Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785022 times)

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1320 on: 17 October 2014, 22:19 »
Maybe Bridgestones on the GTI and GTD has been a clever ploy by VW to get us all into Rs and other 4WD VWs?  :whistle:

The R comes on Bridgestones too. :'(
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1321 on: 18 October 2014, 11:40 »
Maybe Bridgestones on the GTI and GTD has been a clever ploy by VW to get us all into Rs and other 4WD VWs?  :whistle:

The R comes on Bridgestones too. :'(

You might have better luck on the 18" Cadiz than the 19" Pretorias. Everyone on Prets seems to be getting Potenzas, are we still experiencing the mix of tyres on the 18" GTI/GTD and now R cars that we were a year ago (Conti 2/Dunlop SP01/Pirelli P7 and Bridgestones?) I hope so. This time around i'm not putting up with Potenza's, i'll have them off and sold on day 1 if my R comes with them.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1322 on: 18 October 2014, 11:53 »
Tell Mick you don't want the car if it arrives with bridgestones on. Ask him to change them before hand over.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1323 on: 19 October 2014, 10:25 »
Today my car has a flat battery.
Lack of use.
Time to put breakdown cover to good use! 
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #1324 on: 21 October 2014, 15:08 »
For the first time since I collected my GTI in March I tried 'Eco' mode. I never thought I'd use it but curiosity got the better of me whilst visiting a customer about 80 miles away this morning, and I was surprised, and very impressed by it.

The way the coasting function works is very impressive and I like the way it picks the gear back up to give you engine braking as soon as you hit the brake pedal.

So much so, on a 160-mile round trip I averaged 38mpg on a mix of Motorway/Stop Start and rush hour A-Road driving.

Excellent.
MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!

Offline marnie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1325 on: 21 October 2014, 21:57 »
Did a trip home from Gt. Yarmouth yesterday. Same mix of roads and traffic. This was in normal mode in a GTI I thrashed as hard as I could for the first 20 miles from new and it still hasn't used any oil.
« Last Edit: 22 October 2014, 10:38 by marnie »
Mk7 GTI 5 Dr

Offline Fabio Bignose

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1326 on: 22 October 2014, 07:14 »
Had new rear shock absorbers fitted (DCC suspension)

Took the car in a few weeks ago due to creaking type noises and a search revealed that there is a re- worked shock available for my chassis number.
Mk7.5 GTD. DCC, Keyless, Dynaudio, Tech pack, Alarm, Isaac Blue
Mk7 GTD. Xenons, 18", Climate Control, Keyless, Alarm, ( all optional in Ireland...! ) Dynaudio, DCC,
CSG.
Mk6 GTD. Alarm, CSG.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1327 on: 22 October 2014, 08:12 »
Interesting you have DCC Fabio. My dealership denied all knowledge of a different damper on mine! A stern phone call me thinks today.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #1328 on: 22 October 2014, 08:28 »
+1 Mcmaddy, my dealer has always told me there are no outstanding 'recall' things on my car and its dcc too and ive ALWAYS had a creak!
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline marnie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1329 on: 22 October 2014, 10:53 »
With regard to dashcams and insurance . I informed my insurer and they made a note on my policy and said it did not affect my premium. They didn't ask me to remove it when not in use and it's useful to have it wired in for leaving running in carparks, mine isn't. There is a shut off in the wired in unit to prevent the car battery being depleted. I had it in my previous car for two years before transferring it to the GTI and being in front of the mirror it's not obvious to a casual glance. I leave it in place permanently.
Mk7 GTI 5 Dr