Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2791625 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #10670 on: 07 September 2020, 14:23 »
Dropped mine off at the dealer for a repair. I was hoping to get a MK8 as a loan car but I suppose that was wishful thinking. Would've been nice to see what one was like to drive and try out the buttonless dash. So I got a 69 reg petrol Bluemotion which I'm assuming is the 1.5 as it has the cylinder deactivation tech. It managed 62mpg on the way home over 20 miles,

62mg on a courtesy car? You should be ashamed of yourself  :laugh:

Oh yes, sorry :embarrassed: :grin:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #10671 on: 07 September 2020, 16:53 »
Dropped mine off at the dealer for a repair. I was hoping to get a MK8 as a loan car but I suppose that was wishful thinking. Would've been nice to see what one was like to drive and try out the buttonless dash. So I got a 69 reg petrol Bluemotion which I'm assuming is the 1.5 as it has the cylinder deactivation tech. It managed 62mpg on the way home over 20 miles, given a longer journey I'm pretty sure it would've improved on that. Pretty boring though.

They had a couple of ID3s in the carpark, looked quite smart from the outside, interior was okay but I only had time for a very quick look.

I tend to save up my trips to the local tip and recycling centre for when I’ve got a garage courtesy car - saves me getting my car dirty inside :grin:.

I watched an ID3 video on YouTube yesterday. It looks very minimalist inside, hard plastic door cards and the centre console looked quite cheap. I don’t know if it was just the trim level of the car in the video, but it had gloss piano black interior door pulls and they were covered in what looked like greasy fingermarks. Hardly a suitable material to use for door pulls IMO; seeing them covered in fingermarks and having to keep wiping them would do my head in and play havoc with my car OCD!

Hope your pano roof is all sorted out OK :smiley:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #10672 on: 07 September 2020, 17:39 »
I tend to save up my trips to the local tip and recycling centre for when I’ve got a garage courtesy car - saves me getting my car dirty inside :grin:.

I watched an ID3 video on YouTube yesterday. It looks very minimalist inside, hard plastic door cards and the centre console looked quite cheap. I don’t know if it was just the trim level of the car in the video, but it had gloss piano black interior door pulls and they were covered in what looked like greasy fingermarks. Hardly a suitable material to use for door pulls IMO; seeing them covered in fingermarks and having to keep wiping them would do my head in and play havoc with my car OCD!

Cheers SR, I must admit to being a bit nervy but I must say the dealer was being very reassuring so hopefully all should be well.

I don't like driving other people's cars, even loan cars, so it will only be used to get to and from the garage. I have my OH's Lupo for tip runs! Actually I've spent all day today cleaning the Lupo, the interior and pre wash stuff on the outside and door shuts. It was the dirtiest car I've ever cleaned, absolutely disgraceful. How she has been driving it like that I've no idea :rolleyes: Still, the worst is done, now it just needs a wash, polish and sealent. Possibly some decontamination but I'll see after the wash. Don't know why I'm bothering really, she won't clean it...
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #10673 on: 07 September 2020, 18:29 »
Today I sat back and watched Polar Seal do its thing.

image upload site
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
« Reply #10674 on: 08 September 2020, 10:42 »
Booked in to get the wheels powder coated and new tyres fitted  on the 28th :smiley:
67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #10675 on: 08 September 2020, 11:43 »

Cheers SR, I must admit to being a bit nervy but I must say the dealer was being very reassuring so hopefully all should be well.

I don't like driving other people's cars, even loan cars, so it will only be used to get to and from the garage. I have my OH's Lupo for tip runs! Actually I've spent all day today cleaning the Lupo, the interior and pre wash stuff on the outside and door shuts. It was the dirtiest car I've ever cleaned, absolutely disgraceful. How she has been driving it like that I've no idea :rolleyes: Still, the worst is done, now it just needs a wash, polish and sealent. Possibly some decontamination but I'll see after the wash. Don't know why I'm bothering really, she won't clean it...

Very much like my OH Polo - gets cleaned about once a year, however, I always ensure maintenance wise it’s in top order.

MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #10676 on: 08 September 2020, 12:34 »
^ must be a woman thing - my wife treats the interior of her car like a bin. Seriously annoys me that I can fill a carrier bag with crap from her car every fortnight - those free supermarket magazines she takes but never reads, bottles of pop half drunk, plastic coat hangers from her latest clothes shopping...
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #10677 on: 08 September 2020, 14:48 »
Very much like my OH Polo - gets cleaned about once a year, however, I always ensure maintenance wise it’s in top order.

The Lupo is pretty good mechanically too, a bit late every year for it's service as she is the Queen of putting things off :rolleyes:. But we've had if 17 years from new and it's never broken down nor failed an MoT.

^ must be a woman thing - my wife treats the interior of her car like a bin. Seriously annoys me that I can fill a carrier bag with crap from her car every fortnight - those free supermarket magazines she takes but never reads, bottles of pop half drunk, plastic coat hangers from her latest clothes shopping...

Blimey you're brave :grin:. I think it's just a general lack of interest in cars.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #10678 on: 08 September 2020, 15:25 »

The Lupo is pretty good mechanically too, a bit late every year for it's service as she is the Queen of putting things off :rolleyes:. But we've had if 17 years from new and it's never broken down nor failed an MoT.

Blimey you're brave :grin:. I think it's just a general lack of interest in cars.

Is it not that women generally have a lack of interest in cars? There are exceptions of course.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #10679 on: 08 September 2020, 15:27 »
Nah my wife is the same, the footwell of her T-cross has enough stones in it to cover the drive!!
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....