Author Topic: UPDATE -page 9! Don't hate my car quite so much  (Read 6140 times)

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
Re: How long are silicone hoses meant to last?? (PICS PG2)
« Reply #20 on: 03 July 2009, 16:33 »
well they say stuff happens in threes  :lipsrsealed: :wink:
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #21 on: 03 July 2009, 17:54 »
well they say stuff happens in threes  :lipsrsealed: :wink:

well the car didn't blow up on the way home...........

and VW want £93 for the standard hoses  :cry: :cry:

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 03 July 2009, 17:55 »
ouch  :sad: I'd phone SFS and see what they say, may offer you a new one  :undecided: just dont email them or pm them on uk-mivs as they dont answer  :lipsrsealed:
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #23 on: 03 July 2009, 18:00 »
ouch  :sad: I'd phone SFS and see what they say, may offer you a new one  :undecided: just dont email them or pm them on uk-mivs as they dont answer  :lipsrsealed:

well i've got the guys email address at SFS direct so i sent him the photos - also started a thread on ukmkivs but as expected - dim reply  :rolleyes:

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #24 on: 03 July 2009, 21:55 »
not good rhys  :cry: as you say silicone hoses should last longer than 12-15 months as they are upgrade from oem hoses obviously assembled and better quality materials used for performance etc well you would think so anyway and i would defo expect olnger usage than 12-15 months looks like abit of fatigue failure of some of the ply linings used in the construction of the hose  :huh: could be all that torque the dervmeister is kicking out  :grin: :grin: seriously tho worth chasing up to see what sort of response you get mate  :wink:
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 04 July 2009, 06:42 »
Theoretically the silicone hoses should last a very long time, but it does depend on who makes them, sounds like a flaw in the manufacturing process on yours.

Just make sure that they run in a smooth loop and not twisted too much as that can cause the layers to split like you have described.
ARZ K03s, Oettinger Side Skirts, R32 front, Carbon stage 2, Forge 007p (yellow spring), Forge Actuator (yellow spring), Pipercross panel filter with DSG parts, N249 and N112 deleted, SAI deleted, Carbon canister deleted, Rear wiper deleted, Long Life turbo back custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cat, VR6/G60 clutch kit, Creation Motorsport TIP, Catch can, 'Wellycooler', K04 charge pipe, S3 ported inlet manifold - looks pretty standard on the outside though :)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #26 on: 04 July 2009, 12:22 »
i have a reply.......

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/283192.aspx

Topher has suggested cutting away the affected area which i might well do as there seems to be enough pipe  :undecided:

still tempted to go back to standard  :undecided:

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 04 July 2009, 12:52 »
So the pipe blowing off caused the damage  :sad: may aswell cut it off before spending £90 on one

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #28 on: 04 July 2009, 13:45 »
So the pipe blowing off caused the damage  :sad: may aswell cut it off before spending £90 on one

yeah thats what it sounds like doesn't it  :undecided:  whats the fecking point really  :sad:

i would cut it but its raining (again) - so much for washing the car  :angry:

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #29 on: 04 July 2009, 17:49 »
Dam sorry to hear this bud  :cry:

Hope you get it sorted  :smiley:

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.