzzzzzzzzz...

Sorry, nodded off there!

Garages, yes, don't talk to me about garages... Grrrrrrr

And you'll be pleased to know that for the third day on the trot my little brown GTI has been coming to work with me! I'm so proud of myself right now!!!  :lipsrsealed:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1344 on: 24 October 2014, 14:03 »
The mere thought of people randomly quoting product names and methods of application just fills me with zzzzzzzzzzzz...

Sorry, nodded off there!

And you'll be pleased to know that for the third day on the trot my little brown GTI has been coming to work with me! I'm so proud of myself right now!!!  :lipsrsealed:

Garage problems...?  elaborate   :huh:

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1345 on: 24 October 2014, 15:39 »

Sorry, nodded off there!

Garage problems...?  elaborate   :huh:

I'd hate to go off topic so I'll just have to rewind to "What have you done to your MK 7 today ?" a couple months ago (I can be excused as I had no internet at the time).

Well, shiny new house, moved into at a rush following a frantic couple months which I won't bore you about too much.
New house = building site.
Building site in summer = dust x lots and lots and lots.
New house has garage aperture the same size as old house BUT what I didn't/couldn't check before buying was that the door mechanism ate up into more of the aperture = mirrors won't go past!
Shiny always garaged car now living outside covered in filth  :cry:
To quote the site manager: "When I came back off holiday and spotted you'd moved in then saw your car I nearly cried…"

And now the saharan dust bowl has turned into a muddy quagmire.
And at this point I shall shed some more tears!  :cry: :cry: :cry:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline marnie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1346 on: 24 October 2014, 16:13 »
Tell him to take the door off and put a shutter on the front.
Mk7 GTI 5 Dr

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1347 on: 24 October 2014, 16:38 »
Tell him to take the door off and put a shutter on the front.

I've grown to love my matt brown GTI now, saves me getting a shed keeping all my junk in the garage…
In fact it might be a good excuse to buy a nice mk1 GTI to fit in the garage, with the only slight snag being flat broke!

Que sera sera!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1348 on: 24 October 2014, 18:05 »
I'd hate to go off topic so I'll just have to rewind to "What have you done to your MK 7 today ?" a couple months ago (I can be excused as I had no internet at the time).

Well, shiny new house, moved into at a rush following a frantic couple months which I won't bore you about too much.
New house = building site.
Building site in summer = dust x lots and lots and lots.
New house has garage aperture the same size as old house BUT what I didn't/couldn't check before buying was that the door mechanism ate up into more of the aperture = mirrors won't go past!
Shiny always garaged car now living outside covered in filth  :cry:
To quote the site manager: "When I came back off holiday and spotted you'd moved in then saw your car I nearly cried…"

And now the saharan dust bowl has turned into a muddy quagmire.
And at this point I shall shed some more tears!  :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh dear X-man!   But as said you can replace or reconfigure the door. 

I sympathise as I too am bereft of garage since mine was converted into a gym by my other half years ago, so my car also lives a miserable existence on the drive, at the mercy of the elements  :cry:  Still manage to keep it clean though.......something called 'detailing'.... you may have heard of it :tongue:

Also feel your despair at the persistent dust that comes with house building.  We bought our place as a bungalow and turned it into a house, still living in it throughout the entire build.  They built up the sides put the new roof on and then whipped out the old roof.....kinda like the old tablecloth trick.  But the dust  :shocked:  It remained for many, many months, long after the work was complete  :angry:

Hang on in there, there will come a day when you are dust free  :smiley:

Btw nice sig  :grin:
« Last Edit: 24 October 2014, 22:22 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1349 on: 25 October 2014, 04:34 »
Unfortunately Boothykins they're building about a dozen or more houses in the same road as mine right now so the filth will be with me for quite some time.
I always wanted a brown GTI anyway, honest!

I can't believe a car lover such as you allowed your garage to be turned into a gym? Surely the garage is hallowed ground?!!!
That's true love if ever there was! Or was it just an added excuse to feed your detailing fetiswith extra car cleaning?!!!  :grin:

Anyway, today I beheld my poor lowly GTI covered in mud and building site filth and sighed a sigh of despair  :cry:

Can someone lend me some snow foam?!!!

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner