Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785023 times)

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1280 on: 19 September 2014, 22:19 »
The parcel shelf only fits under the boot floor if the floor is in the higher position, if the boot floor is lowered and you still want to remove the parcel shelf it fits quite well behind the back seat after a bit of jiggling.
5 door.
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline marnie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1281 on: 21 September 2014, 23:14 »
Stalled the engine while reversing into my drive and found it immediately restarts itself!
Mk7 GTI 5 Dr

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #1282 on: 22 September 2014, 08:45 »
Spent the weekend giving the car a full clay then a polishing with AF Tripple, followed by a coat of C2V3, following my very stupid decision to leave my car parked under a large tree most of last week whilst at a hotel on a company course, to come back after 4 days to find it covered in sap  :angry: The paintwork was like sandpaper. Gave me a good excuse to polish out a number of small scratches the car had picked up over it's first year, so it probably needed doing anyway.

Also fitted the front door courtesy lights in the lower door panel, following kevinm's great guide on here. Very pleased with the result and gives a really good amount of illumination down on the floor (white light) and as an active reflector (red light) to show the door opened. Compliments the ambient lighting really well.

As the GTI's and GTD's (and the "R" for that matter) are VW's premium Golf models, they should have really come with these as standard, as even the lower model Audi A3's have them !
« Last Edit: 22 September 2014, 08:47 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1283 on: 22 September 2014, 18:36 »
Just swapped my back wheels for fronts. The former fronts have about 3mm left on them - hopefully they'll last out legal on the backs to March when I should be picking up my new R. All in took 3/4 of an hour. Just as testament to how rigidly the electronic handbrake holds the back wheels, I was able to fully tighten the back wheels while they were off the ground, and no movement of the wheels while doing so. 3/4 of an hour all in, including remembering how all the tools go back into the jack holding block of Polystyrene and getting the spare back in the car and secured. Thought that was good going.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline kenny.c

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1284 on: 22 September 2014, 22:49 »
Finally got round to booking some paint correction and Gtechniq treatments.....

Ken
GTI - PP

Offline kenny.c

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1285 on: 29 September 2014, 12:57 »
Fitted and coded some heated washer jets.....

Thanks to mihaelo1...coded for all 4 rear light clusters to act as brake lights...

STG09 (Central Electronics)> Access Authorisation: 31347 > Adaptation Channels> Channel (8 )-Leuchte27 NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion C27" > "Brake light on" set (default: nicht aktiv)

STG09 (Central Electronics)> Access Authorisation: 31347 > Adaptation Channels > Channel (10)-Leuchte27 NSL RC6-Dimming CD27" > on 100 Set(default: 0)

Good day
Ken

GTI - PP

Offline mihaelo1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1286 on: 29 September 2014, 19:18 »

Thanks to mihaelo1...coded for all 4 rear light clusters to act as brake lights...

Great. Looks better doesnt?  :cool:

Offline mihaelo1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1287 on: 29 September 2014, 19:31 »
Yesterday i have protected my GTD with Hydro2 from CarPro. Result is great and my car is now well protected and it looks better - it has more shine :whistle:.

Here is bottle of Hydro2 (500ml)

You need sprayer bottle

Car must be washed first

Hydro2 on the car

Here is the final result

and here is short movie what Hydro2 can do :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WSOQ5_Uwkk

Offline kenny.c

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1288 on: 29 September 2014, 19:38 »

Great. Looks better doesnt?  :cool:

Yes great tweak...thanks for the info...
GTI - PP

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #1289 on: 02 October 2014, 09:59 »
dropped her off for a 10k service, courtesy car is a new scirocco tdi with dsg...

Now im assuming its a 150bhp as its a courtesy car, plus it doesnt look too special. I like the boost gauges although a little pointless, but the rest of the interior scream last gen, the mfd is straight out of my mk2 FL leon and annoyingly it looks like it was specifically built for LHD cars as the satnav literally tilts towards the passenger seat!

As for the DSG, i dont know if its just cos its a diesel but i dont like it, it stays in gear far too long for no reason when your hammering it and i was surprised how slow the responses were on the gear change, even in sport mode. Ride is nice though, very comforting although i certainly miss my brakes coming up to a corner lol.

I will say one thing though it is faster than i thought it would be, dont know if thats a plus point for the new tdi's or the dsg though
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG