Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2791503 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6190 on: 24 February 2017, 18:18 »
Got my car back from the bodyshop, all remnants of the brief encounter with a lorry gone. Near side front wing and door resprayed, new mirror. Looks good so far but the light wasn't great so will have a better look tomorrow. I do trust the garage to have done quality work but anyone can make a mistake!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #6191 on: 24 February 2017, 18:35 »
Got my car back from the bodyshop, all remnants of the brief encounter with a lorry gone. Near side front wing and door resprayed, new mirror. Looks good so far but the light wasn't great so will have a better look tomorrow. I do trust the garage to have done quality work but anyone can make a mistake!
Hopefully it will be perfect and you can put it behind you and enjoy your car once more :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6192 on: 24 February 2017, 18:54 »
Cheers kalimon! Now just got to trust my insurer to do their job and get my £300 excess back, so far they have been less than impressive leaving me to do all the chasing of the freight company's insurers :angry: I think the claim is so small compared with the average that it's not worth their time to put the effort in, well that's the impression I get :rolleyes:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #6193 on: 25 February 2017, 07:26 »
p3asa - this is the harness I purchased : http://www.carsystems.pl/vw-footwell-lighting-rear-plug-play-harness,id647.html

One thing to remember is that I wanted to change from the standard White LED footwell lights ........................

Thanks for the informative reply.
A mod I'll maybe attempt as I think it brings a bit of class.

Cheers.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6194 on: 25 February 2017, 13:45 »

Glad to hear car is back with you Watts, and all repaired.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6195 on: 25 February 2017, 14:19 »

Thanks :smiley: Still haven't had a proper look, been raining and I have a stinking headache which I haven't even got the comfort of it being due to alcohol :angry:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6196 on: 25 February 2017, 15:00 »
After a recent trip, when I encountered 4 mobile camera vans, all in North Yorkshire, I got the Pocket GPS World Speed Camera POI database loaded via Car-Net. Enabled the POI's on the map and toggled alarm to sound for "My POI's", so will report back on how well that works. Cost me £19.99 for a year of weekly updated camera positions, so not much lost if it fails! Visual map check shows that the ones I know round here are shown. So far, so good.  :wink:
Is that Pro Nav or 'free' nav?

Just the boggo Discover Nav MIB2. After a bit of perseverance with both Car-Net and the WLAN to my car, which I find is better using the house Wi-Fi than my phone's hotspot, it's not too difficult. How effective is another thing, but it's better than nothing!

Ta, that's quite interesting actually and potentially a very useful feature.
And there was me thinking Car-Net was a bit of a gimmick up until now.
:afro:

Thanks :smiley: Still haven't had a proper look, been raining and I have a stinking headache which I haven't even got the comfort of it being due to alcohol :angry:
Fingers crossed the job is up to the expected standard.
A bit rubbish service from the insurers but I guess they get the hump when you don't use their pet bodyshop. I'm sure you'll remind them of that when it comes to renewal time.

p3asa - this is the harness I purchased : http://www.carsystems.pl/vw-footwell-lighting-rear-plug-play-harness,id647.html

One thing to remember is that I wanted to change from the standard White LED footwell lights ........................

Thanks for the informative reply.
A mod I'll maybe attempt as I think it brings a bit of class.

Cheers.

Well worth investing a few quid and a bit of time/grazed knuckles with as it looks really good, :cool: and not too drastic if the front seats can be left in situ.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6197 on: 25 February 2017, 19:30 »
Mr GTD, out of interest, where are you going to put the caliper stickers ?

I ask as the standard Calipers don't have the smooth cover plate that the PP GTI has, and instead has a big scallop cut out of the units right back to the brake pad ? Can't see where they would fit ?

[/url

Oh if only I had that pic earlier..

Oh Well, when there here (and the car is :grin:) I will test fit them before committing but I think I can safely say they mostly won't be fitted.

£6.50 down the drain...but at least it's not £650 I suppose. :rolleyes:

If your getting your calliper stickers off Adam you do get 3 different sizes and the decals do fit the non PP callipers I know caus I have them on mine lol   :whistle:

how to take screenshots

If you zoom in on my front wheel you can make the decals out  :whistle: :whistle:

Received these today. Really wasn't expecting them to arrive so quick. :smiley:

Like you said Neil they have arrived in three different sizes and from the look of them the smallest looks like it will fit the Caliper...?(that's just a guess until I see it in the flesh though)

Adam sent instructions but do you have any tips/suggestions for fitment, Neil..?

Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #6198 on: 25 February 2017, 19:40 »
Does Adam have a thread for the decals? If not can you link me to his profile?

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6199 on: 25 February 2017, 20:21 »
« Last Edit: 25 February 2017, 20:23 by Mr GTD »
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather