Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 789610 times)

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #600 on: 06 November 2014, 09:06 »
do they still come on with the flash as well or is it one or the other cos tbh id rather it come on with a flash as that'd look cooler  :cool:
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline valvebounce

• Not said much yet
« Reply #601 on: 06 November 2014, 13:15 »
Edit - apologies, Yes you can have both but you need to combine the previous instructions to do so, change 4 adaption channels:

Adaptation Channel                          Old Value    New Value    
(8 )-Leuchte12NL LB45-Lichtfunktion C 12    not active    Left high beam    (constant high beam)
(9)-Leuchte12NL LB45-Lichtfunktion D 12    not active    Lichthupe generell (Flash high beam)

(8 )-Leuchte13NL RB5-Lichtfunktion C 13     not active    Right high beam    
(9)-Leuchte13NL RB5-Lichtfunktion D 13            not active    Lichthupe generell
« Last Edit: 06 November 2014, 14:16 by valvebounce »

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #602 on: 06 November 2014, 13:44 »
Just tried the first set of instructions for operation with high beam but no fog lights came on - the commands were all accepted.... I don't seem to be able to get anything to work first time with VCDS....

Does this require a re-set in the vehicle lighting menu (ie; the normal one via the head unit) in the same way the indicator comfort flash adjust does?
« Last Edit: 06 November 2014, 16:25 by Mark V GTD »

Offline valvebounce

• Not said much yet
« Reply #603 on: 06 November 2014, 21:11 »
Yes I know what you mean, VCDS is flaky now and again. I just did this from scratch and it worked without the need to reset the light settings on the CMStouch screen menu. Did you close the controller fully before disconnecting or switching off the ignition? Have you set the light intensity to 127 on these 2 channels too?:
(10)-Leuchte12NL LB45-Dimmwert CD 12 and (10)-Leuchte13NL RB5-Dimmwert CD 13

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #604 on: 06 November 2014, 21:27 »
Thanks guys.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #605 on: 07 November 2014, 09:43 »
Valvebounce - thank you for that but I am confused now!

I managed to sort out the DRL to 100% issue so thats all fine now thanks.

The problem was with the fog lights on with high beam as detailed by Sootchucker at the foot of the previous page. I will give it another go later on and report back...

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #606 on: 08 November 2014, 10:28 »
Some awesome new tweaks there.  Keep'em coming  :smiley:

I have just done the fogs lights when you flash main beam (only) and the full rear brake lights.  Looks the nuts.

I wanna make a couple more changes:

- CAN gateway controller [19] and enable the check mark on Byte [8] Bit [4]

- '08 - HVAC', then to Byte 11 and tick bit 6

but Im a bit confused on what I actually do when I go into CAN gateway 19 or 08 HVAC.  It may be that I am missing something obvious but were do I then go to get to byte 11 to tick bit 6 for example?

Thanks
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline valvebounce

• Not said much yet
« Reply #607 on: 08 November 2014, 20:39 »
You open the controller, either 19 or 8, press the 'coding' button, then the 'long coding helper' button, then move along the boxes until it reads byte 11, then tick/unstick the bit 6 box. Exit the screen and you should see the current and new long code, one of the numbers in the string should be different in the new coding box. Press 'do it' and it will be applied. Best to copy the original number before you apply just in case you need to revert. If you want screenshots, see here, this is an excellent reference site:
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f197/mkvii-vcds-tweak-reference-thread-98034.html

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #608 on: 09 November 2014, 09:22 »
You open the controller, either 19 or 8, press the 'coding' button, then the 'long coding helper' button, then move along the boxes until it reads byte 11, then tick/unstick the bit 6 box. Exit the screen and you should see the current and new long code, one of the numbers in the string should be different in the new coding box. Press 'do it' and it will be applied. Best to copy the original number before you apply just in case you need to revert. If you want screenshots, see here, this is an excellent reference site:
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f197/mkvii-vcds-tweak-reference-thread-98034.html

Thanks.  All done.  I was a button click away from pressing 'long coding helper' but thought I would ask rather than mess something up!
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline dangans

• Just got here
VCDS:Teach Me! (5)-static AFS light-Steering wheel ??
« Reply #609 on: 14 November 2014, 01:26 »
----------------------
09 Cent Electric
(5)-static AFS light-Steering wheel angle; offset
----------------------
What is the meaning of this item?
If you change this item, what do you change?
Is not matter if you change it?

I want to change the timing at which the cornering lights to work.