Author Topic: TPMS  (Read 3345 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: TPMS
« Reply #10 on: 26 September 2018, 17:01 »
Check some of the German online alloy wheel retailers like felgenoutlet.de as they offer a Configurator to show what the wheels look like on the vehicle plus have a dedicated search option (in English too) for winter wheels.
Then find the same wheel cheaper on tyreleader!  :grin:

Also there are plenty of less fashionable VW group wheels that’ll fit a mk7 on eBay, don’t just look for specific mk7 wheels.
Any questions about fitment can be posted here.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 26 September 2018, 17:35 »
Check some of the German online alloy wheel retailers like felgenoutlet.de as they offer a Configurator to show what the wheels look like on the vehicle plus have a dedicated search option (in English too) for winter wheels.

Also there are plenty of less fashionable VW group wheels that’ll fit a mk7 on eBay, don’t just look for specific mk7 wheels.

I still want it to look fashionable with its winter shoes on! :grin:
Sold - Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi. Shark remap. EGR Delete. Decat. H&R Shocks. Hybrid Turbo.

Sold - 2016 GTI PP, Manual. Pure White. Keyless.

Current - GTI Performance, DSG, Isaac Blue, Brescia 19”.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 26 September 2018, 17:58 »

I still want it to look fashionable with its winter shoes on! :grin:

I think the AEZ Raise alloys are a good looking wheel; a nice simple design that’s easy to clean (an important consideration for me!)

They do the wheel in more than one finish, be careful if using them purely as winter wheels as the ones with the dark inner sections have machine polished faces like the factory VW wheel.

As Exonian has said, they’re available in more than one finish. The ones you provided the link to in your first post in this thread are diamond cut, and I’d avoid getting wheels with diamond cut faces for winter use and get a more durable powder coated / painted version instead. IMO diamond cut wheels aren’t as durable as powder coated / painted alloys; they often don’t cope too well during winter use and can succumb to the dreaded white worm corrosion. Many alloy wheel retailers actually state that diamond cut wheels aren’t suitable for winter use.
« Last Edit: 26 September 2018, 19:18 by SRGTD »
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 26 September 2018, 19:12 »
Many alloy wheel retailers actually state that diamond cut wheels aren’t suitable for winter use.

I'm sure I've read that in an Audi brochure too.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 26 September 2018, 19:46 »
Could spend hours playing with this wheel configurator.

https://www.dezent-wheels.com/EN/magazine/dezent-3d-configurator

Sold - Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi. Shark remap. EGR Delete. Decat. H&R Shocks. Hybrid Turbo.

Sold - 2016 GTI PP, Manual. Pure White. Keyless.

Current - GTI Performance, DSG, Isaac Blue, Brescia 19”.

Offline Ibdrew

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 26 September 2018, 19:51 »
Thanks for the advice.
My car has Santiago’s at the moment and has suffered from whiteworm previously I tried to get them replaced/refurbished under warranty but two local vw dealers wouldn’t play ball,but fortunately I’d taken out wheel and alloy insurance when I bought the car and after the wheels mysteriously suffered some minor kerbing I got them refurbed.   :whistle:

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 26 September 2018, 22:58 »
Further to Exonian's post, any 17, 18 or 19 inch OEM wheels from the Golf Mk6 & Mk7, SEAT Leon Mk2 & Mk3, Audi A3 Mk2 & Mk3, Skoda Octavia Mk2 & Mk3 should fit.

Diamond cut look great, but aren't really durable enough for use in harsh winter conditions.
7.5 GTD