Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785009 times)

Mrs Stretts

Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1250 on: 01 September 2014, 13:53 »
Collected my GTi from the dealers & discovered I also had three years free servicing thrown in.  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Offline virginVWman

• Here all the time
« Reply #1251 on: 01 September 2014, 17:44 »
Warning lights came on regarding low oil levels so had to top up after 13, 500 miles. Should have checked this well before the warning came up
Mk VII 3dr GTD in DBP
Fitted DTUK Stage 2 (CRD-T)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1252 on: 01 September 2014, 18:44 »
Warning lights came on regarding low oil levels so had to top up after 13, 500 miles. Should have checked this well before the warning came up

Are you on longlife servicing, or has your low oil light come up literally 3500 miles after standard service 1? If on standard service, i'd suggest VW topped it up on the low end after oil change if you never previously needed a top-up between new and service 1. Either that or you have a small oil leak because they didn't tighten the drain nut back up properly with a new compressible copper washer/tightened up the new oil filter following service 1.
« Last Edit: 01 September 2014, 18:45 by monkeyhanger »
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline virginVWman

• Here all the time
« Reply #1253 on: 01 September 2014, 18:54 »

Are you on longlife servicing, or has your low oil light come up literally 3500 miles after standard service 1? If on standard service, i'd suggest VW topped it up on the low end after oil change if you never previously needed a top-up between new and service 1. Either that or you have a small oil leak because they didn't tighten the drain nut back up properly with a new compressible copper washer/tightened up the new oil filter following service 1.

Terrible for me to admit this bit I dont actually know. When I had the audi they would always call me to arrange or let me know of the impending service or it would appear on the car. Maybe it will be a service come November, a year since ive haf the var. I cant remember being spoken to about anything other than a standard service. On another forum I read that this is common for such a new car to just drink oil. Never have any puddles when I leave in the morning so no leak I wouldnt have thought. Think a call to vw servicing dept tomorrows in order.
« Last Edit: 01 September 2014, 19:00 by virginVWman »
Mk VII 3dr GTD in DBP
Fitted DTUK Stage 2 (CRD-T)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1254 on: 01 September 2014, 19:05 »

Terrible for me to admit this bit I dont actually know. When I had the audi they would always call me to arrange or let me know of the impending service or it would appear on the car. I cant remember being spoken to about anything other than a standard service. On another forum I read that this is common for such a new car to just drink oil. Never have any puddles when I leave in the morning so no leak I wouldnt have thought. Think a call to vw servicing dept tomorrows in order

VWs are set-up for long-life servicing at the factory - the computer is set that way and they are filled with long life oil. The dealers usually change the regime to annual (time/distance) so they get regular revenue from you. If you paid for a service pack (or got one free) you should definitely be on time and distance. If you were on time and distance, you should be getting a 1000 mile countdown for service one from 8400 miles, ending at 9400 miles when the car wants a service. If the car hasn't asked for a service yet, you should be on long life, and the car may not ask for one until 18k miles.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #1255 on: 03 September 2014, 15:24 »
Looked in envy at the entertainment system in my Mrs new polo which is much better than the one in the GTi  :rolleyes:
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #1256 on: 03 September 2014, 20:22 »
Collected my GTi from the dealers & discovered I also had three years free servicing thrown in.  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Where's the photo's ???
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #1257 on: 03 September 2014, 20:49 »
   W....t.....f..... vw plastics at their finest!
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline GerryD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1258 on: 03 September 2014, 21:37 »
Well I picked mine up.    :cool:
Put the new mats in to save the floor and had a 15 mile run to get used to it.

Cars are so complicated now!   :laugh:
Tornado Red Mark 6 GTI
Carbon Steel Grey Mark 7 GTD

Previous: Mark 3 TDI GL
              Mark 4 GT TDI
              Mark 5 GT TDI

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1259 on: 04 September 2014, 16:52 »
Looked in envy at the entertainment system in my Mrs new polo which is much better than the one in the GTi  :rolleyes:

My missus picked up her new GTD two days ago, and she has the DNS Pro - it is so much better than the DNS - I'm jealous too  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....